Official Assaulted On The Field

Under TAPPS rules, the young man involved in the attack on the ref in Austin automatically receives a 5 game suspension. However, St. Anthony HS has removed the young man from the team and also given him a suspension from school. I would not be surprised if the TAPPS board does not make some additional penalties at the school level.

BE":3q9d81yr said:
Somehow I missed your comment Johnny until now. If referring to the mom it doesn't apply. She is a wonderful parent and a pillar of the community, and that is why its so shocking.

If your referring to me, no argument here...I have long given witness to the inclination that I was the only loser in our family.

It was your description of the mom that I was commenting about. But I hardly think that a pillar of the community would be that way. No, BE, I wasn't referring to you.

I do recall last year at the Ira vs. Grady game. A Grady player pushed the official and started screaming cuss words at the official before his teammates pulled him off the field.

rainjacktx":2raglvvd said:
There was another official attacked in the San Antonio area over the weekend. Maybe attacked is the wrong word. A player who just got lit up for a personal foul gave the official a pretty good shove. Not on the same level as the John Jay incident - but still unacceptable behavior in my book.

I believe this was a private school.

http://uproxx.com/sports/2015/09/high-s ... ked-texas/

Rainjack, if I weren't being so nice to officials now, I might question your eyesight. Go back a page and you'll see it was reported here over the weekend.

Here's an oldie but goodie for my referee friends ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8c6Ir2okLY

I prefer to just sniff around the bs.

I wonder if there's a mailman website
where they talk about the evils of
being bitten.

My wife was told by a co-worker whose husband works with several of the guys on the chain gang that night who heard one of the referees jokingly refer to the San Antonio boys as gangster wannabes and punks, and a few other terms, but I wont express them here.

Someone should act as mediator and get both parties together to talk it over, shake hands and start the healing process. That wont happen in these times of racial tension. No forgiveness is even discussed by our so-called leaders. These kids will be disposed of, for a while, the coach(s) suspended for a short time, and the referee will be scratched from many games by many coaches, if he chooses to return.

This event is a great opportunity for Texas football to demonstrate great character and sportsmanship, qualities we openly strive for. Or it will be a festering wound, a rallying point by fringe groups who will use it to strengthen their own hate-based agenda, and that is pathetic. We are losing our God-given ability to use adversity to our favor...to make us better. The opportunity is still there.

I'm not certain what color the sky is in your world, but if the UIL or any school district allows these kids back onto a football field TASO has internal mechanisms to deal with these situations. Actually it’s quite simple. Good luck to that school finding and fielding officials for their games!

p.s. Love the old commercial! At risk of showing my age I remember the original airing of that skit :)

BE":21fwksp2 said:
My wife was told by a co-worker whose husband works with several of the guys on the chain gang that night who heard one of the referees jokingly refer to the San Antonio boys as gangster wannabes and punks, and a few other terms, but I wont express them here.

If this is true, those chain gang guys need to bring this to the attention of the chapter, and everyone involved. I'm sure it will be easy to track these guys down, now that this has come to light. I also don't understand how the back judge would be within ear-shot of the chain gang, since he was the official who was targeted....but I guess it could happen.

Spoke with an assistant director at the UIL who said the senior student is done and the sophomore will be allowed back after one year provided he follows the terms of a probation he will be on for another period of time. At present they are both attending an alternative school in San Antonio and have secured attorneys to help them through their due process hearing. The coach is suspended from UIL activities and the official is part of an investigation by the schools.

The assistant says that everyone must realize that the two players are kids and that no decision will involve more than a year suspension based on this particular action. It does not warrant a life suspension. However, the school may have different rules under their code of conduct which could apply further.

Its good to know the sky is still blue for Austin and Bexar, sinner and saint.

1 year is not enough. Obviously the uil is afraid of a lawsuit or something. This is what's wrong with our country. We keep allowing things like this. Those kids should never be allowed to participate in another uil event. Obviously they didn't see the same video I did cause the school or uil wouldn't have had to take care of it cause I would have.

Someone is always threatening to get a lawyer. Do what's right and you don't have to worry about getting a lawyer. The imbeciles who break the rules and laws have all the rights. Like you said, that's what's wrong with our country.

BE":1feztt4d said:
Spoke with an assistant director at the UIL who said the senior student is done and the sophomore will be allowed back after one year provided he follows the terms of a probation he will be on for another period of time. At present they are both attending an alternative school in San Antonio and have secured attorneys to help them through their due process hearing. The coach is suspended from UIL activities and the official is part of an investigation by the schools.

The assistant says that everyone must realize that the two players are kids and that no decision will involve more than a year suspension based on this particular action. It does not warrant a life suspension. However, the school may have different rules under their code of conduct which could apply further.

Its good to know the sky is still blue for Austin and Bexar, sinner and saint.

Some day's it's blue, some it's gray, in both counties. Who's the sinner and who's the saint? Were all sinners.
I'm guilty of judging without all the fact's. The video is pretty clear. It's premeditated. Why?
The coach's supposed statement is pretty clear. If he encouraged them he should be banned for life from education. Football is an emotional game. It's his job and responsibility to be the adult here. They are in fact still kids. He should get the lifetime suspension, from education if true.
The kids will probably be ostracized by some, hero's to others. Without knowing their backgrounds it's hard to know what their punishment should be. At 15-16 (?) the sophomore might have the sh*t scared out of him being kicked off the team and in alternative school for a year. Depends on his environment.
The Sr. is almost an "adult". Lucky he's not, or assault 2-10 or 2-20 would apply. Once again the punishment depends on his environment. If their rebellious, running with punk's and thugs, out of control they need to be removed from That environment. But jailing them may only encourage their return to it. It's a perplexing situation. JMHO

After calling half a dozen entities to find out the latest and hearing back from two, I've decided to get back to the real important, day-to-day duties pivotal to a normal existence. Its game day baby!!
After subbing "there will be no football if the vacuuming, sweeping and mopping aren't finished!", quote from the massar.

I need a life.

BE":46hbpg9d said:
After subbing "there will be no football if the vacuuming, sweeping and mopping aren't finished!", quote from the massar.
Hey! I run things at my house. The dish washer, the vacuum cleaner, the washing machine.........

Back