Newby

What happens, from what we were told, is for some reason the pancreas stops producing insulin. In type 2 which is sometimes maintained by diet & oral meds, the cells "lock out. " the insulin preventing access. Metaformin or other drugs unlock the cells and let the body's natural insulin to do its job.
We were told that sometimes the pancreas just stops producing insulin.

rainjacktx":1nqys27e said:
smokeyjoe53":1nqys27e said:
DSW just found out that she's diabetic about a month ago. Glucose level was over 400 (fasting). She's got it down to under 90 consistently now. She's one of those that went from taking no medicine to taking 3 or 4 along with insulin.

Do you guys have type I or type II?

Type II - I'll probably be off the Metformin the next time I see the doc. I've dropped about 55 lbs and put back on a lot of muscle (chainsaw and logging reps!) and have avoided carbs like the plague.

smokeyjoe53":slo49z6b said:
What happens, from what we were told, is for some reason the pancreas stops producing insulin. In type 2 which is sometimes maintained by diet & oral meds, the cells "lock out. " the insulin preventing access. Metaformin or other drugs unlock the cells and let the body's natural insulin to do its job.
We were told that sometimes the pancreas just stops producing insulin.

My late youngest brother developed Type 1 two weeks before he graduated from A&M.

I think Jack LaLane was 96
John Wooden was 95(?)
and Mandella was 96 when he died.
To me,
these were awesome men of character.
I wonder if that made a difference in their longevity?

Hmmm,
can't say that I get anti-Semitism
or pro commie outta that.

And,
the most powerful will always be a threat.
To world peace or whatever they want.
Everbody know dat.

oldfat&bald":2zbe6dcj said:
Mandela was an anti-Semite and a communist. From what I've heard, South Africa ain't the rosy place we're lead to believe it is today.

Talk to almost any non-commie South African, and they'll tell you it has become a hellhole. Theft and murder are wayway up, and the ANC which controls the government has become just another corrupt African political party mostly concerned with keeping the goodies coming to themselves. The South African Air Force only flies it's fighters in an emergency, as the only competent pilots and mechanics are the white guys, but they are not allowed to do more than 30% of the flying and work. Their Navy and Army are having similar issues. The police are now bribery prone.

BTW....if you fly there, never put any valuables in your luggage. All luggage is opened by the baggage handlers who help themselves to whatever takes their fancy.

Hi, this is my first time posting and I have read most of this topic in hopes I can learn from you guys & gals. This is very
entertaining. I don't know a lot about 6man having recently moved to Texas from the east coast and have only seen 6 games. I absolutely love the speed of the game. So much more entertaining than 11man football.
Someday I hope to make hit to some playoff games next year. It's hard to travel when you are just getting settled in a new city and starting a new job.
I don't have a favorite team yet but I hope to see Richland Springs. & some of the other great teams in the future.

hbosche":1jqm9any said:
Hi, this is my first time posting and I have read most of this topic in hopes I can learn from you guys & gals. This is very
entertaining. I don't know a lot about 6man having recently moved to Texas from the east coast and have only seen 6 games. I absolutely love the speed of the game. So much more entertaining than 11man football.
Someday I hope to make hit to some playoff games next year. It's hard to travel when you are just getting settled in a new city and starting a new job.
I don't have a favorite team yet but I hope to see Richland Springs. & some of the other great teams in the future.
You've read most of this mess? Have you started therapy yet?
It's not too late,,,,,,,,seek help immediately........

smokeyjoe53":3pdjxseb said:
hbosche":3pdjxseb said:
You've read most of this mess? Have you started therapy yet?
It's not too late,,,,,,,,seek help immediately........

What scares me is he's still got a positive attitude about us after reading it.

Of course he said he read it IN HOPES OF learning from us. He never said he learned anything.

oldfat&bald":21vnt01b said:
hbosche":21vnt01b said:
I work in the mental health field so I am semi prepared

Good! Doc WeeWee finally has some competition.

Your cure for everything isn't goob's carp based evercleer? Is it?

Just because wee wee can put on his own hockey helmet does not mean he is in the mental health field.

Well, unless there's a farm out by Aquilla that's named Mental Health. But that's the only way.

Back