Newby

Are we supposed to feel sorry for the local news people who do standups in bad weather?
I just wonder if they pick the ones with the least tenure for that duty or if it some sort of punishment?

smokeyjoe53":2l6g8rd8 said:
I'm getting dangerously close to the precipice of total boredom.......... I've just about worn the channel selector out on the hotel tv.

Just think on how the little piggies are rooting up her flower beds back home while you guys are cooling your heels at Scott and White..........

Ahhhhh. It's good to be back at HHR&WPC&SWW, otherwise known as "Smokey Manor " ............. No hog damage, no busted pipes......... Pecan pie in the oven ( albeit sugar-free ). Life is good...............

smokeyjoe53":207cd53h said:
Pecan pie in the oven ( albeit sugar-free ). Life is good...............

Sugar-free pecan pie is the desert equivalent of a vegetarian rib-eye. Or is it dessert? Either way, they both probably taste like sand.

rainjacktx":1omwpsyu said:
smokeyjoe53":1omwpsyu said:
Pecan pie in the oven ( albeit sugar-free ). Life is good...............

Sugar-free pecan pie is the desert equivalent of a vegetarian rib-eye. Or is it dessert? Either way, they both probably taste like sand.
Now thats just mean, somefolks have no choice. May obama's library be built in your back yard

No RJ is right. Not nearly as good but it's slightly better than nothing. She still makes the real kind. Just can't eat it. She also won 1st place with her Penoche Pecans in the pecan food show. Non-diabetic.

Diabetes inhales.

I can barely contain my drool as I watch someone eat a real pecan pie with a scoop of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla on top of it.

DSW just found out that she's diabetic about a month ago. Glucose level was over 400 (fasting). She's got it down to under 90 consistently now. She's one of those that went from taking no medicine to taking 3 or 4 along with insulin.

smokeyjoe53":1hxx2ivl said:
DSW just found out that she's diabetic about a month ago. Glucose level was over 400 (fasting). She's got it down to under 90 consistently now. She's one of those that went from taking no medicine to taking 3 or 4 along with insulin.

Do you guys have type I or type II?

Diabetic Pecan Pie

1 jar sugar free Honey (Honey Trees) imitation honey
1/2 C Splenda, 3 eggs
3/4 stick oleo, 1 tsp vanilla
dash of salt, 1 C pecans
bake 1 hour at 350 degrees

Try it, you will like it!

smokeyjoe53":1hdlzw0f said:
Type 1 for DSW. That was the initial diagnosis. She's not producing insulin. Found out by accident. Had neuropathy in extremities.

Type I is the killer. Type II is more manageable, and often times curable through diet. My mom is on the verge of Type II.

But I'm not telling you anything you don;t already know.

Thanks for recipe Bluebird. The ironic thing is she conducted Diabetes management & awareness programs for several years so now she gets to practice what she preached.
They put her on insulin immediately. No option. We know several type 2 diabetics and all offer their experience and suggestions but each individual has to find what works for them. Diet is very important.
I told her it wasn't really fair because I can eat anything and my glucose rarely elevates. She eats a sandwich and hers rockets up. She has always watched diet & exercised. Just shows you never know.....

smokeyjoe53":27a78bvb said:
Thanks for recipe Bluebird. The ironic thing is she conducted Diabetes management & awareness programs for several years so now she gets to practice what she preached.
They put her on insulin immediately. No option. We know several type 2 diabetics and all offer their experience and suggestions but each individual has to find what works for them. Diet is very important.
I told her it wasn't really fair because I can eat anything and my glucose rarely elevates. She eats a sandwich and hers rockets up. She has always watched diet & exercised. Just shows you never know.....

Isn't it kind of rare for Type I to be diagnosed so late? Not to say your DSW is old, but I thought type I was caught during childhood or just after puberty.

Back