McLean vs white deer

Im not sure on WD's JH record but I would not doubt that they were undefeated as well. Only 6 man, Im not discrediting Linman. He is a good coach. Ive said that previously. Not sure if I did it on the post or another. Rucker was discredited on this thread though. No jealousy or WD bias at all from me. I dont have a dog in the fight. Ive seen both teams and coaches play a great deal the last two seasons. Ive seen more of the McLean boys as they have grown up than WD's. Im just giving respect where respect is due. Ranier is the difference maker as far as coaching in McLean in my opinion. And the team that McLean had last year could have been coached by just about anybody and they still would have won the whole thing. They were just that good. And because of Crockett, they are still a force to be reckoned. You dont beat McLean if you dont stop him. Remove him from the team and you still have a playoff team but not a championship contender. In fact, if Crockett isnt the reason for McLeans success, lets leave him on the sideline for this week or any of the remainder of their games and we will see just how far McLean advances. That will show if Linmans coaching ability. If Linman is such a great team builder, he will stay in McLean because there will be a great deal of building to do in the coming years. No disrespect. Just an opinion. If, if, if, but, but, but.

I'll get away from opinions and state facts. McLean has beat Wd 4 times in two years by a total of around 230 to 90. I have a good friend who's son plays for McLean and they say Linman has completely changed a culture and is an excellent coach and person. I'll take his and many others Word over your opinions. Nobody discredited Rucker as I dont know him either just stated statistical facts. If your such a consumer of the 6man game up there then you surely have seen the difference. Good luck to both teams and players. I'll be in Robert lee to watch the bc and Rankin state championship game as they both can and will beat either of the panhandle teams(opinion)

6manonly":zu2v2xhz said:
I'll get away from opinions and state facts. McLean has beat Wd 4 times in two years by a total of around 230 to 90. I have a good friend who's son plays for McLean and they say Linman has completely changed a culture and is an excellent coach and person. I'll take his and many others Word over your opinions. Nobody discredited Rucker as I dont know him either just stated statistical facts. If your such a consumer of the 6man game up there then you surely have seen the difference. Good luck to both teams and players. I'll be in Robert lee to watch the bc and Rankin state championship game as they both can and will beat either of the panhandle teams(opinion)

I couldnt agree with you more 6manonly. And Swires... facts dont have feelings. WDs sophomore class also went undefeated in JH. The talent is there. Not to mention WD has the benefit of getting all the kids from skellytown and transfers from pampa and panhandle. McLean doesn't.

Im not denying your facts. And I know a great deal about the McLean boys also. To say Linman is 3 times the coach or Rucker is a discredit to Rucker. Thats not a fact. Its an opinion. I stated an opinion as to why McLean has dominated them. 1 is the opinion that Ranier is the reason for the defensive dominance. The 2nd is the fact that Crockett is the unstoppable force on the team.

And lubbock feller, Crockett and the group from last year didnt start to dominate until last year after their sophomore season. Skellytown is a part of the school district so the kids from there are not transfers. As far as Pampa transfers, im not sure. I know that there a few on the team who have always gone to school in WD and have always lived in Pampa or their parents moved to Pampa later. To my knowledge, there are no Panhandle transfers. There isnt anything there to justify that WD should be superior in stock!

swires":383ldrrg said:
Im not denying your facts. And I know a great deal about the McLean boys also. To say Linman is 3 times the coach or Rucker is a discredit to Rucker. Thats not a fact. Its an opinion. I stated an opinion as to why McLean has dominated them. 1 is the opinion that Ranier is the reason for the defensive dominance. The 2nd is the fact that Crockett is the unstoppable force on the team.

And lubbock feller, Crockett and the group from last year didnt start to dominate until last year after their sophomore season. Skellytown is a part of the school district so the kids from there are not transfers. As far as Pampa transfers, im not sure. I know that there a few on the team who have always gone to school in WD and have always lived in Pampa or their parents moved to Pampa later. To my knowledge, there are no Panhandle transfers. There isnt anything there to justify that WD should be superior in stock!

*Linmans 1st year at McLean he took them to the quarterfinals and also beat WD 50-36 that year. He is undefeated against Rucker.

LBK6manFan":35ivgcef said:
swires":35ivgcef said:

*Linmans 1st year at McLean he took them to the quarterfinals and also beat WD 50-36 that year. He is undefeated against Rucker.

You say he took them. They took him there. Barry Switzer won a Superbowl with Cowboys when he had the team to do it with!

I'll take responsibility for starting this coaching duel for that I'm sorry. You are trying to discredit him now so let's move on it will get us nowhere but right back here.

6manonly":xvm3jyik said:
I'll take responsibility for starting this coaching duel for that I'm sorry. You are trying to discredit him now so let's move on it will get us nowhere but right back here.
* I take responsibility too, I like to stir the pot a bit especially when I have the facts. My opinions still stay the same but this argument did get out of hand. My apologies 6manonly, you are right.

There is no need for apologies. I do not see that anything got out of hand. Did I take exception to it being said that Linman was 2 or 3 times the coach Rucker is because he has beaten him the last 5 times they have played? I did. I did not try to discredit McLeans coach. I have said it twice on this thread and also on a previous thread that I believe he is a good coach. If by me stating that he is not the reason for McLeans overall success since he started there discredits him, then I am wrong. It doesnt take a rocket surgeon to see the real reason behind the success at McLean. The biggest reason for McLeans success is Crockett! Close to that is the addition of Coach Ranier and his defense. Does Linman deserve credit for being a huge part of state championship and potential state championship? 100%. Does that make him the greatest thing since peanut butter like he has been portrayed? No. Is he a great offensive strategist who has changed the way 6 man is played? No he is not. He runs the same plays and offense that the majority of coaches in 6 man use. Does he teach his kids fundamentals and inspire them to be greater individuals in life? Absolutely yes. Does it make him three times the coach Rucker is because he has beaten him every time they have faced each other? No. We (I included) judge coaches for all kinds of different reasons. Are wins, losses, and rings what determine the character and success of a coach? It all depends on which ruler you are measuring with. I dont know what facts you stated that make you think i was proven wrong. McLean has beaten WD the last 5 times they have played? I never disagreed with that. I saw all of the games in person so I know who won. I never declared a winner or loser in this game. I simply stated that to beat McLean, a team has to tackle Crockett and score more points against a very aggressive good tackling defense. That hasnt happened the last 5 times these two teams have played. If White Deer can do that Friday night, then they will win the game.If not, McLean will win. Oh, and Ill still be here.

swires":3rh46jrq said:
There is no need for apologies. I do not see that anything got out of hand. Did I take exception to it being said that Linman was 2 or 3 times the coach Rucker is because he has beaten him the last 5 times they have played? I did. I did not try to discredit McLeans coach. I have said it twice on this thread and also on a previous thread that I believe he is a good coach. If by me stating that he is not the reason for McLeans overall success since he started there discredits him, then I am wrong. It doesnt take a rocket surgeon to see the real reason behind the success at McLean. The biggest reason for McLeans success is Crockett! Close to that is the addition of Coach Ranier and his defense. Does Linman deserve credit for being a huge part of state championship and potential state championship? 100%. Does that make him the greatest thing since peanut butter like he has been portrayed? No. Is he a great offensive strategist who has changed the way 6 man is played? No he is not. He runs the same plays and offense that the majority of coaches in 6 man use. Does he teach his kids fundamentals and inspire them to be greater individuals in life? Absolutely yes. Does it make him three times the coach Rucker is because he has beaten him every time they have faced each other? No. We (I included) judge coaches for all kinds of different reasons. Are wins, losses, and rings what determine the character and success of a coach? It all depends on which ruler you are measuring with. I dont know what facts you stated that make you think i was proven wrong. McLean has beaten WD the last 5 times they have played? I never disagreed with that. I saw all of the games in person so I know who won. I never declared a winner or loser in this game. I simply stated that to beat McLean, a team has to tackle Crockett and score more points against a very aggressive good tackling defense. That hasnt happened the last 5 times these two teams have played. If White Deer can do that Friday night, then they will win the game.If not, McLean will win. Oh, and Ill still be here.

* You literally said Linman hasnt had success before McLean won a state championship(1st ever) I proved you wrong, he had Crockett as a skinny sophomore and went to the quarterfinals. Hopefully you've heard of offseason and strength and conditioning which Linman brought in. Not to mention you discredited him on his defense, which he brought in before Rainer. He runs what is effective and what works with the personnel he has. Didnt he have to replace 3-4 quality starters from last years team? Yes. Prove ME wrong Andee?
*And... you do have ties to WD, congrats on the Does! I would assume it would be the lady pirates of Lefors...

Linman has absolutely turned the program around. I watched McLean way back in 20(11)?. Crockett’s older brother was a stud, and the McLean team was stacked. But the coaching was literally some of the worst I’ve seen. Athletes make plays, coaches make champions.

BigFan22":1ix7h07i said:
Linman has absolutely turned the program around. I watched McLean way back in 20(11)?. Crockett’s older brother was a stud, and the McLean team was stacked. But the coaching was literally some of the worst I’ve seen. Athletes make plays, coaches make champions.
* And BOOM goes the dynamite! You are spot on. Well said

Oh Ill keep digging. The defense deal came from Rainer. Same defense that was ran in Follett by Etheridge when Rainer was there. McLean never ran defense that way until Rainer got there. Still no facts proven. Remove Crockett from the field the last 2 years. What do you get??? You get McLean staying at the house come playoff time!!!!!!

Back