White Deer vs Ira. Mclean vs aspermont.

tdog5344":38f4fsp6 said:
Nobody is giving any props to Aspermont they have only lost two games!!

I agree with ya. They’re good, but I just don’t see them pulling off a W this week. But, ya never do know!

Wego4it":2vex7cbm said:
Bulldogs82":2vex7cbm said:
Your right, Ira hasn’t played much competition, but bet my words, they broke down Crowell and 45 em. Ira is playing team ball right now, you will see, White deer fans are still riding the BC win, where BC had their best 3 starters out. You are delusional if you think it will be by 45

BC had starters out against union not against White Deer.

BC DID have starters out against White Deer...more than when they played Union Hill actually. I believe only one starter was out in the UH game.

Bulldogs82":syq8v9di said:
Actually the union hill game in Jayton was their first game and they went in with no injuries. I know this team pretty well as between them and Ira , me and a buddy are going back and forth updating each other as the game goes on and during the week, BC had a 2 point lead on White deer at half and 3 starters got hurt during the game... the injuries occurred in the stream game on two of them the week before and richey wouldn’t let them back in for the second half. I wouldn’t post it if it didn’t come from a good source

What you're saying about the White Deer game is mostly correct. However, BC's starting center/D End was out for the UH game and if my memory is correct, big 42 went down towards the end of the UH game.

So for some reason, White Deers win against Borden was a farce because they did or didnt have some starters out. I only saw one young man in a jersey on the sidelines. I did see some kids not return after starting the game. I think its sad that excuses get thrown around like dust in the west Texas wind. I dont know of a coach or parent who would allow a kid to play if they were actually injured. Maybe they were hurt or hurting. Maybe they got hurt in the Strawn game. Maybe some kids from White Deer got hurt during the game. Maybe that one time the game would have ended differently if BC hadnt fumbled on that one down. Maybe the coach could have called a different play on 4th and long. Maybe BC got beat by Strawn and White Deer because they were more physical. Maybe they both won because on that day, they were just better. Maybe, but, if... Maybe Strawn would have won against McLean if they had spread the field more. Their great coach apparently wasnt able to recognize that his spread was effective. Maybe maybe maybe. Im not a rocket surgeon by any means, but I do know this, there are 32 teams full of hungry young men who have earned the right to represent their schools and communities this weekend. After this weekend, some good teams will be hanging up their pads. Teams match up differently against one another, young men make costly mistakes during games, coaches make poor decisions, officials mess up calls. The great thing about it all is that they get to play the game.

When the injury bug hits a six-man team, most of the time it is all over. If it is early enough in the season, they might come back in time for the playoff run. That is where the school with the most players (i.e. largest enrollment) has the advantage, as a decent replacement may be found in the subs. Enough at least to give healing time to the injured. That is just another good reason for the two divisions. Parity.

Your right swires, coach mad some bad calls that might of been different if maybe the injured starters were in or maybe he called the go for it on 4th down, maybe the starters would have made the difference but be real the BC team is better than white deer, I’m not a BC fan but a got a good buddy who follows it game in and out, that’s wher I get me info. But I am talking WD and Ira, white deer beat a beat up BC team, cause like you said hungry teams have hungry players, who believe it or not try to push through injury and play only to get hurt worse or realize they can’t, he se the reason richey pulled them in the second half. BC is a stamina team. They can last four quarters and would of wore WD down. But with all that said , White deer beat BC cause of injuries, they got beat by the only other two teams that were good. The rest of their schedule was weak. Ira will win.

I can see Ira pulling it off. I was impressed with the way WD fought against BC to hold on and get the win; but with the way Ira handled last week without Valentine was very impressive. This team has some great athlete's on it who have a ton of experience. I think they will surprise a lot of folks this week.

I love it when people speak of something that they have no clue about. White Deer is not riding any wins or losses at this point in the season. They have more depth than people understand and this is the only website that has Ira ranked higher and picked to win. I will take WD by 30+.

Who people or me? take WD by 30 ,35, or 45 but that’s just it Ira has the depth too , but I’m just saying we will revisit this Saturday night, and if ira looses I’ll admit I was wrong but I expect the same.

After all this said though, Happy Thanksgiving to all you guys, I do appreciate being able to argue the points with y’all cause the only other person I go back and forth is my good ol BC buddy and we sometimes are a stale mate,

I got your point, excuses can be made and thrown around, I know but we got to look at facts and other games to help conclude what we are thinking, but I think the whole reason everyone thinks white deer will win is because they beat BC , that’s all I’m saying . I am not saying they are a bad team, I just think they will be equivalent to Aspermont, Aspermont would of beat BC if they played the same game as White deer. Aspermont is a tough team. that’s my point. It might be a closer game, than we know. But I do not put white deer in the elite, Ira I don’t even think is elite , cause if they do win this week, then Mclean is the team to beat. We know white deer won’t make up for a 58 point loss if they play Mclean. Look at the records and stats Ira played better against Crowell then what white deer did against BC. That’s all I can go off of and regardless that there is 32 hungry teams not everyone gets a trophy like in boys club. Eventually they will have to go through Mclean.

The whole deal is one can look at one game and draw conclusions. To me, thats like throwing darts at a 3 inch board with a blindfold on. One can say WD isnt that good because they beat a battered BC team. Someone else can say that WD came in physical and put 2 starters on the sideline. WD had some kids leave the game too. One could make excuses about why WD lost to UH. That WD was up by 2 scores with 4 minutes to play, ball carrier runs down the sideline, is prolly gonna go untouched into the endzone and the ball pops out right in front a UH defender. Did this one play decide the game? Not by any means. Did it impact the game? Of course. As I posted on another thread way back, any team can win at any given moment. Looking at facts/stats is a different story altogether. In the beginning of this post, thats what I did. One common opponent-Hermleigh. WD beat them by a few more (9) points than Ira did. WD, BC, Ira, UH (Prolly a better shot than any team Ive seen) and many others are very capable of beating McLean. Ira could come and 45 WD or WD could 45 Ira. I dont see it happening (opinion). I do know this, I have seen them both play and they are both very good physical football teams. What I was trying to elude to is that there are so many factors that do play into a game that its not even funny. To make excuses that BC lost to WD because of injuries, is a stretch in my opinion. We can all guess and we can go by the guess of Grangers great toy. The only way we will truly know the outcome is to show up and watch the game. But if we are gonna go from what I read, noone is better than Milford and everyone should just lay down and quit right now!!!!

Aspermont is moving the ball fairly easily right now against Mclean, but they can't even get close to stopping McLean. The onside kick that McLean recovered to start the game is looming large.

So close to 4qt, Aspermont put up a fight!! Well took dang near all 3 qt to get the 45 everyone predicted! What about Balmorhea and ropes? They are in the 4th with Balmorhea way on top but the way Balmorhea played last week they should of put ropes away at the half. Next up GC vs BC and Ira vs WD!! It’s going to be good!!

Back