White Deer V.S. McLean

Exciting week!! This game brings some excitement to the season for both teams. I think WD will be prepared and motivated early, they’re looking for revenge from last year. With that said, Mclean wins 60-14, midway through the 3rd

WD is a very solid team, but McLean will be too physical for WD. I do not see WD being able to stop McLean. I think WD will have a couple of big plays on offense to keep them in the game early, but they will wear down and get tired of having to tackle Ben Crockett all night. McLean wins by 45 either at halftime or early in the 3rd.

I think the result of this game will, as any game for that matter, can have several different outcomes. There are also a lot what ifs in what im gonna say so dont hold it against me. White Deer has been slow to get started at some points this season. White Deer has also played with different intensities. So this games result will vary greatly depending on which White Deer team shows up Friday night. The WD team that played Borden Co. came out slow but played a very intense football game against a very physical BC team. Turnovers hurt both teams. Union Hill has the most physical team I have seen other than McLean. They were not quite as big as McLean, but UH is big and they were very physical. White Deer had a slow start in that game also and in my opinion, would have won that game by 20+ without costly turnovers. There were also some amazing catches in the game by UH on 3rd or 4th and long. Catches that you dont normally see on Friday night. If, WD comes out slow against McLean, it could be over at half. But then again, WD has played well defensively regardless of size and physicality. If the intense team from WD shows up this week, this game will last until the final buzzer. WD also has the ability to win this game. It would have to be a mistake free game on their part but it could happen. I hope it a great game!!!!!

I agree swires. WD is fully capable of competing with McLean, and in my opinion this will only be Round 1 of the WD/McLean matchup. I fully expect them to meet each other in the playoffs. I think it will be a great game, and I can't wait to be there to watch it. I do not want to take anything away from WD and Coach Rucker by saying I do not think will beat McLean. He does a great job and his team always plays hard. I just don't think they will have the horses to stop Crockett.

bballcoach":1l1blseq said:
I agree swires. WD is fully capable of competing with McLean, and in my opinion this will only be Round 1 of the WD/McLean matchup. I fully expect them to meet each other in the playoffs. I think it will be a great game, and I can't wait to be there to watch it. I do not want to take anything away from WD and Coach Rucker by saying I do not think will beat McLean. He does a great job and his team always plays hard. I just don't think they will have the horses to stop Crockett.

I'm curios bballcoach. If all whitedeer has to do is stop Crockett then how hard can it really be..In your other posts it was Mclean by 45 at half??

bballcoach":37rky80d said:
WD is a very solid team, but McLean will be too physical for WD. I do not see WD being able to stop McLean. I think WD will have a couple of big plays on offense to keep them in the game early, but they will wear down and get tired of having to tackle Ben Crockett all night. McLean wins by 45 either at halftime or early in the 3rd.

You confused??

In my second post, I said WD is fully CAPABLE of competitive with McLean.. I didn’t say they would. I also never said that the ONLY thing they had to do is stop Crockett. McLean can spread them out and throw the ball if they have to as well. They just haven’t had to show that much this year, because they are scoring at will. Once again, WD is a great team but McLean will be too much for WD to stop in my opinion.

Tdog.. since you are into this quoting me thing.. where did I say that the only thing WD has to do is stop Crockett? All I have said is they will struggle to do.. just like everyone else has this year.

IF they were to stop Crocket(which will never happen) then you still have to deal with Chism Henderson, Cayden Mann, Bradley Hannon, Dalton Abshire(highly underrated player), Jacob Watson, Kater Tate, Kade Reichman. There literally isn’t a weak spot on this team. I’m not even talking trash or hating on WD, I’m very sure they are a really good team, and I’m also very sure this game will be over at half or mid 3rd in McLean’s favor. It’s not a knock on WD, it’s more of a props to Mclean for how legit they really are. 60-14 Final

McLean played strawn, who is not near the team they were last year and beat them and now they are German super soilders?? Let the team play a “good” team they are good nothing taken but haven’t played nobody besides week 0 strawn. Yes week zero. Balmorhea not the team they were last year. and don’t say oh but they played Folett, because follett 5-2 barely beat Valley who is INCREDIBLY down. They played happy also down. Plain view Christian, who is that? Weak schedules get you “HYPE” but till they play somebody worth noting, it’s nothing. Strawn week 0 means nothing. Just do to the fact strawn isn’t the team they were predicted to be. Get off the bandwagon because it will be ending soon. When they are tested.

Jacketfann123":31wbp5i4 said:
McLean played strawn, who is not near the team they were last year and beat them and now they are German super soilders?? Let the team play a “good” team they are good nothing taken but haven’t played nobody besides week 0 strawn. Yes week zero. Balmorhea not the team they were last year. and don’t say oh but they played Folett, because follett 5-2 barely beat Valley who is INCREDIBLY down. They played happy also down. Plain view Christian, who is that? Weak schedules get you “HYPE” but till they play somebody worth noting, it’s nothing. Strawn week 0 means nothing. Just do to the fact strawn isn’t the team they were predicted to be. Get off the bandwagon because it will be ending soon. When they are tested.

If a win in week 0 means nothing, why even play? Also, who does McLean have to play to be “tested”? Will beating WD be considered beating a “good” team in your mind?

Jackettfann123:. I'm going to break it down for in Layman's terms.

1. Strawn still ranked #1 in Division 2.
2. Balmorhea is ranked #6 and White Deer is ranked #7 and McLean beat Balmorhea 56-0.
3. White Deer beat Follett 52-32 and McLean beat Follett 48-0.
4. Last thing, I want you to come on here and apologize to everyone for posting the silliness you posted.
Now you don't have to do this until after the game and you realize why everyone is on the McLean train.
5. McLean 56 White Deer 8.....

Back