Leakey

Can someone give me a little insight on my new favorite team this week. I have not heard anything about this team, looked quickly at their scores and looks like they don't allow many points on defense. Also, did not look like many blowouts, so do they play a ball control offense? Just looking for a little info on them, as I will be their #1 fan this week.

Granger posted a link to a Texas Monthly article about the New Home and Leakey football programs. The new coach there came from Zephyr.
I think they are a true “sleeper” that you just might see in Jerry’s World “.

FCSA football":2572qy9s said:
Granger posted a link to a Texas Monthly article about the New Home and Leakey football programs. The new coach there came from Zephyr.

Some of the kids on this team might have fathers who played on the 1975 state champ team.

Thank you FSCA, I missed that post. I like their story. I would tell the story of how Milford was founded as I was told as a young lad ,but I am scared my history lesson will disappear.

Sorry, Leakey is playing Milford, so can’t exactly leave Milford out of the conversation now can we ? Especially since the Leakey coach is from Zephyr.
Just saying.........

Old Bearkat":17xcrnom said:
FCSA football":17xcrnom said:

Some of the kids on this team might have fathers who played on the 1975 state champ team.

Maybe Grandfathers? Leaky's a cool place, near the Frio with the hills and all. Natural rivalry with Medina. Good for sixman and the local fans. Nice run this year for Leaky after their move up to sixman. A soft schedule may well end with Milford. They are an experienced sixman playoff team with great athletes. That said, Leaky has had a couple of years to learn the game and I guess enough players to choose from that they could still be playing in 11 man, though loosing way too often there as opposed to 6m. I don't know much about Leaky. Can the underdogs pull off the upset?

Mexican Englishman":2tin5om2 said:
Can someone give me a little insight on my new favorite team this week. I have not heard anything about this team, looked quickly at their scores and looks like they don't allow many points on defense. Also, did not look like many blowouts, so do they play a ball control offense? Just looking for a little info on them, as I will be their #1 fan this week.

I’m starting to think you’re a bigger Bulldog fan than some of these other guys on here! You have really hyped up the Bulldogs every week after Aquilla took that BIG L from them!!!! Every week they have proved you wrong by feeding on your negativity to show that Milford has what it takes to keep playing in the playoffs!!!

We will see. I think that is why they play the game instead of just giving the trophy to one team or the other. I don’t have much personal knowledge about either team except Leakey has been entirely overlooked this year. Nobody expected them to get an invitation to the Dance and yet here they are. On the other hand, Milford is a known quantity with a great record and a winning tradition.
Rocky vs Apollo Creed, David vs Goliath, a matchup that is a great human interest story. Can’t help but cheer for the “little guy” in this one.

Hell is having you represent Aquilla on here. I know some of them wish you would shut up.As long as we beat your team I'm good. But last I checkedwe are still rolling and you're dribbling. So dribble on out of here...

Hey guys, this thread started out about Leakey. How about we leave all the existing dirty laundry and bad blood between all the pro Milford vs. anti Milford crowds on all those other threads. Let’s just talk about this game and these players in a civilized manner for once ok ?
Just asking.........

Great season by Leakey no doubt but I think Taron and Milford is too much for them to handle, but that’s just my opinion they play the game for a reason. With that said Gimme Milford by 45 Late 3rd Early 4th

Back