Jonesboro vs. Oglesby

There is a dead community and old school right between Clifton and Valley Mills that was named Mozelle as well... not the Valera, Mozelle, Panther Creek school you are thinking of Leman.

In 1964, the last season i see on record, Flat was playing Star, Fairy, Morgan, and Sidney in non-district, then Jarrell, Oglesby, Buckholts, Turnersvile, and Jonesboro in District. Just South of Oglesby, i think still Coryell County, so I would say yes.

I forgot about the danged old yellow jackets... Yeap 20 miles from oglesby. and part of coryell county.

A few of those might be in Hamilton/bosqueville county, but close enough haha

Alot of the ghost schools were sucked up into gatesville, jonesboro and evant. Im sure there are some old relics around those areas.

Should be a good game tonight....Reminds me a little of the early 2000s when names like Bankhead, Vandiver, Blanco,West, and Villarreal were running around Oglesby.....and Buster, Martin, Lilljedahl, Anderson, and Massingill were at Jonesboro.

I look forward to hearing about this game... in all actuality, Jonesboro should have been picked by 45 by anyone.. but I had a hope i would be a good game. Oglesby gets credit, and Jonesboro loses none

Longhorn85":1opue39c said:
I look forward to hearing about this game... in all actuality, Jonesboro should have been picked by 45 by anyone.. but I had a hope i would be a good game. Oglesby gets credit, and Jonesboro loses none
My "toy" had Jonesboro as a 15 point favorite, so not every "anyone". They won by 19, so a very minor change up for Jonesboro and down for Oglesby.

hornkeeper12":3qfxy36f said:
Longhorn85":3qfxy36f said:
My "toy" had Jonesboro as a 15 point favorite, so not every "anyone". They won by 19, so a very minor change up for Jonesboro and down for Oglesby.
I was checking out the Waco Trib. Scoreboard last night and Oglesby was up 21-19 at the half. I'm looking forward to hearing about this game as well. They will get a big write up in the Wed. Gatesville Messenger, very nice lead in article last week.

Oglesby and Jonesboro are both the real deal. Great game Oglesby just came up short twice in the redzone and had one td called back for holding. These will probably be the two teams representing this district in the playoffs.

Back