Benjamin vs Oglesby

4 teams played today only 1 of them including there coaches was not a class act when it came to poor sportsmanship arguing with refs every play and fit throwing.
When you are the reigning state champion, everybody answers to you on the field. Words I have been told come from one team and have been echoed throughout the season.

I don’t ever want to hear another word about if Grayson Rigdon will be beat or if he is really “that good”. That kid is freakin stud and he is THE GOAT ! no questions asked !!! That young man is standing on business and he means it !
I agree. Hell of an athlete. The question is will he stay 6 man or go up a level or two?

His hands were clearly under the ball just like oglesby clearly touched the ball first on the onside and numerous others oh the caught pass where they tried to pitch it back and fumbled it then gave it back to oglesby I mean come on the list goes on the game only lasted as long as it did because of the refs let’s not count the missed holding calls on all their first possessions are y’all serious?
I don't think you could clearly tell his hands were under the ball on that interception (probaby why the call was upheld...either way, it was subjective IMO). Your opinion is really meaningless since you have a bias towards your team.

On the onside kick, again, you couldn't tell, CLEARLY (since you like that word) that Oglesby touched the ball first. Just because his hand was behind the ball in the replay does not mean his hand was on the ball. There was no irrefutable evidence to overturn. This opinion was brought to you by an unbiased, no dog in the fight, neutral, fan.

I sense you have gotten burned by a coach or two before.
Maybe... maybe not LOL.

Outside of my personal experiences, it's still crazy that coaches get to pick. Can you imagine if Nick Saban picked officials and then a controversial call went their way?

It makes it difficult to be objective and unbiased, knowing that if a coach doesn't like your call, you may get scratched, even if you got it 100% right. And it encourages sucking up to coaches to increase the likelihood of being picked. It breeds corruption on both sides.

Maybe... maybe not LOL.

Outside of my personal experiences, it's still crazy that coaches get to pick. Can you imagine if Nick Saban picked officials and then a controversial call went their way?

It makes it difficult to be objective and unbiased, knowing that if a coach doesn't like your call, you may get scratched, even if you got it 100% right. And it encourages sucking up to coaches to increase the likelihood of being picked. It breeds corruption on both sides.
I do agree with you that it does make it harder to be unbiased. It's a job and they are the boss. I was once told by an experienced official that every coach has a list of 5-10 crews that they will use and list of crews not to use. Coaches call each other and discuss crews they think lean to their style of play when in question. At the end of the day, you gotta call what you see and enforce the rules as written while keeping your integrity.

Back