Jonesboro vs. Oglesby

I wish you luck and hope it is the game of the week.

Bit of trivia for you,

Once upon a time, back in the day, I dunked the ball in Oglesby and bent the rim down a couple of inches in the front. What team did I play for?

Was this before the spring loaded rims? Are you sure of the sequence of events? Could you have grabbed the rim, bent it down as you pulled yourself up to dunk the basketball? Was there a chair involved?

Blue Bird":nn2ijy4y said:
Was this before the spring loaded rims? Are you sure of the sequence of events? Could you have grabbed the rim, bent it down as you pulled yourself up to dunk the basketball? Was there a chair involved?
All good questions! It was before Oglesby got spring loaded rims (we did have to replace the rim but just with the kind that was already there). There wasn't a chair involved and I didn't use it to pull myself up,,,just hung on it too long. It was in pre-game warm ups and the officials tried to make us play on the bent goal the whole game but our coach wouldn't do it (btw- the short goal would have been a huge advantage - our coach just wasn't too swift)

I love rivalry games... and this is one of my favorite in the east. It will actually be my top game to review this week with historical background. The week before Oglesby played Mullin, I was telling my dad, former Jonesboro Sup. that both teams might come into this week undefeated. Cant ask for a better matchup! That is of course until possibly Gordon and Strawn both meet undefeated ;)

In a quick search through records, I can not find a time when Jonesboro and Oglesby met when they were both undefeated. Anyone from Jonesboro or Oglesby have any insight on this?

Back