Gordon vs Abbott Thoughts

Longhorn85

Six-man fan
So what is the general consensus on how this game will go this week. Both have taken care of business all year, and it is a rematch of last year's quarterfinal. Will this game decide who goes to state from the D1 East?

I think yes, this will decide who goes to state from the east. It should be a slobber knocker. Looking like Abbott will be at full strength this week. I think they win a tight one. Gordon is no doubt a multi threat offence and have an outstanding defense. This will be there first real test of the season. I'm not sure they have faced a team that can run and throw like Abbott can. Also not sure Abbott has played a team as good as Gordon either. Again, I expect a tight game, Abbott by 8.
#Don'tLookBack

This will be there first real test of the season.
Granted, the teams generally get better as the playoffs continue, but Milford was a pretty good test for Gordon and they beat Milford handily. I think that was a pretty good response to the "easy schedule" argument. I think they will give Abbott all they can handle. I've picked Gordon in an upset (-1 still counts lol). Gordon by 13.

Yes, Milford was without a doubt the best team Gordon has faced so far. After the first quarter Gordon settled in and handled their business for sure. If you are saying that Milford is even in the same class as Abbott you are just being silly.

Yes, Milford was without a doubt the best team Gordon has faced so far. After the first quarter Gordon settled in and handled their business for sure. If you are saying that Milford is even in the same class as Abbott you are just being silly.
I didn't say that at all...otherwise I would have picked Gordon by 45, which I did not..

Granted, the teams generally get better as the playoffs continue, but Milford was a pretty good test for Gordon and they beat Milford handily. I think that was a pretty good response to the "easy schedule" argument. I think they will give Abbott all they can handle. I've picked Gordon in an upset (-1 still counts lol). Gordon by 13.
I don’t think a Milford win takes away an “easy season” statement. Schedules speak for themselves.

If we are comparing Milford games and using that to pick a winner. You have to go with Abbott. Gordon struggled with Milford. Milford lost to Union Hill (without the S) and Abbott handled UH pretty easy.

I have Abbott by 24 points.

So what is the general consensus on how this game will go this week. Both have taken care of business all year, and it is a rematch of last year's quarterfinal. Will this game decide who goes to state from the D1 East?
I see this one going down to wire. And the team that has the ball last wins. But I did pick Abbott by 8.

I think Abbott has that team of destiny vibe this year. Send out Coach Crawford with a state title
Pump the brakes good buddy. We are just talking about the region final game not a state championship.

Abbot will have to get by Gordon this week and face off against Jonesboro. If they get both of them taken care of you will have a very good West team.

West will win the title this year.

Back