Freddy vs Baytown

THEQB

Six-man fan
I had a thread on Freddy vs Spring branch last week and had some interesting opinions.
Whats the the on this game?
Baytown seems to be playing with some steam and have a 10-0 record to show for it. Only 62 points allowed the entire season. Defense seems pretty nasty but offensively they are putting up some solid numbers as well and ride the back of their huge running back in the backfield. That kid is a monster and he will flat run you over.
Freddy has some big wins last few weeks dismantling Spring branch and beating a solid Bulverde Bracken team. Solid program and have some very good weapons with #5 and #7.

This should be a very interesting game.
What you think fellas?

I think it will be a great game. Freddy is really good and Baytown is really good. Seguin should be well rested waiting for the winner.

Freddy has a tradition of winning and a good program from what I can see. They run a lot of trick plays too but Baytown has several offensive and defensive weapons and I agree have a monster running game. Should be a great matchup but I give the nod to Baytown on this one

Holy cow! What a game! 43-42, Baytown. 19-14 Baytown at the half, then they traded touchdowns and 3 point leads till the bitter end. Ref told Shipman is was the best 6-man game he'd ever seen. I have to agree. I'm pretty sure Baytown folks were surprised by how well and how hard the Freddy boys played. More importantly, both sides played with class.

It was a hard fought game. Both sides were physical. Baytown might have a few bruised/ hurt or injured players- #21 and I think #7 (maybe it was #5?) for them went out a few times with what looked like rolled ankles or some other leg injuries, but came in a few plays later it seemed like. Freddy had two turnovers within the red zome, bawtown did a good job with causing as many turnovers as they could. The game came down to PATs, and both teams were blocking PATs/ extra point attempts. It was a back and forth game, hard fought from both sides. The score was close to my prediction that it would be in the mid range of points. Congrats to Baytown on the win, and from what I could see there was excellent sportsmanship showed by both teams

Hate I missed it.

To the Freddy faithful and observers, does Baytown stand a chance against an equally good program as Seguin? No one knows Seguin better than you guys.

I haven't seen seguin this year. Seguin will have to stop #21, and Baytown also uses #3 and #7 a good amount too. Seguin will want to prepare for Baytown's tight-t formation that they have the Statue of Liberty/behind the back handoff thing. Seguin's backside end will need to watch for the reverse out of that set as well. For seguin, hit them hard, I think Baytown was surprised how physical Freddy was to them. If seguin is physical and blocks well, I think they will win over Baytown. Also Baytown loves the cut block, even on their tight run game

Kudos to Freddy, I really thought Baytown would win by more. Freddy with its championships has established itself and clearly their kids stepped up. Shortaround I would agree that Seguin should be the favorite after a physical game as reported. I bet the spread has to be at 25 to 30 points for Seguin.

Cougar1414":24od01fy said:
. I bet the spread has to be at 25 to 30 points for Seguin.

Or more. Seguin should be feeling good after seeing the close score and Baytown not running away with it. Baytown must have gotten worn down by Freddy or???
I see Seguin on top this week by 14 over Baytown.

I was also surprised that Seguin didn't 45 Orange. I guess thats playoff football. Seguin is by far the better Team and I think baytown might have reach the end of the road.

Cougar1414":1s5c4m66 said:
I was also surprised that Seguin didn't 45 Orange. I guess thats playoff football. Seguin is by far the better Team and I think baytown might have reach the end of the road.

Not sure how orange stayed with them. Seguin is a super fast team and orange just should not have been able to match the speed. Anyone go to that game?

Cougar1414":2lnwyyj3 said:

Don't put too much into that. I think Lifegate was a little short-handed that game. From the reports I've heard, their defense did their job. And as the saying goes, Defense wins Championships. Offense wins the other bowl games ...

freeagent":1ih4iclr said:
Cougar1414":1ih4iclr said:

Don't put too much into that. I think Lifegate was a little short-handed that game. From the reports I've heard, their defense did their job. And as the saying goes, Defense wins Championships. Offense wins the other bowl games ...

Shorthanded? I know most of the schools had grades posted this Friday. Maybe they lost a few players to grades?

It must have been some key players that were absent. Expected a 45 in that game if the report is true that it went a full game.

Back