Baytown Christian vs. Austin Veritas

Baytown or Lutheran have any open weeks?
That would be a fair game. I believe Baytown could go the 4 quarters but would not come close to winning that matchup. 4-2 i wouldn’t bite off more than you can chew

WarEagle":2r3c9yau said:
We all know BC is a great program and would give any team all they can handle, that said all I am saying is that there is a lot of season yet to be played and to call out a team and just assume they aren't a formidable foe when you know very little if anything about this years team is not wise. So come on out October 19th when we play a really good opponent in Heritage Christian and I'll save you a seat..

-War Eagle

Agree war eagle your team has played very good football.
However news flash... Fredericksburg is down this year. Only 10-11 kids on the field. Just not enough help without the older Hoerman boy. Cedar park should have no problem with finding a mismatch for their qb. Curious as to why they cancelled the Coolidge game? Did cedar park find another team to play or are they taking 2 weeks off?

I guess I need to make sure I heard you correctly the first time. Did I hear you say ‘best team in the state, not just in TAPPS’? So you are saying Baytown can beat anyone in the state? They are the best team out of all the private and public schools in this great state?

Patienly waiting for your answer......

Mrcacalaca":3gpbkdeh said:
I guess I need to make sure I heard you correctly the first time. Did I hear you say ‘best team in the state, not just in TAPPS’? So you are saying Baytown can beat anyone in the state? They are the best team out of all the private and public schools in this great state?

Patienly waiting for your answer......

Well, who knows if Baytown is the best in the State or not. Here's what we know for sure: they are playing with great confidence; the offense is scoring at will against all levels of competition (scoring 50+ points per game against all Divisions); Defense is very dominant and smothering; the team is healthy and hungry!

So yes, in my opinion they are the #1 six-man team in TX! But, that's just my opinion, LOL. But it would be fun to watch.

WarEagle":21jz4jur said:
As they should.

Agree but not that high. That’s why I don’t get this system. How did they go from like ranked 4-5 in division 3 to the highest ranked team in TAPPS? Even over Dallas Lutheran. Just does not make any sense. Maybe jump to #1 in D3 but not overall.

That team really looks good though. I was at the game Friday. They are fast and like like to hit. I was very impressed last week. They should have a good season.

It doesn't look like Baytown will receive a serious test again until the playoffs. Heck, may not see another 4Q game until the playoffs.

Any word on what the brackets will look like this year???
Will it be North-South again?

test_em":2mg7p0xd said:
Has Weatherford had a tough schedule this year? They look to be cruising along the year?

Hard to tell. Looking at the schedule it looks like they have played 3 TCAF teams. I know Wylie prep has a very solid team and they 45'd them. They beat a NCTA team that is down this year. Looks as if they will not have a solid test until playoff time as their district is large but not very strong.

New Rankings:

TAPPS - All Divisions Combined...

Rank School DIV Rating
1 Baytown Christian 3 428.52
2 Watauga Harvest 2 426.74
3 Bulverde Bracken Christian 2 411.58
4 Dallas Lutheran 1 408.40
5 Weatherford Christian 3 407.73
6 Austin Veritas 1 404.80
7 New Braunfels Christian 2 403.41
8 Fredericksburg Heritage 3 392.77
9 Cedar Park Summit 3 389.88
10 Houston Emery-Weiner 1 379.75

Old76er":3amfk69f said:
test_em":3amfk69f said:
Has Weatherford had a tough schedule this year? They look to be cruising along the year?

Hard to tell. Looking at the schedule it looks like they have played 3 TCAF teams. I know Wylie prep has a very solid team and they 45'd them. They beat a NCTA team that is down this year. Looks as if they will not have a solid test until playoff time as their district is large but not very strong.

They have Longview Trinity on Oct. 12. That should be for the district title and a win will do much to legitimize either as a contender.

Well i watched some clips of the Veritas / Baytown game. I will agree Baytown looks fast and athletic. However, I dont think they can hang with the Lions. As for the above rankings we will just have to wait and see. I would bet DLS could 45 a few of the teams above us at this point. I wish we could play !!

Lionsbacker":71l16jz2 said:
Well i watched some clips of the Veritas / Baytown game. I will agree Baytown looks fast and athletic. However, I dont think they can hang with the Lions. As for the above rankings we will just have to wait and see. I would bet DLS could 45 a few of the teams above us at this point. I wish we could play !!

I bet Baytown would accept a invitation to play Dallas Luthern but Lutheran would have to travel. BCA has racked up some miles to go play teams. Stephenville, Zephyr, Austin. Lol, whew.

Back