Baytown Christian vs. Austin Veritas

BCA 53 Veritas 28 Final

Heck of a game. BCA offense was the real deal tonight for sure. Defense gave up three scores to start the game but made adjustments and shut Veritas down. People need to step back and and start believing the hype!!!

Wow! What a game! Hats off to Veritas, that is a great team. They took it to BCA for most of the first half.

Great atmosphere as well. The band added a playoff feel to the whole game.

BCA looks like they just had the better stamina. Unless a D3 team has the numbers I see few hanging with BCA.

I expect Veritas to be a state finalist.

BCA 53
VERITAS 28

test_em":3j850v5l said:
BCA 53 Veritas 28 Final

Heck of a game. BCA offense was the real deal tonight for sure. Defense gave up three scores to start the game but made adjustments and shut Veritas down. People need to step back and and start believing the hype!!!

Veritas had their all state running back and their all state linebacker/ Tight End out with injuries...but I think that maybe represents a score or two. Baytown is big, physical and fast across the board. It’s their championship to lose.

Credit where credit is due. I did not see this coming. Think those players were said to have been hurt in a scrimmage so they have been without them. Fairly convincing win for that program regardless. I would be very surprised to not see them deep in the playoffs.

Hats off to BCA for good sportsmanship at the end of the game. With the ball on the Defenders' 3yd, the Bulldogs took a knee after a lengthy drive to end the game.

After seeing just how focused and athletic that BCA is, I knew Veritas was going to have to be maybe the best team in sixman to fill that ridiculous spread.

wow! just wow! if you ever wanted to watch an exciting 6 man football game last night was it. I'm not sure who the point spread guy is but he was wayyyy off. If you don't know now you do, that Baytown team is impressive. what started as a good old fashioned shoot out turned into an amazing adjustment by Baytown's defense and their high powered offense is fun to watch. To take a state championship program such as Veritas and shut them down for literally 3 quarters and tactfully continue to score at will makes Baytown the best 6 man football team in the state overall not just TAPPS.
For Veritas, great history, great program but just looking and watching last night #12 qb is a great passer but not being mobile hurts the attack. I'd make sure hes not just out there to stay upright and rack up stats.

While Cedar Park Summit will take notice of the call out from "Dirty Bay Bulldog" and always respects it's opponent. That said I wouldn't underestimate the Eagles..

War Eagle!!

WarEagle":2u6ev0i2 said:
While Cedar Park Summit will take notice of the call out from "Dirty Bay Bulldog" and always respects it's opponent. That said I wouldn't underestimate the Eagles..

War Eagle!!

No disrespect to cedar park but they are no Veritas. Maybe they will avoid the matchup. Not sure how the playoff bracket plays out for tapps this year. I don’t think they release them for a few more weeks. I would not want to clash with baytown right now.

WarEagle":s5bd4r9i said:

War Eagle!!

Underestimate? No

I hope BCA and and Summit matchup in the playoffs. Should be entertaining.

That’s a bold statement 4-2. Sounds like you haven’t seen any other ‘good’ teams play around the state. Sounds like Veritas is down this year, you beat them, and that makes Baytown the best in the state? Keep dreaming.

Mrcacalaca":1uaig7li said:
That’s a bold statement 4-2. Sounds like you haven’t seen any other ‘good’ teams play around the state. Sounds like Veritas is down this year, you beat them, and that makes Baytown the best in the state? Keep dreaming.

There's the excuse we've been waiting for. Hear that Dallas Lutheran? Last year you beat a "down Veritas" team.

Pfttttt

We all know BC is a great program and would give any team all they can handle, that said all I am saying is that there is a lot of season yet to be played and to call out a team and just assume they aren't a formidable foe when you know very little if anything about this years team is not wise. So come on out October 19th when we play a really good opponent in Heritage Christian and I'll save you a seat..

-War Eagle

Being a Dallas Lutheran dad i feel i need to chime in... no disrespect to Baytown but...lets do a little math:
If A=B, and B=C, then A=C..right?

Veritas 28 NBC 42
Veritas 42 SAL 22

DLS 53 NBC 28 - coach played fresh and soph in 2nd half and Issiah had stomach bug
DLS 72 SAL 22 - Coach played fresh and soph after 1st quarter

Could DLS beat Veritas right now..yes

Lucas 69 Wylie Prep 72 - DLS defense and offense was dominant over Wylie in our scrimmage
Lucas 52 Amarillo 44 - enough said

The only TAPPS team I think can stay with DLS is maybe Wautaga ( we won the scrimmage of first team), wildcards are Giddings and Gainsville teams. They look raw but talented. The only team that can stop DLS this year is DLS with our own mistakes. Outside of playing Union Hill, the first team scores EVERY series and the defense is becoming dominant. Also I would never count Veritas out, utmost respect for the coach, kids, and the program.
On another note, Coach Shup is doing and amazing job not only getting our starters ready for playoffs but grooming the younger players for next year, we have 7 seniors but lots of young talent he is getting reps. We have lost power points for not blowing teams out by half, but experience for these young players will pay dividends next year. One player to watch for Alex Hess is having an amazing year on offense as quarterback and defense too. He deserves a look for all state honors. He gets overlooked because Issiah is so dominant. Issiah is not having the amazing stats so far, because he is not playing every down and is very unselfish with the ball. Friday night I watched him pull up and throw 2 times when he could have easily run it in. Make no mistake this team is better than last year, and we are reloading!

Lots of respect to Baytown but the film I have seen does not make me think they could stay with the Lions.

Mrcacalaca said:

Mrcaca the bold statement wasn't because Baytown beat Veritas, its based on what they've done this whole season so far, name ur team and I'd make another bold statement that whoever it is the dream world you live in would become a rude awakening if they had to play Baytown.

Back