Baytown Christian vs. Austin Veritas

I have seen Baytown play this year but I have not seen Lutheran play. I would bet that Baytown would definitely hang with Lutheran and more than likely leave with the victory in my opinion.

Please I am not disrespecting Baytown, just the opposite. I was impressed!!

My point is you have the TAPPS leading running back on DLS that nobody has stopped in 2 years. He was involved in 9 <---(thats not a typo) touchdowns by halftime last week. We 45'd Wautuga last year in the playoffs and we beat NBC and NBC beat Veritas. DLS has more scoring options this year and we only graduated 3 kids from last year. Also our fist team did real well against Wautaga in a scrimmage this year. No disrespect to them they have a small team that most kids play both ways and they are good.

Please go to Hudl or Maxpreps and find Issiah Sampson highlights and tell me Baytown has a player that is that dominant. I didnt see it in the clips I found.

One thing we found out is that most TAPPS team ( non district) dont want to play us. So we scheduled some UIL Div 1 teams. Union Hill was in the rain, on their turf, and Issiah was sick. I think we would have beaten Coolidge. They are big but not as quick as DLS.

I just dont think it is fair that just because we are playing some young guys our power points go down, We stayed the same after last weeks blow out of Denton (again 9 touchdowns by half). Denton is not a bad team they have some athletes.

I have seen some Baytown film, Veritas too, and Wautage we know first hand. How they can be ranked above us is a mystery.

Either way, its fun to talk about so lets keep the dialog going.

Go Lions

Dirty Dog,

No offense but I know we are full up on travel. We have been to San Antonio, East Texas, and still have to go to Amarillo! UUGGHH.

Good luck to yall!

I am obviously biased toward SCA with my boys there, but I gotta say I think we will be seeing a lot of good football from a lot of teams over the next couple of months that will create a lot of excitement around Texas.

Good luck to all.

-War Eagle

Not sure how he scored 9 TD when you had a bye week last week and Lutheran only scored 52 against Denton the week before.

If you are looking for 1 stand out player on Baytown’s team you probable won’t. They have 5 players that can beat you at any time on offense.

Also on the defensive side of the ball the have given up 35 pts in 5 games in which 28 were given up to Veritas. They have a defense that flys to the ball and they are very good against the run.

Hope you guys fare well for the rest of the season. Good luck!

Last week we played Denton see below -- it was 8 my bad! I counted one of Denton by mistake.

SCORING PLAYS
Team Quarter Time Scoring Play DAL DEN
Dallas Lutheran School
1 10:00 #7 Isaiah Sampson runs for 50 yards. Touchdown! (Point after kick by #24 Alex Hess no good)
6 0
Dallas Lutheran School
1 08:39 #7 Isaiah Sampson pass complete to #20 Cody Cronnin for 26 yards. Touchdown! (Point after kick by #24 Alex Hess blocked)
12 0
Dallas Lutheran School
1 04:13 #7 Isaiah Sampson runs for 3 yards. Touchdown! (Point after kick by #24 Alex Hess no good)
18 0
Dallas Lutheran School
1 01:06 #7 Isaiah Sampson pass complete to #24 Alex Hess for 36 yards. Touchdown! (Point after kick by #24 Alex Hess no good)
24 0
Denton Calvary Academy
2 07:32 <No Player Name> pass complete to <No Player Name> for 24 yards. Touchdown! (Point after kick by <No Player Name> no good)
24 6
Dallas Lutheran School
2 06:34 #7 Isaiah Sampson runs for 3 yards. Touchdown! (Two point conversion pass by #7 Isaiah Sampson to #80 Tyler Hua good)
31 6
Dallas Lutheran School
2 02:48 #7 Isaiah Sampson runs for 65 yards. Touchdown! (Point after kick by #24 Alex Hess good)
39 6
Dallas Lutheran School
2 00:22 #7 Isaiah Sampson pass complete to #3 Luc Payseur for 47 yards. Touchdown! (Two point conversion pass by #7 Isaiah Sampson to #35 Sam Chapman good)
46 6
Dallas Lutheran School
2 00:10 #7 Isaiah Sampson runs for 31 yards. Touchdown! (Point after kick by #24 Alex Hess no good)
52 6

Lionsbacker":3ks0k17h said:
Good luck to you Baytown too. I see you have a very good team!
I talked to the Veritas Head coach and he said that Baytown was the best team he’d seen since Dallas Lutherans team last year. (Veritas has 3 starters out with sickness during New Braunfels game). It would be a blast to see the two teams play! Wish Baytown was in ya’lls division.

As 6Man fans we all want to see the top teams play. The Veritas matchup was exciting. I've heard the HC for BCA say they want to play the top teams. I agree, good comes from playing top competition.
I still say it will be Veritas and Lutheran are my division 2 picks. With Vanguard and Emory running 3/4

DirtyBayBulldog":3i2jm2wf said:
As 6Man fans we all want to see the top teams play. The Veritas matchup was exciting. I've heard the HC for BCA say they want to play the top teams. I agree, good comes from playing top competition.
I still say it will be Veritas and Lutheran are my division 2 picks. With Vanguard and Emory running 3/4

With the Emery loss to Giddings where does that leave us in D2? Is Giddings the surprise team?

Old76er":1w60y9ii said:
DirtyBayBulldog":1w60y9ii said:

With the Emery loss to Giddings where does that leave us in D2? Is Giddings the surprise team?
I’ve seen film on Emery and they’re good! I was surprised Giddings beat them. Either Emery has some injuries or Giddings is just that good!

A defense with speed across the board hinders Emory potent offense. Guys that can cover their routes and close the gaps when they run the ball. Only thing I can think of that Giddings did. Haven't seen any film on Giddings and given "who" Giddings is, I suppose we combine fans wont unless live or opposing team media

I'm rooting for those Giddings and Gainsville kids!

Back