Favorite Guitarists

I just sifted through 4 pages of guitarist talk and saw nothing of the greatest rhythm/lead combo of all time, and possibly individually the greatest lead player and greatest rhythm player:<P>Kirk Hammett and James Hetfield<P>Any rock guitarist who has picked up an axe in the past 20 years who says they weren't influenced by these guys is a liar.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Devil ex machina:<BR><STRONG>Brad Delson from Linkin Park is the best ever.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>He's not as good as Kirk Tatom from Deep Blue Something or whoever plays guitar for Ace of Bass.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sonny-Boy:<BR><STRONG>He's not as good as Kirk Tatom from Deep Blue Something or whoever plays guitar for Ace of Bass.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Touche.

Greatest rythm/lead combos:<P>Malcolm and Angus Young- AC/DC<P>Izzy Stradlin and Slash- Guns n Roses<P>Ronnie Wood and Keith Richards- Rolling Stones<P>James Hetfield and Kirk Hammet- Metallica

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR> just sifted through 4 pages of guitarist talk and saw nothing of the greatest rhythm/lead combo of all time, and possibly individually the greatest lead player and greatest rhythm player:<P>Kirk Hammett and James Hetfield <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>yeah I did...like on the very first or second page. I think I just refered to them as Kirk and James though.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TexasConfederate:<BR><STRONG>Greatest rythm/lead combos:<P>Malcolm and Angus Young- AC/DC<P>Izzy Stradlin and Slash- Guns n Roses<P>Ronnie Wood and Keith Richards- Rolling Stones<P>James Hetfield and Kirk Hammet- Metallica</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Agreed.<P>On a side note, Chinese Democracy's new rumored release date is Nov. 21, 2006.

Anyone notice how little post-1990 bands have guitarists listed on this thread? Seems like the art of blues/shred guitar kinda fell by the wayside with Nirvana.<P>Nirvana does s u c k, by the way.

Yeah there werent/arent a whole lot of show off bands after the whole nineties implosion. <P>Theres still some pretty good Metal players out there( The dude from Children of Bodom, guy from Lamb of God...blah..blah...blah) But there just arent any real blow you of the map ROCK guitar players. Who is going to be our generations Slash??? Attitude and chops. <P>And i swear everything EMO must die! I got ****ered into playing a show with quite possibly the most insecure bunch of whiners I have ever seen. I wanted to go buy the singer a medium sized shirt instead of the childrens x-small he was wearing, and force feed the anorexic punk a sandwich. Why sing???? that requires talent I think ill yell the entire time instead.<P>Im anxious to hear Jets new album, Hinder is pretty good they seem to play around here once a month so ive seen them a couple of times. And Breaking Benjamin and Evans Blue are playing Grahams here in Waco Friday, should be good. But im definately not going to be seing any 10 minute drum solos outta those guys. <P>I was born in the wrong decade.

I've said it before and I'll say it again since their new CD is out....TRIVIUM!! I'm serious guys, they don't scream AT All anymore, the guitar solos are out of this friggin world (and that's coming from a guy who loves shred) and they acutally sound like a mix of Old School Metallica, Iron Madien and Judas Preist. "The Anthem" is probably their most commerical song right now though...but any fan of metal should get their new one...The Cursade.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TexasConfederate:<BR><STRONG>Kinman---have you heard any songs from Chinese Democracy yet? I heard through the grapevine that the ones that have leaked are pretty good.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I've heard the ones they performed live in 2002 (and again in 2006) (The Blues, Madagascar, Chinese Democracy, Riyadh and the Bedouins, Silkworms (****S)) and the leaks (Catcher in the Rye, There Was A Time, IRS and Better). I have them all on CD. I can put them online and send you a link to download them if you want.

Mastered version of BETTER is in a Harley Davidson commercial.<BR> <A>Commercial </A><p>[ October 20, 2006: Message edited by: Kinman's 'PUT OUT THE FIRE' Charity ]

Only Englesh is temperary<P>Hale if yal ever want to get a show in the Waco area hit me up man, I checked out yals new stuff, really liked it. It would be cool to do a show with yal.

You guys are forgetting two country pickers that I would put up against most of all these rock guys;<BR>Vince Gill and Brad Paisley. Those boys can play just about anything they want.

I don't play guitar, so I can't comment on his technical proficiency, but I like Tom Morello. He's always been politically involved, and I think his music, now, might be the most political of any band in the last 15 years...

Rock N Roll+Politics=BORING.<P>Be it Eddie Vedder, Tom Morello, or Toby Keith, I wish they would all just shut up and stop making horses rear-ends out of themselves. <P>MATT!!! Would love to play some shows with yall in Waco, let me know when and where and we're there!

Back