Favorite Guitarists

I now have higher quality versions of all those demos I sent you, plus Catcher in the Rye is now full length, if you want them, of course.

I read all about the axl rose conspiracy to reunite Guns but steal more rights to songs etc. in the british publication "Classic Rock". Simply the best rock and roll magazine on earth right now. Check it out.<P>BTW- Rap music has been going downhill ever since Biggie and Tupac died. Thats no cliche, people, thats the honest truth. "Shake that Laffy Taffy"--wow, true talent...coughing up blood and vomit...

Yeah, Axl *SUPPOSEDLY* made a contract that if Duff, Slash and Matt Sorum signed, they'd get millions to reunite for two shows, but in the fine print, it said it'd give all rights to Appetite For Destruction to Axl.<P>The Rock In Rio site is saying Slash will possibly join the band, but on Indie 103.1 with Matt Sorum, Slash said he's not in Guns N' Roses/won't be in the near future and is still in Velvet Revolver.<P>Izzy Stradlin, the original rhythm guitarist 1985-1991, went on stage with Guns N' Roses for three songs at their last NY show last night. Sebastian Bach sang with the band on My Michelle for all four concerts and Kid Rock showed up for Nightrain last night. Bumblefoot is the new guitarist for Guns N' Roses.

Born in New York City, NY, Ron Thal, now known as Bumblefoot is a virtuoso guitarist and a composer. Noted for fusion and downright wackiness, he has been called a heavy metal version of Frank Zappa. He is known not only as a musician, having also produced albums for many artists of different musical genres.<P>Bumblefoot says that the first five KISS albums, the Manowar album Battle Hymns, and any of The Beatles' albums had the greatest impact on him when he was younger.<P>Bumblefoot's first major recording was a track on Shrapnel Records' compilation CD "Ominous Guitarists From the Unknown" in 1992, where he did a guitar version of Chopin's Fantasie Impromptu. He released two more CDs on the Shrapnel label. First was the mostly instrumental album The Adventures of Bumblefoot, where he displayed his eclectic style of rhythms and soloing. His second CD was completely different than the first, more lyrically focused and influenced by grunge, but still with guitar solos. After two albums with Shrapnel, Ron Thal adopted the name Bumblefoot and started his own production company Hermit Inc on which he released three musically diverse CDs -- Hands, Uncool (2 versions) and 9-11. He also released a compilation album with cuts that didn't make it onto the previous albums for various reasons. He continues to record solo albums, but spends more time producing for other artists as well as raising money for multiple sclerosis research.<P>Well Bumblefoot's not as weird as Buckethead. And I suppose Axl's getting these guys because they're good.

He is pretty good. <P>Buckethead is better than Slash, but not very emotional. I've been watching/listening to some of the 2002 concerts and Buckethead is very good.

Buckethead over SLASH?? Blashpamy(sp.)...now I agree that Shread guitarists are probably the most talented...but ya got to love the bluesy way of Slash, and unless they have totally changed the songs..I can't see any shread guitarist being able to play songs like November Rain or Sweet Child O' Mine...

They pull off November Rain very good. Ron Thal does the last solo and it's different than Slash's, but it's still very good. And like I said about Buckethead, better, but not as much emotion as Slash to pull it off exactly the same.

But can he out drink Slash????? Id like to see Bucketface drink a bottle of Jack and rock some My Michelle.....not gonna happen. <P>I bet he could out KFC Slash though, he has to get all of those d@mn buckets somewhere

I bet if I wrote a book about Robert Langdon outdrinking Slash you would believe it!!!!!!! <P>Im just givin you a hard time I went and saw the movie and I thought it was pretty good. I watched the show on the History channel before I saw the movie though so any chance of it turning me into a Aethistic zombie was pretty much out of the question. <P>But back to favorite guitarists with actual real names, not no bumblefoot or buckethead........ I dont know how many RATT fans we have out there but George Lynch could be my lead guitar player any day he can fre@king rip

I wasnt talking about you I was talking about everyone who believes that if they see the movie there committing a sin<P><BR>Has anyone else heard about the new Rock Star that is fixing to come on T.V.<P>I heard it is supposed to be Gilby Clark( of course guitars), Tommy Lee, and Jason Newsted!!! <P>I think they are calling themselves Supernova, If they get the right singer this could be a kick-@ss supergroup

I missed something...What movie are we talking about.<P>I heard about the Supernova Rock Star back in February...Finally saw a commercial last night.

Back