Favorite Guitarists

I've thought about going to see it, but I have no desire to see it. :)<p>[ June 07, 2006: Message edited by: Kinman's 'PUT OUT THE FIRE' Charity ]

Hey Kinman, givin' some love here...got to know yer hair-metal history. Try Warren De Martini and Robbin Crosby in Ratt (Crosby died of AIDS from too much groupie gropin' in 2004)as co-leads. George Lynch was lead and all else in Dokken, then solo when they jettisonned Don Dokken. BTW, Jeff Pilson was the bass player in Dokken and made an appearance as a member of Steel Dragon in the movie "Rock Star", along with John Bonham Jr on drums and Zakk Wylde on git; also FYI the the original songs from the flick (indeed sung by Mark Walhberg) were written by Trevor Rabin of various forms of Yes and Asia - he's a great producer too, as well as a talented git boy in his own right. <P>Anybody like Ryche & Roll? Before his departure, Chris DeGarmo was very tasty....<P>Just bangin' my head, still, stuck in the eighties when Metal was Metal.... :p

AH! too much hair metal! TOO MUCH HAIR METAL!! lol jk. it's all in the trash metal! btw...I'm seeing Anthrax on July 1st...X FEST BABY! lol yeah I'm a little excited.<p>[ June 18, 2006: Message edited by: Johnny Boy ]

Hair metal makes me smile.<P>Mick Mars is a handy dandy lead player, and a really sharp rythm man. Not bad for pulling duel duties in Motley Crue.<P>Im seeing Poison/Cinderella/Endeverafter in July in San Antonio, just before we head back to Willie Nelson's studio to finish the album. :)<P>check out endeverafter, good new raaawk and roll, beats the **** out of Staind, Blue October, and all the other intospective depressing "rock" out there right now. <A>www.myspace.com/endeverafter</A> <P>Then Im seeing AEROSMITH/MOTLEY CRUE in San Antonio in November, day after Nate's birthday.<P>Its going to be a fantastic year.<P>[ June 21, 2006: Message edited by: TexasConfederate ]<p>[ June 21, 2006: Message edited by: TexasConfederate ]

I knew I liked you for some reason Johnny Boy! <P>Forgot to mention my favorite concert of the year... Def Leppard and Journey in San Antonio in July!!! WOOO HOOO Im GOIN BABY! <P>No F-F-F-FOOLIN either! Sorry...couldnt help it.

My favorites, without categorizing them, because I don't really think you can do that properly, are:<P>Stevie Ray Vaughn<BR>Eric Clapton<BR>Albert Collins<BR>Gary Moore<BR>Chet Atkins<BR>Brent Mason

Stevie Ray is my hero...lol god I wish I could have saw him play live. <P>Also...has anybody ever heard of Herman Li? from Dragon Force...he's amazing, more of a shred kind of thing though, but none the less great!

Dragonforce is the most insane thing Ive ever seen. I have to see that live. Have to.<P>After careful evaluation of technique, melodic sense, and the ever elusive "soul" element to playing, my favorite rock guitarist of all time is Slash, hands down.

Back