Favorite Movies

Mustang76

11-man fan
I love good movies. What's your favorite? I especially like John Wayne. "The Searchers", "The Quiet Man", and "The Sons of Katie Elder" are my favorites. I also like "The Magnificent Seven" and "The Great Escape". Steve McQueen is great.

True Grit, To kill a mockingbird, Lonesome Dove, Tombstone, Apocalypse now, Pulp Fiction, TO DA CHOPPER!!!!(predator)

Its been a while since ive seen a movie that really grabbed me, but I did like " The Departed"

Great taste, y'all. John Wayne for sure. The Searchers is my favorite, but I really like Rio Bravo (very dorky, but I can watch it everyday.)

Michael Mann movies (Heat, Collateral, and even Miami Vice)
Kill Bill
Starship Troopers (We watched it the day after we won the district title. Fond memories.)
Paths of Glory and any other war movie.
Any Frat Pack movie (Old School, Starsky and Hutch, Anchorman, etc.)
Sin City and I have extremely high hopes for 300.
m_3f3779e10a746635e5864c682f84407d.jpg

Giant and Gone With the Wind

Varisty Blues
Any Given Sunday
Scarface
Resovoir Dogs
Requim For A Dream
Storm Of The Century
Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back
Star Wars
The Post Man
Braveheart
any Arnold movies...Last Action Hero is probably the best

the list goes on and on........

I really want to see Pan's Labyrinth, but I have a feeling it's never going to be released in theatres in Odessa or Midland. :evil:

I'm going to have to say "Dances with Wolves" is one of the best movies I've seen. I honestly just saw that movie about a year or so ago, and thought it was a great movie. I'm also a big fan of most of Denzel Washington's movies. My favorites of his are probably, not in this order, "Inside Man", "John Q", and "Man on Fire".

Kinman says: Uh oh!":2fr6nvjc said:
I really want to see Pan's Labyrinth, but I have a feeling it's never going to be released in theatres in Odessa or Midland. :evil:

No joke! That's the one thing that I really miss about San Antonio. I want to see Pan's Labyrinth and Letters From Iwo Jima. Neither are in Midland/Odessa. We're seriously considering going up to Lubbock to see them. You could always see a lot of good small and indie films (and eat there ala Alamo Drafthouse) at the Bijou Theatre in the Crossroads mall.

What else do I miss about SA? Chris Madrid's, Texadelphia, Chachos, and Triology. I like food.

I hear Letters is phnomenal (from a source I respect). Finally saw Little Miss Sunshine this weekend and I haven't laughed out loud like I did in a long time. small child=zero movies in a long time.

Favorites of all time (I know I am missing something):
Caddyshack, Stripes
A River Runs Through It
Lonesome Dove (yes, a mini series)
The Last Picture Show
Hoosiers
The Godfather
Goodfellas
The Graduate

Obscure and underrated: Falcon and the Snowman, Koyaanisqatsi, Powaqqatsi

have a soft spot for: The Breakfast Club, Big Chill

I hate to admit it but I really liked Purple Rain (puts up flaming block)lol

But the best movie I've seen in a while was We Are Marshall....I have to say, that and Armageddon we're the only two movies to make me cry.

I was disappointed when I saw "We Are Marshall." I guess it was because the movie was so hyped that it couldn't possibly live up to it.

My favorite football movie is "Rudy", followed closely by "The Program."

Purple Rain....... Ha!.... Now cleanse yourself in the healing waters of Lake Minatonka, J/K Logan we both know that was a good movie

Back