Crowell Favorite to Win Title with 33.1% Win Probability

I use monte carlo simulations for retirement planning. Cool stuff. 40 years from now, I'll be able to tell you if they have been accurate or not. Thankfully, we won't have to wait that long to find out about yours. Pretty cool.

Shane":1homw7qs said:
I use monte carlo simulations for retirement planning. Cool stuff. 40 years from now, I'll be able to tell you if they have been accurate or not. Thankfully, we won't have to wait that long to find out about yours. Pretty cool.

Monte Carlo simulations are also used in predicting the behavior of nuclear cores....

Monte Carlo simulations are great. I have used them for everything from supply chain analysis to decision modeling for the FDA drug approval process... to baseball and six-man playoffs. As with anything, they are only as good as the inner logic. For this, the best method was to update the rankings after each round based on the results. Unfortunately, I didn't have the time to implement my entire ranking procedure internally, so I estimated it. I think it was a pretty good estimate. I will update these weekly

I also hope to have the D2 one up this afternoon....

Back