2018 D2 and D3 favorites

Old76er

Six-man fan
Just curious as to early favorites for D2 and D3 with what they have returning and with the new district set up. Who has a tough division etc..

D2
District 1
Watauga does not lose too many kids this year and NCTA has their spread back (Lawrence) returning. These 2 teams played last year right out of the gate with Watauga getting the easy win although NCTA went on to play in the state finals.

District 2
This should be an interesting district!
Bracken loses 5 but replaces them with 5 upcoming seniors. Nakalanga returns for guaranteed extra points and you might as well just plan on not returning a kickoff. Kid has a leg. He also played a big roll on defense for them as defensive end. Should be a tough squad again this year.
NBCA lose Flores and the #1 receiver in in D3 last year (Rudd). They usually put together a tough squad but not sure they can replace the talent they lost.
Live Oak will probably be the favorite for everyone as usual but I don't think they can replace Chase Hill.
They have a load of kids on the sideline so i assume they will find a replacement.

District 3
Alpha Omega will be tough to beat this year but I think the favorite in this district has to be Lake Jackson.
Lake jackson returns most of their starters and key players from last year. Tyler Dodge will be a junior and probably the top spread back in D2. Lost a close one against Fredy last year in a game in which they lead for most of the game.
Conroe will be looking for someone to step up as they pretty much swept the house losing tons of seniors.

D3

District 1
This division could come down to Plainview and Wichita Christian. These 2 teams played a close one last year with plainview winning a close one 97-96. This year should come down to who plays defense.

District 2
8 teams in this district so this is a shot in the dark here.
I like Dallas Tyler coming out of this district followed by Greenville and Longview.
Not sure on who they have returning. I couldnt find a roster listed.

District 3
This could have been an even more competitive district if Seguin would have hung around.
Fredy will be the favorite as the hoerman brothers return. They lose a huge target in the middle as their center was a senior.
SMHC will be tough as usual. Flack returns and they only lose 2 seniors. Had a competitive squad last year losing a close one to Fredy in the quarter finals.

District 4
Baytown will be the favorite to win this district. They lose 3 seniors with one being the QB. Had a tough game against Seguin in the semifinals to end their year as Seguin went on to win state.
I could not find any info on St Francis so I assume they are a new school or dropped down from 11 man. This could make things interesting and could be the dark horse.

In D3 District 2 there our only 7 teams.

Longview Trinity
Greenville Christian
Dallas Tyler Street
Weatherford Christian
Irving Faustina
Tyler East Texas Christian
Dallas Fairhill

I think this will be one the most interesting districts in TAPPS 6 Man. Five out of the seven were playoffs teams last year:

Fairhill (First Round)
Greenville (First Round)
Tyler Street (Regionals)
Weatherford Christian (Semifinals)
Longview Trinity (First Round)

It's going to be a tough district to predict;

- Greenville has three returning all district players coming back, so they might be the favorite
-Trinity has some size coming back with two lineman that were All District
-Tyler Steet always seems to have talent
-Weatherford has their QB coming back who was 2nd team All District

Any one of these teams could win it, but I wouldn't sleep on Faustina, they had a young team last year, and have a lot coming back.

Div 2 I think is Live Oaks too lose
Div 3 is Freddy’s to lose with some competition from San Marcos. Both teams played D 2 last year. Freddy has everyone coming back they will be tough to beat in D1 or D 2 but D3 will be a cake walk.

I don’t necessarily think D3 is Fredy’s. The Hoerman boys are great athletes but everything runs through the older one. He takes alot of pounding and it showed as the season went on last year. That is one tough young man. They have several key positions to fill so just have to see who steps up and fills those voids. Their center was a key part in their offense last year and he will be hard to replace.
I think San Marcos will be in great shape and could look to take On Fredy and win that district. They did not lose too much and they usually have a few transfers to strengthen their squad.
Baytown had a decent run last year making it to the semis but looking back at their schedule they had Several games they lost pretty bad. I did hear they were banged up all year and they had the lead on seguin in the 1st quarter before their qb went out. They always field a competitive squad.

Vincent J. Davis":2xg6czvt said:
I have Dallas Tyler Street winning it all next season

Im not sur Dallas Tyler has enough to even win their district. Greenville and Weatherford may have somethings say about that. They have some solid talent returning. Should be interesting to see how this district plays out.

Wondering if we see any movement in who you guy see as the favorites in these 2 divisions. After a week of scrimmaging and school cranking back up we should have a good idea of what to expect. Any surprise teams other than War Eagle and Cedar Park? Anyone seen Live Oak, NBCA, Bracken, Alpha, Brazosport, SMHC, Heritage, Baytown, St Francis?

Back