Emery vs. Veritas

One thing I learned from watching Baytown play Emory is you have to bring speed at their QB. Don't worry about him burning you for doing that. You have to force their offense.

Also, another genius thing I saw Baytown do was have their defense moving around up until the snap. The Emory Coordinator reads defense and calls the play according to how you line up. Simple 11 man says you mask your defense. Same can be said for 6man. Take away the deep throw. Force short passes and male a tackle.

Baytown, First Baptist, and Emory are system teams. Baytown lined up and ran the ball 9/10 place with sweeps being key, 1st Baptist lined up in I form and hit you with traps and dives, and Emory is inside run and deep post/go routes.

SicEm74":3i7w3wdn said:
One thing I learned from watching Baytown play Emory is you have to bring speed at their QB. Don't worry about him burning you for doing that. You have to force their offense.

Also, another genius thing I saw Baytown do was have their defense moving around up until the snap. The Emory Coordinator reads defense and calls the play according to how you line up. Simple 11 man says you mask your defense. Same can be said for 6man. Take away the deep throw. Force short passes and male a tackle.

Baytown, First Baptist, and Emory are system teams. Baytown lined up and ran the ball 9/10 place with sweeps being key, 1st Baptist lined up in I form and hit you with traps and dives, and Emory is inside run and deep post/go routes.

#truth. You called it Sicem. Sweeps did it. Most exciting game I've ever been a part of.

One of the best games I have seen in quite some time. Plenty of momentum swings. Veritas was down for the first three quarters but hung tough. EW had several studs on offense and many played on defense as well. I think that the Veritas depth ultimately decided it.

Great game.!

Emery is a tough team to play. I watched them several times in the old district and twice this year. Their style of play is difficult to stop.

There goes my pick for the title. I had like Rockwall to have challenged them but I started to have reservations about that and then Vanguard really came on to challenge Emory for my pick.
Congratulations to Veritas for the win and congratulations to Emory on a productive season. Coach Adams will have a fresh wave of players prepared for a title run next year so I suggest Divison dont sleep on them next year.

Key series this game was the fumble by EW mid 3rd after Veritas shoved a running TD down their throat after being down 42-28 at the half. Veritas converted 14 pts to tie it mid 3rd and never looked back.
Great game!! Congrats to Veritas!

Back