DII Small School Playoff Predictions

NDknight04

11-man fan
First Round:

Weatherford Christian vs Dallas Tyler St.

Wichita Christian vs NCTA

Orange Community Christian vs Bellville Faith

Living Rock vs Seguin

Thoughts?

I don't really know much about the north schools, but Seguin will 45 living rock. Seguin is my pick to win the state championship. They are really good. Speed everywhere.

All the buzz seems to be about Seguin. Haven't seen them myself, but they seem like the smart money favorite to win it all. I'm wondering what Freddy fans think about it? Also, no one has really been hyping Baytown. Could they cruise under the radar all the way to a state title?

In the North, I've only seen a little bit on Weatherford, Tyler St and a little more on NCTA and Wichita Christian. WFND dominated WC, but didn't have an answer for NCTAs #8. Not sure that WC will either. Maybe it will depend on the weather. Granbury didn't fare so well in the wet & cold in last year's semis.

Tyler St and Weatherdford seems like a toss up. Although I'm not sure that either team would fare well against the rest of the bracket. Let's just say Weatherford wins.

I think Seguin is the favorite and I think Freddy would love nothing better than spoil that crowning. If you have not seen Baytown play I would tell you that they have a chance. It might be slim in public opinion. I have not thought in recent years they have would have been district champs. Now they have won three in a row. In that run there district included. Alpha, 1st Baptist, Emery, Katy faithwest and Logos Prep. I Researched they not lost a district game in 3 years. I think it comes down to in this order Seguin, Baytown and Freddy. The good thing is the state championship is won on the field not by the electoral college.

Well said Cougar!

I like Tyler St and NCTA in the North. Bellville and Seguin in the South.

Hopefully my boys take care of business the following week and get a rematch with NCTA in the semis. Between Whitten & #8 for NCTA we're sure to get a show worthy of Thanksgiving football. Can't go counting those turkey eggs...err chicken eggs...early though. Lot of football to play between now and then. Can't wait! Good luck and God bless to all the post season teams chasing their dreams!

NDknight04":1kjevl1g said:
Well said Cougar!

I like Tyler St and NCTA in the North. Bellville and Seguin in the South.

Hopefully my boys take care of business the following week and get a rematch with NCTA in the semis. Between Whitten & #8 for NCTA we're sure to get a show worthy of Thanksgiving football. Can't go counting those turkey eggs...err chicken eggs...early though. Lot of football to play between now and then. Can't wait! Good luck and God bless to all the post season teams chasing their dreams!

Bellville????? What???
They forfeited several games this year because they didn't have enough kids to compete.
They were not even sure they were goin to play the playoffs.
I don't even see them getting past orange.

NCTA up north

Seguin
Baytown
Freddy
Down south

Here are my thoughts.. I haven't been able to see any team this year live, except for Waco Vanguard which is a DI school. Being so removed from the actual football that has been played, it's hard for me to say exactly what team I think is the best. All I have to go off of are the stats, which as many of us know aren't everything. You can't solely base who is going to win off of points, and you know why? Well, I know that many southern teams will put in their young guys against the teams that normally would get 45ed in the first quarter if such a thing existed. So I know a lot of times for the southern end that you have to look at points for each game with a grain of salt, because a lot of times people see that a puffball team put up 16-20ish points on let's say seguin or some other south team, and so they think that their defense is suspect. Again points aren't the whole story to each game.
Another thing to watch out for is the hype train. Sometime the hype is a lot of hearsay, or it's someone who goes to a game that probably isn't the most qualified to say what a great football team looks like, and then hyped them up on the boards to be "the greatest team to have ever existed" (I'm not saying that this has happened this year btw).
So with that being said, I do believe that seguin is legit. I do believe that Baytown is legit. But have I seen either of them play? No, I haven't- but their records do seemingly back up claims that have been made. So does anyone want to direct me to some film I can watch besides 6 second clips of a play that provides zero insight to what a team looks like?

LIfegate is better than Baytown by about 20-30 points only reason why I say that is because I have seen both play. But you still have to play the game. We will see.

Wildcat16":2mn6o58e said:
LIfegate is better than Baytown by about 20-30 points only reason why I say that is because I have seen both play. But you still have to play the game. We will see.

Which games did you see each team play? I saw the conroe vs baytown game and seguin vs San Marcos game.
Big difference when you see these 2 teams live.
I think seguins better with technique and fundamentals, but think Baytowns speed and athleticism would be a slight advantage. They are quick

I guess wildcat when your team gets beat 80 to 30. They have to be the best team ever. I guess when NBCA gets beat in the TAPPS playoffs you will say that team will will the Super Bowl in the next 4 years. Give me a break. Freddy and Baytown might have something to say about your crowning. Go cast your vote for Hillary today.

I too have seen both Baytown and Seguin play. Strength of opponent topic comes up again for Seguin but both teams have been ranked 1 and 2 all season. Seguin is pretty predictable with #18 but Baytown has several athletes which makes them hard to focus on who to stop.

Wildcat16":1fd8zxlr said:

Now I get it... didn't even bother to see who the poster was. Your a new Braunfels fan. Well your team has done really well this year until the faced seguin. They have had an easy schedule besides hill country which they barely beat. Seguins no joke for sure but 20-30 points better than baytowns a bold statement. I think maybe you have seen film and not a live game. They are no joke and handled a very physical Conroe team with no problem. I hate to say it but new Braunfels will find out right out of the gate when they face Conroe. I got conroe by 20. Good luck to both teams
I see Seguin and baytown being evenly matched and 7 points one way or the other if they play.

Cougar1414":3l40hr7d said:
I guess wildcat when your team gets beat 80 to 30. They have to be the best team ever. I guess when NBCA gets beat in the TAPPS playoffs you will say that team will will the Super Bowl in the next 4 years. Give me a break. Freddy and Baytown might have something to say about your crowning. Go cast your vote for Hillary today.

You are piece of work...that's for sure cougar. Don't get butt hurt because I have an opinion that does not line up with yours. Freddy will meet Baytown first, and we will see what happens. I think Seguin is better than Baytown in no way did I attack you, yet you resort to that. Oh fyi, I am a deplorable.

Back