Covington vs. Blum

Centex12

11-man fan
This week the greatly improved Covington Owls travel to take on Blum. I don't have a dog in this fight, just curious on everyone's thoughts for this game. Is the 7-0 record for the Owls legit? I just might have to take a trip to Hill County to see this one.

Turnovers killed Abbott last week against Covington. Not taking anything from Covington they’re much improved! It is now Coach Steele’s blood coming through the program, and I’d say he’s having success all the way around. More kids involved in the athletic program than SEVERAL SEVERAL years AT GOOD ol’ covington USA. Once a coach has been at a program for three years, it’s now his program! You should see much improvement in year three. If not the school district should go in another direction. To many kids are getting lied to through a false Athletic program. I say the same thing about coaches, to many coaches are getting lied to about thinking they’re good coaches when in reality they’re only good people and not good coaches.. Some coaches are great guys and that’s just that. If the school leaders would only step up and be honest with the Coaches, we could maybe bring light to some of these coaches who just shouldn’t coach. Maybe save a family and bring success in another career field they never knew they would pursue.
Great Job Coach Steele and Coach Davis

Completely agree with your assessment of athletic programs. Get ready to be attacked by the experts on here though. Also glad to see Covington has improved so much. Never understood after Coach Strauch left how the program just fell off a cliff.

Centex12":28ypgmnx said:
This week the greatly improved Covington Owls travel to take on Blum. I don't have a dog in this fight, just curious on everyone's thoughts for this game. Is the 7-0 record for the Owls legit? I just might have to take a trip to Hill County to see this one.

Blum by 40 to 50

Covington's schedulee
One school at .500 (penelope) and the others have no more than 2 wins (abbott). I will agree, it's great scheduling to get the winning buzz around Covington. Maybe this next realignment we'll see Covington play the Mays, Gormans, Strawns, Calverts, Oakwoods, Milfords, Avalons of the East.
All lower d2 schools on this schedule and the only d1 NON district is Penelope.

1-5 Kopperl (d2)
1-5 Mt Calm (d2)
1-5 Oglesby (d2)
1-6 Morgan (d2)
1-6 Walnut Springs (d2)
3-3 Penelope (d1)
2-5 Abbott (d1)

Good luck to the Owls and I hope to see them in the playoffs

I've seen them both play. On sheer talent and tenacity, Blum has the edge. It could be a close game because of mistakes or penalties. I can't want to see the game tonight.

Back