Blum vs. Aquilla

Blum scores on first play of 2nd half after delay of game penalty. PAT is no good.
18-12 Blum, 9:50 3rd quarter.
(Interesting note: neither team has successfully converted a PAT)

HOLY CRAP! This is a heck of a game. 4th and 7, sweep right Bellinger hurdles about 5 feet in the air over 2 defenders for the first down. Blum scores 2 plays later and gets their first PAT as well.
26-20 Blum. 5:33 3rd quarter.

Aquilla comes down with big interception after turning ball over on downs possession before. They then score but fail 1-point conversion attempt to keep it a one possession game.
40-32 Aquilla. 4:13 or 4:18 4th quarter. Can’t tell lol

CleverUsername1":301gfs83 said:
Anyone got any predictions? Here is my slightly biased take on the game. They have common opponents in Abbott, Bynum, Covington and Avalon. Excluding Bynum since Aquilla won by forfeit, Blum is out scoring these opponents 202-78, while Aquilla is out scoring them 167-23. That equals to point differentials of +124 and +144, so pretty evenly matched. This doesn't tell the whole story though because Blum lost a key player in Dylan Vardeman halfway through the Abbott game and has been getting subs playtime throughout district. Last week against Avalon was the first game Blum has been completely healthy and has played full throttle with starters in the whole game, and it showed as they 45'd a team they were picked to only win by 26. Milford has already laid out the blueprint to beating Aquilla with speed, which Blum has plenty of with running back Logan Bellinger, who was a key member of Blum's state winning 4x400 relay team last year. Blum is somewhat small and lacks physicality on the O-line, but Bellinger excels at getting the edge, and once he's in the open you're going to have a hard time finding anyone in the state who can run him down. Blum is still young and inexperienced though, which can lead to breakdowns leading to lots of points given up defensively. Aquilla will be picked to win this game by the toy, but I think it will be a shootout with Blum coming out on top by a touchdown. Either way it'll be a great game though. Good luck to both teams!
I wouldn't say it was a shootout by six man standards, but I nailed the spread. This was the best game I've ever seen in person. No knocks on Aquilla. They played an incredible game and was 8 points ahead late in the game, but Blum never gave up and roared back to life, scoring the winning touchdown as time expired. But now I have severe hypertension premature balding lol!

Aquilla should have won that game. The refs did a terrible job in the 4th quarter. Blum couldn't have gotten much luckier with schedule. Aquilla would have 45d them in the first half any other week but we were missing 3 starters. The better team didn't win. Coach Ball, Coach Espinosa, Coach Notgrass and Coach Earl had a tough week trying to handle all the ridiculous b.s. that popped up this week. Blum will get drummed this coming week because they don't belong there anyway.

Back