congrats may

14-0 May Tigers....Going to State May Tigers....took care of their business to get to this point May Tigers....May has no control on how good other teams are they only have control of their destiny....you can make all the assumptions and you can make all the formulas you want...bottom line is this...one team from the East will play one team from the West....its not rocket science folks...you win your in! PERIOD! Congrats to Crowell and May for EARNING the right to play for State.

as for the ejections last night that was truly some poor officiating...sorry to have to say that.... however to think that May's ejected player wasnt a loss thats just insane.....#7 All Everything def end ..leading tackler...leading reciever... best run blocker and emotional leader of the team....thats a huge loss.....BUT!!!!!!!!! May is not a one man TEAM....#23 came in did an outstanding job....not to mention that the ejection seemed to put a fire under May who upto that point was not playing very good ball...May had three td called back....two drives stalled due to penalties.... Abbot played hard but had four turnovers....refs didnt fumble or throw picks.....game should not have been that close at all but like all year long May found a way to win...Good luck to Crowell and May this weekend enjoy every second of it....because most people talk about the if's the and's and the but's while a talented few play the game!

no doubt #7 was missed, and yes i thought #24 did an outstanding job. not ifs or buts, refs did affect the game no matter which side you sit on

TheDirtySouth":38zhcar8 said:
Monkeypalm":38zhcar8 said:
Always has to be one crybaby in the bunch. May had more bogus calls against them than About did by a long shot. Plus May had a player ejected as well. If you wanna say the officiating sucked, I'm right there with you on that one, but the rest of your rants just makes you look like a sore loser

nothing soar. Maybe a little cold. Who even got ejected from may? Sure wasn't one of their star players...
Abbott suffered and may benefited from that one call.

But #3 will be a senior next year. And come then not even a ref will stop him and his team...

really tho, good luck may. I'll be surprised if y'all even make it a game...
# 7 the leading tackler on May's Team thats who was ejected.

PopRay":2m7qb5do said:
Kid...hold on a minute son....your record is not always indicative of your teams ability and strength...look who they played....they even beat a a state qualifier 96-50....Abbott deserves a little more credit than you implied ... May beat a very fine team even if their record wasn't so good...

this is correct. i will say last year at abbotts loss to throck in state i posted no such thing. their team exemplified what it meant to be a state championship team. no taunting, no in your face. they won like a team that has been there before. cant say the same about may. next year lets hope may will get back to the playoffs so abbott can get their rematch and show 'em how to win with class and not like a little kid playing madden against their older brother. congrats on yalls state finals appearance.
hopefully your team got out all the showboating they wanted for the season. i dont see them running the same 2 plays to a W in dallas against the #1 team in the state.

and to any panthers reading this. yall fought until the end. even when theyre laughing and celebrating in your face. you faught. you never surrendered. you chose to die on your feet rather than on your knees.
may tigers can hopefully do the same so my ticket to the game wont be wasted....

Seriously did we see the same game. Yes #4 did taunt and in my opinion should have been flagged. But what about the end of that play with abbot slapping our kid on the head or when they shoved our kid. And most of all #3 tauntin may fans. Which im sure the coach did not see. I assure you our kids have not done that before and will not happen again. Fyi abbot asst coach is a may boy

And Abbott totally disrespecting the May school song was real classy too, just like it's real classy to jump immediately to the forums after losing and start making excuses, that takes lots of class ;-)

abbott did not intentionally disrespect the school song. everything was rushed because of the first game, the boys wet into the tunnel for their prayer and prep as always, they had no idea the announcer had done either school song, that was the announcers mix up, who does the school songs before the teams go to the sidelines. i don't support any taunting or bad sportsmanship on either side.

Well accident or not, what I'm saying is that set the tone for the entire game. I don't support any taunting or poor sportsmanship either, it takes away from the fact that two very talented teams went out there in freezing weather and fought it out to the end. Abbott put up a heck of a fight, and my hats off to the players for that, but I'm certainly not going to set back and let some disgruntled fan trash our boys either.

stating facts about specific plays is not trashing your boys, #4 did taunt, #7 did hit helmet to helmet on a player out of the play as the ball crossed the goal line, period. both are extremely talented young men, but in those moments they did things unsportsman like. cowboy p, i had no doubt sooner or later would end up in this discussion and slant it against abbott.

I'm not slanting anything against Abbott. All I'm saying is May won. Stop making excuses. Abbott will be tough enough next year to make another good playoff run.

Well...the first helmet to helmet came as a shock to everyone except the Abbott sideline and maybe some fans that saw it...it happened behind the play as May scored a TD...but the TD would have been called back anyway because on the line of scrimmage (or close to it) May's #44 was flagged for holding as well.

Abbott's helmet to helmet call happened in front of us and ya it was helmet to helmet, and maybe targeting...that's the key for why the ref ejected both players...they ruled targeting

While #7 for May being a starter on a 13-0 team is no question a key player, and many have said he is the best defensive player for May...#3 for Abbott can be considered their star player on both sides of the ball, I'd say no question Abbott suffered more for their missing player than May did.

I've seen far worse officiated games...this one almost went out of control but it didn't.

The stuff at the end can be chalked up to a player making a big play and getting really excited about going to state and being immature in that moment...and the Abbott player didn't like it...and who can blame him...but I am willing to bet many kids in either one of those two kids shoes would react similarly.

I think...and I was with a ref in the booth...that the main fault by the refs was enforcing the penalty yardage...I think on both helmet to helmets and the final taunting penalties,they marked them off wrong.

(it must have been hard radio to listen to because we didn't know what was going on or what was being called and the May coach in the booth was right next to us going bananas adding to the confusion)

Other than the 2 minutes of play time were kids were ejected and the last 18 secs worth of penalties (which didn't effect the outcome of the game) I didn't think anything else was that bad...I think they let a lot of holding go on for both teams. And in my opinion they didn't favor one team over the other...but the ejection of #3 did hurt Abbott more than May's ejection did.

If you want to argue about if either one of the helmet to helmets were "targeting"...you could argue that

Losers see things one way, while the winners see it totally different. It has been that way since the beginning of time and it certainly won't ever change. The only true way to see it the right way is to be a totally non-caring person who really doesn't care who wins, then you can go home and easily go to sleep.

Little Doc":pwnpqyrh said:
Losers see things one way, while the winners see it totally different. It has been that way since the beginning of time and it certainly won't ever change. The only true way to see it the right way is to be a totally non-caring person who really doesn't care who wins, then you can go home and easily go to sleep.
Sounds like Rainjack

There are still class act schools out there that have deep roots and may is one still standing ....congrats to the tigers sorry I miss the big game and as for Abbott I have friends there as well ..I can remember when Abbott play us at home and there star running back took a marker out and wrote his name very big on our sign right before our run threw ..long story short they went home with a lost ....later on in the playoff we played May battle to the end they beat us by 11 both teams had respect for each other ...and as I saw May play this year in Richland springs I saw the same style of boys play as I once did ..go win state tigers ....Cherokee kid will be there

Overall May played a great game and you cant deny that with the ups and downs of the game they won. but to be such a big game this late in the playoffs the amount of question marks left behind is ridiculous...

and to say abbott isnt up to par with those schools is just fuel to the fire for next year. good luck in yalls romping

I haven't seen one comment in this thread that said Abbott was anything buta very capable, talented group of young men that played their hearts out last night.

The difference in last nights game wasnt the refs it was the four turnovers....the refs didnt cause the fumbles and the picks. Game was only that close because of the refs ... Abbot has a great young team that will no doubt make a deep run again nxt yr. as for May last night is over our boys are getting ready for their game saturday

Back