congrats may

let*it*roll":1hu15o5g said:
I didnt make an exuse of anything, stated facts about the play with the int, and i anticipate a 45 pt win. Thats all, alot of the posts on this website are the opinions of fans from different schools after or before games, so if they dont coinside with cowboy p they are considered classless, havent seen anything posted that would fit that other than the refs being related, and i never heard anything like that before that one post.
I directed my comment at the people making excuses. If you were only stating facts, why did you take offense?

May should've had more td's called back. But that's the game of football.
The amount of pride their fans have over one good season is ridiculous. Milk it. You got 2 days left.

As for Abbott being classless hopefully we meet again next year and they'll show you what class really is.

I say the hico kick off 2014 would be great for it?
Out in the 100 degree heat and may can bring their cousin in law twice removed to ref it if they'd like

TheDirtySouth":cqhpo75x said:
The amount of pride their fans have over one good season is ridiculous. Milk it. You got 2 days left.

As for Abbott being classless hopefully we meet again next year and they'll show you what class really is.

Out in the 100 degree heat and may can bring their cousin in law twice removed to ref it if they'd like
1) Pride in your team is NEVER ridiculous. 0-10, or 15-0 fans should be proud of them.
2) Abbott isn't classless, but posts like yours tend to give people the wrong impression.
3) Abbott lost. Please stop making excuses and move on. Abbott has enough talent returning to make another run next year.

TheDirtySouth":1y3r8s6e said:

May will be just as good next year so if we do meet again we will do our talking on the field. Just like we did Monday night. We started the season off as an underdog and defeated the three time defending state champions in Richland Springs, and fourteen games later we are still the underdogs playing for the state championship. Our boys have played hard all season and as we all know games are decided on the field not by spreads or rankings. I would just say there has been an upset each week in the playoffs, so who will it be this week? I for one am looking forward to watching my four children participate in there first ever state championship game. I was fortunate to be apart of one back in 1985 and still to this day I can never forget the feeling of being in it and then winning it. Good luck to all the teams and enjoy it for what it is a game.

actually, monkeypalm, you did say and i quote "no class what so ever." i think that does translate in to classless. but i am not offended because i stated facts and i at least remember and stand by what i said.

The No class whatsoever post was in direct response to truth's little tirade. It was in no way stating that the Abbott players or the community of Abbott is classless, just the select few that have been crying on these forums for 4 days straight.

TheDirtySouth":3ot09v98 said:

Actually May has always been a great program. We've had our off years of course, but win or lose, we take pride in our team. And if we do lose, you won't see us making excuses on the forums.

Monkeypalm":158syzzz said:
TheDirtySouth":158syzzz said:

Actually May has always been a great program. We've had our off years of course, but win or lose, we take pride in our team. And if we do lose, you won't see us making excuses on the forums.

Well you might this year.

Nope, we have already won, nothing will change the fact that these kids proved a lot of folks wrong this year and they get to be one of the first 2 sixman teams in history to play in AT&T Stadium. The rest of you can just enjoy your sour grapes, the best team from the East is gonna play for the title. Win or lose, at least we made it.

Not so monkeypalm, anyone can make the big dance given an easy of enough schedule.. Should have been ira and crowell for the state championship, that game was played too early in the season. May and Crowell was not a game, Crowell dominated from the first snap. 25 point defeat in a state championship game shows how lopsided the teams were. A 45 point defeat shows how bad the playoff scenario needs to be changed.

oh, please
There are going to be years that there are Districts, Regions, or halves that have the top 2, 3, 4, or 5 teams. This just happens to be one of those years. Very seldom do the best 2 teams play each other in the championship. It's no different in 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A, NFL, basketball - any level, baseball - any level, track, etc.
Quick story - Saw a kid throw the discus 170 feet, usually good enough to get to state, or even win state, and yes, this was 1A track. However, there were two kids from another town, brothers, that happened to be in his district that also threw 170 ish. So guess what, he didn't make out of district. The 3rd place thrower at state threw about 155. Should he have been the third place guy when there was another guy throwing 170's like the 1st and 2nd place guys? Yes, he should have because he was the best in his region.
May didn't have an "easy" schedule. In fact, they had one of the hardest districts in the state. The bottom line is, May did what they had to do to get to state. Period. Ira, WV, Throck, Garden City, etc. did NOT. The only way to get the best 2 teams at the state championship is to 1) get lucky enough to have the best 2 teams on different sides of the bracket, or 2) go with something similar to the BCS, and even then its iffy on whether you have the best 2 teams or not. And nobody wants that. Your team, while they may be good, didn't make it, so get over it, quit whining, quit chewing on the sour grapes and congratulate May on making it to the dance, as it was well deserved.

Maybe the UIL should mix it up. Instead of Region I always playing Region II, and Region III always playing Region IV in the semi's. Maybe mix it up so that Region I plays Region III on even years, It could be North vs South at the State game on even years, East vs West on odd years. But that won't fix the fact that most of the best teams were in Region II this year. So would it have made a difference? Maybe not.

How does the UIL determine what teams play each other at the state basketball tournament? Is it different from football? The system we have now is the best that we have until something different is done. Maybe the UIL needs to rank the playoff teams right after district is over and come up with their playoff brackets based on that. Maybe that would eliminate two strong teams from playing each other so early in the bracket. Maybe use the rankings that Granger uses as to strength of schedule, scores, etc. Naw, that would make too much sense.

Back