Comparing Strawn and RS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They both came together with their boys to apply and meet everyone, they are friends and I believe if you follow this site, their was a plan for Etheridge to join Rigdon in Strawn. So all I’m saying is All schools guilty of hiring a coach with a kid should fall into the group. Hayes is qualified To be AD somewhere yet is considering a assistant job at top ranked Jayton, recruiting? Cheating? A Coup?

We had two openings and filled them. As did the other schools.
I would like to hear what Coach Lee has to say about the Coach Rigdon/Etheridge combination existing at Strawn(but probably won't) . Since Rigdon's contract was not extended that story doesn't hold much credibility. That coaching combination is a wreck waiting to happen. Pump the brakes.

I would like to hear what Coach Lee has to say about the Coach Rigdon/Etheridge combination existing at Strawn(but probably won't) . Since Rigdon's contract was not extended that story doesn't hold much credibility. That coaching combination is a wreck waiting to happen. Pump the brakes.
Just saying schools can hire who they choose to fill vacant positions. No point in calling them out as cheaters for doing so

They both came together with their boys to apply and meet everyone, they are friends and I believe if you follow this site, their was a plan for Etheridge to join Rigdon in Strawn. So all I’m saying is All schools guilty of hiring a coach with a kid should fall into the group. Hayes is qualified To be AD somewhere yet is considering a assistant job at top ranked Jayton, recruiting? Cheating? A Coup?

We had two openings and filled them. As did the other schools.
which one is going to be the HC?

I know I've been giving RS a bunch of crap related to "recruiting", but has Strawn not done the same thing since Lee took over? Brought a kid in the year before the Rigdons, then brings Rigdon along last year. Now there's talk of them getting new kids next year from new coaches and a kid from Calvert. Just feel like a hypocrite when I call one school out and not another who is blatantly doing the same. No, I do not like what RS has done in the past and present but I surely dont like Strawn doing the same.
The gossip on this site is worse than any local coffee shop every could be. Why is everyone so worried about other towns and feel the need to comment when they have no clue what they are talking about? I'll address your gossip column or fake news whatever you want to call it. (1) Lee did not recruit the Parsons kid the year before the Rigdons arrived. The Parsons have lived in Strawn for generations and the kids dad took a job out in the oilfields of New Mexico. There were some issues (which is nobody's business) and the best scenario to those issues was for the kid to go home to Strawn and live with his Grandmother. (2) There is no kid from Calvert coming to Strawn. Again this is what happens when someone speaks about something they do not know about. The Corona kid referred to on other threads is Jesse Corona from Strawn and was a sophomore last year. Someone heard the name Corona and automatically assumed Strawn was recruiting a kid from Calvert named Corona, just plain crazy. (3) Regarding the Rigdon's, I can tell you they were hired but not for the reason on here everyone thinks and its not my place to go into any details and those details should be of no concern to you. Strawn was in bad need of a basketball coach and Rigdon is a basketball guy.

Please tell me of a coach with kids or not that wouldn't want to coach under and learn from coaches that have had great success for decades? It only makes them better for when their time comes to jump to the head coaching ranks. We all live in small towns of which in my opinion is great but a down side is people aren't looking to move to our towns of which I think is great as well but that's a whole other discussion. So if your town is in need of a coach and the coach that is hired has kids somehow makes you want to cry foul, well then you can keep on crying until the river is full because there is nothing wrong with that period.

Last edited:
The gossip on this site is worse than any local coffee shop every could be. Why is everyone so worried about others towns and feel the need to comment when they have no clue what they are talking about? I'll address your gossip column or fake news whatever you want to call it. (1) Lee did not recruit the Parsons kid the year before the Rigdons arrived. The Parsons have lived in Strawn for generations and the kids dad took a job out in the oilfields of New Mexico. There were some issues (which is nobody's business) and the best scenario to those issues was for the kid to go home to Strawn and live with his Grandmother. (2) There is no kid from Calvert coming to Strawn. Again this is what happens when someone speaks about something they do not know about. The Corona kid referred to on other threads is Jesse Corona from Strawn and was a sophomore last year. Someone heard the name Corona and automatically assumed Strawn was recruiting a kid Calvert named Corona, just plan crazy. (3) Regarding the Rigdon's, I can tell you they were hired but not for the reason on here everyone thinks and its not my place to go into any details and those details should be of no concern to you. Strawn was in bad need of a basketball coach and Rigdon is a basketball guy.

Please tell me of a coach with kids or not that wouldn't want to coach under and learn from coaches that have had great success for decades? It only makes them better for when their time comes to jump to the head coaching ranks. We all live in small towns of which in my opinion is great but a down side is people aren't looking to move to our towns of which I think is great as well but that's a whole other discussion. So if your town is in need of a coach and the coach that is hired has kids somehow makes you want to cry foul, well then you can keep on crying until the river is full because there is nothing wrong with that period.
Well said.

The gossip on this site is worse than any local coffee shop every could be. Why is everyone so worried about others towns and feel the need to comment when they have no clue what they are talking about? I'll address your gossip column or fake news whatever you want to call it. (1) Lee did not recruit the Parsons kid the year before the Rigdons arrived. The Parsons have lived in Strawn for generations and the kids dad took a job out in the oilfields of New Mexico. There were some issues (which is nobody's business) and the best scenario to those issues was for the kid to go home to Strawn and live with his Grandmother. (2) There is no kid from Calvert coming to Strawn. Again this is what happens when someone speaks about something they do not know about. The Corona kid referred to on other threads is Jesse Corona from Strawn and was a sophomore last year. Someone heard the name Corona and automatically assumed Strawn was recruiting a kid Calvert named Corona, just plan crazy. (3) Regarding the Rigdon's, I can tell you they were hired but not for the reason on here everyone thinks and its not my place to go into any details and those details should be of no concern to you. Strawn was in bad need of a basketball coach and Rigdon is a basketball guy.

You cant tell me that Lee didnt know what he was getting when he hired Rigdon 😂😂😂
He knew he had two very athletic boys, one being POY and the other being DMVP.
You cant tell me JB didnt know that the Valleys (Teachers Assistant) girls bball coach RS hired had two athletic senior boys with varsity fball experience, along with the Rigdons. 2 Rigons + 2 valley kids+ JBs kid+ whatever they had returning... Oh and that happened a week before football started if you dont remember. Hicks brothers too, that's a good story!
How long was the Parsons kid away from Strawn before he moved back? What about Lee bringing in Clifton Baker from Silverton before the 2003 season?

If you say so, Boomer.

Just saying schools can hire who they choose to fill vacant positions. No point in calling them out as cheaters for doing so
No one here has mentioned Benjamin or the coaches as being cheaters. Definitely newsworthy when Benjamin ISD, a school which has had trouble even fielding a team in recent years, makes such a big splash. Will make an interesting football season.

You cant tell me that Lee didnt know what he was getting when he hired Rigdon 😂😂😂
He knew he had two very athletic boys, one being POY and the other being DMVP.
You cant tell me JB didnt know that the Valleys (Teachers Assistant) girls bball coach RS hired had two athletic senior boys with varsity fball experience, along with the Rigdons. 2 Rigons + 2 valley kids+ JBs kid+ whatever they had returning... Oh and that happened a week before football started if you dont remember. Hicks brothers too, that's a good story!
How long was the Parsons kid away from Strawn before he moved back? What about Lee bringing in Clifton Baker from Silverton before the 2003 season?
What is wrong with Strawn hiring Rigdon or any other school for that matter? Would you not have wanted your school to hire Rigdon? So your saying towns cannot hire coaches because their kids are great athletes? What if that coach with great kids wants to come to your town and reaches out first? Again, you make my point about gossip. Lee's first year at Strawn was 2003 and Clifton Baker came with him because Clifton is his adopted son.

What is wrong with Strawn hiring Rigdon or any other school for that matter? Would you not have wanted your school to hire Rigdon? So your saying towns cannot hire coaches because their kids are great athletes? What if that coach with great kids wants to come to your town and reaches out first? Again, you make my point about gossip. Lee's first year at Strawn was 2003 and Clifton Baker came with him because Clifton is his adopted son.
I know many schools wouldn’t hire based on the problems and drama come with it. A few have rejected this based on character alone. I guess it depends on what you want to be known for. Win at all costs? Or like Bingham said in his interview a couple years ago: Win with kids that have been there since elementary.

Texas Dig, Gigem did want Rigdon to coach his kid. He moved him to RS and then back to Rochelle after the Burkhart/Rigdon Drama. His son played for Rochelle his Freshman year (2020) then transferred him to Brady this year (2021). After Strawn won state, he decided to move his kid to Strawn 2022 Spring. Unfortunately the man he was following is now going to Benjamin.

Texas Dig, Gigem did want Rigdon to coach his kid. He moved him to RS and then back to Rochelle after the Burkhart/Rigdon Drama. His son played for Rochelle his Freshman year (2020) then transferred him to Brady this year (2021). After Strawn won state, he decided to move his kid to Strawn 2022 Spring. Unfortunately the man he was following is now going to Benjamin
1652842446682.gif

Texas Dig, Gigem did want Rigdon to coach his kid. He moved him to RS and then back to Rochelle after the Burkhart/Rigdon Drama. His son played for Rochelle his Freshman year (2020) then transferred him to Brady this year (2021). After Strawn won state, he decided to move his kid to Strawn 2022 Spring. Unfortunately the man he was following is now going to Benjamin.
Sounds like they may be moving again then. We have lots of jobs around here. You seem to know them well, send them our way.

Gig,Tex dig is this true? What do you do for work sir? Message me lol. Jk
I cannot confirm the accuracy of the entire story but can confirm a family from Brady did move to Strawn but am not aware of their kid or kids ages. Seems crazy for him to be bashing the guy he’s been following around and the town he just moved to if accurate. Strange times we’re livin in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back