Coaching Carousel 2024

2 years ago, the school board at Robert Lee hired him but he never signed his contract. Also, if he dins a contract, he has 45 days from the 1st of instruction to get out of it.
A contract isn’t worth the paper it is written on, or the time it takes to fill it out, if the person doesn’t want to fulfill their obligation or keep their word.

I posted this on Baird before the season on Aug 13th 2023

"Baird - apparently very young but bring back 6 on offense and 5 on defense, maybe 2024 is their year?"

Add in the Hayes brothers 👀 lookout

From what I gathered Baird offered him a position for the rest of this year and next year he verbally accepted it and then his family said it wasn’t true. I could be missing something but I think that covers it. Why interview at a school or tell them you would accept the job if you have no intention of going there?

From what I gathered Baird offered him a position for the rest of this year and next year he verbally accepted it and then his family said it wasn’t true. I could be missing something but I think that covers it. Why interview at a school or tell them you would accept the job if you have no intention of going there?
Is he leaving or not I’m confused ?

This thread is titled coaching carousel, not rumor mill. Am I right or wrong @Mike ?

While most of this does revolve around coaching changes, I would ask that we refrain from posting anything that isn't true and anything that isn't talking about coaching positions being available and/or filled.

Let's also remember that Grayson Rigdon isn't a coach so this isn't the place to discuss anything related to him.

I think the posted transcript from the Baird school board meeting is sufficient proof that Nathan Hayes will be their next athletic director. Consequently, COACH Jamie Rigdon is likely on the move.

Just doing some digging on Baird ISDs website. Seems like the job of athletic director has a maximum value of over 93,000 plus the whatever the stipend is for being HFC seems like, and correct me if I am wrong, and increase from what he's making in the Benjamin ISD

Just doing some digging on Baird ISDs website. Seems like the job of athletic director has a maximum value of over 93,000 plus the whatever the stipend is for being HFC seems like, and correct me if I am wrong, and increase from what he's making in the Benjamin ISD
That's good money for a school that size in a nice area. Is Baird now a title contender?

Throw this in for more speculation, lol.
From Texomas Homepage:
Four-time state champion football coach Nathan Hayes was approved as the Baird Bears next athletic director at a school board meeting on March 18, 2024.

Although, Hayes told KFDX Sports Director Tobin McDuff that he has yet to accept an offer.
Well, Hayes was also "hired" at RS until he chose Benjamin in case people forgot.

Last year I was @TheWesp...now I'm the Balmorhea cooch? I mean, at least I'm headed up...but I ain't got time for this :poop:!
Wow Mikayla! Sometimes I think you WISH you were TheWesp!! Sounds to me like you’re on the downslope!

But everyone I do have breaking news that I can confirm! The Heys boys are leaving Benjamin. The only reason I know is because Benjamin has been calling my phone off the hook trying to get me to be the new head coach over there! The weird thing is that they speak in code whenever they call! They usually start the call with “hello we’re trying to collect a bill for so and so”, but I can read between the lines Benjamin!

Hope everyone is having a great day today! I’ve got my eyes on you big Mike!

Ok, let's try to get this back on-topic please. We're getting pretty far outside the realm of "coaching carousel" here, including myself, so let's dial it back in.

Back