Chester vs Baytown Christian

JacketMom

11-man fan
This week's spread.. Baytown Christian favored over Chester by 45

Ouch.
That being said, I haven't gotten any good feedback on Baytown Christian. Maybe someone can shed some light. They handed it to Oakwood in week 1 with a score of 82-36 , of which I understand Oakwood shouldn't be as strong this year as in the past. Now I do think the Jackets are underestimated, but you only have history to go by so I'm ok with that. I hope this game is much closer than expected. I still think we can pull off the upset and possibly make it to the biggest upset thread :)

Jackets by 2.

I don't know much about Chester other than I played them once when I was coaching at Sanchez and they have a neat field. We played Baytown Christian at a 6 on 6 in June. Orange Community, Emery Weiner, and Tomball Homeschool were there as well, and if my memory serves me correctly, Baytown won out. They seem pretty stacked this year. I'd say the prediction is warranted, but you never know what happens out on the field. Good luck!

Thanks for the info..son said they are definitely quick but he thinks they can hang with them. I appreciate their confidence and I hope being the underdog will give them the drive they need to compete successfully. One of the great things about this game is it's a bunch of high school kids...anything can happen on a Friday night. How can you not love football Friday nights!

Well I am one for two this go around...missed this game. Lost by 49 to a very good Bulldog team. We did not play up to our capabilities with too many missed tackles and miscues on handling the ball. Cannot do that against a solid, quick team as Baytown Christian is and expect a very good outcome. Guys will have to regroup and move forward, for there are many games left to play. Good luck to the Bulldogs the rest of the way. On to Longview for us.

Back