Baytown Christian 8-0 vs Conroe Covenant 8-0

Conroe is pretty one dimensional but stays consistent with a heavy dose of #6. Baytown has numerous weapons and a very solid defense. Preparation is also key so time will tell come Friday night. It's also been labeled TAPPS game of the week.

THEQB":2wpw4vsj said:
I agree. 24 points in 8 games is pretty stingy.
Big question will be how well conroes big defensive ends deal with baytowns rb's.

Its no secret what Baytown will hit you with if you've watched their games the past 3 years. They run different formations but they always go to the run. Theyve had a stable of back that gives them the luxury of run right or run left.

Conroe has two big ends bit if those ends don't stop that then it'll be business as usual for Baytown.

I'm excited about this game. Should be a great one to go watch. The Houston area has been needing a game of this hype since Emory vs Calvert.

Everyone is talking about stopping #6 from Conroe. Baytown has a back #21 that is 6'4" 240 that runs like the wind. He usually is shut down after the 1st quarter because of their lead. Easily one of the best backs in the state. Hes like a college tight end. Has anybody else seen this kid play? He can ground and pound or beat you to the outside.

I have to agree with Cougar on that post. #21 for Baytown is a beast. He is complimented by several weapons which makes this team very unpredictable but fun to watch. Not to mention their Special Teams unit is very solid. Their kicker has to be an All-State candidate.

Game could come down to extra points. Not sure how Conroes kicker is. #21 is a solid back for sure and a load to bring down. They do have a lot of weapons offensively and that may be the difference in this one

What a game! Both teams played their hearts out.
#6 for Conroe is an excellent runner. #21 for Baytown is a beast. Guy ran over some defenders.

The crowd was engaged and the players really went after each other. Great game!

Best of luck to both teams in the coming games.

I had mixed feelings on this game. Baytown showed up. I did not get to make the game but heard that baytown did what they do. Run the ball and hit you in the mouth. Any kids that stuck out on either team? Had to be something that tilted the scale...

#6 and #21 were pretty even this game. #6 had 3 rushing touchdowns and #21 had 4. Although #6 did have a kick off return the very first play of the game and ran all the way to the end zone, but he was tackled 1 yard away from it and fell into the end zone, so the refs said TD didn't count. So they almost each had 4. #6 had 261 rushing yards and #21 had 232. Other than size I think the only thing that separated these 2 during the game was character. #6 seemed to stay calm and collected while #21 shoved and hit quite a few of his opponents after the play was over because they didn't make it easy for him. It's sad that such a talented player showed such poor character during one of the biggest games of the season, but they both did well. I think the determining factor here was Baytown defense. They're definitely something to reckon with. Baytown deserved to win and really have a great team, but Conrone didn't make it easy for them.

Bearkat it's obvious your opinion is one sided. This was not a game to compare #21 to #6. Easy for #6 to keep composure when he's not getting kicked punched and stepped on after the play by #8 from Conroe who was flagged for it. Calling out a kids character based on one game is ridiculous. I was at the same game and saw no signs of #21 losing his cool. Both Rb's are completely different in style but I'd say the impressive part was conroes O line and blocking. You could put any rb behind that line and they'd do well. #21 is targeted each week and continues to produce big numbers and has zero personal foul calls against him. Good luck to Conroe the rest of the way as both teams in this district will represent their teams well in the playoffs.

PS #21 carried 22 times for 4 tds and caught a TD as time expired first half for a total of 5 tds

I don't think it's one-sided because I thought both teams did really well. I'm not sure what happened with #8 when you're saying stepping punching and kicking, but I did see the refs talk to him about it towards the end of the game. I saw gestures when they were talking about it, but I wasn't sure what they were saying and I'll admit that I did miss that play. My apologies there. What I saw for the first two quarters was #21 hitting and pushing #8 the first half of the game, even after 21 would score a TD. But I also saw # 6 get face masked without the refs calling it and hes targeted each week as well,and he kept his cool. I was also referring to only rushing touchdowns, not passing. I didn't mean to offend anyone at all, I was just responding to the question about players that stood out this week. I truly apologize if any offense was taken.That was not my intention.

Bearkat, I'll have to agree with 4-2...calling a kid out is never a good luck. The games I attended for Baytown have not supported your claim. For him to behave in a manner in which you claim has to have a cause.
Like I said, both teams played hard. We as spectators don't know what is being said to a kid or done to a kid that we are not privileged to know.

Again, I've seen many a posters from all corners of the state advise poster to keep the post about the game and not comment on the kids. Let the coaches address any "character" issues.

Lastly, good luck to Conroe and Baytown in the playoffs. Conroe is a strong bet to contend for the D1 title and Baytown is a strong contender for the D2 title.
What a statement for that district!

Bearkat13":3e3s5q22 said:
#6 and #21 were pretty even this game...... #21 shoved and hit quite a few of his opponents after the play was over because they didn't make it easy for him. It's sad that such a talented player showed such poor character during one of the biggest games of the season....

Give me a break. I saw and scouted the game. Seems like you are a bit faint of heart to good football and competition. You are very incorrect in your analysis of after the play actions of BCA's #21. He is a competitor at football and an all state basketball all player. I have seen him play this and last year and never have had a negative impression of his play on the field between and after the whistle.

What you see and heard should be accounted for here in an accurate way. Sounds like you are a Conroe fan that was handed your first season loss. Fact is, Conroe has never even come close to competing with BCA. They have been 45'd in 2012 and 2013 and beaten soundly in 2016.

It was a hard fought, clean game and both sides are to be congratulated. It was BCA's night. Take your loss like a man and move on.

Back