Baytown Christian 8-0 vs Conroe Covenant 8-0

THEQB

Six-man fan
Spread is Conroe favored by 7
I figure this game should at least have its own thread. This should be an exciting game. Conroe is stout this year and had a solid win over San Marcos.
Baytown I believe has 45'ed just about everyone this year and the defense has only surrendered 24 points.

I think the only like opponent they have is Orange. Conroe beat them 48-0 in the 4th and Baytown beat them 45-0 at the half. Both dominating performances one game just a little shorter than the other.
Thoughts?

Not sure who comes up with these spreads and I highly doubt they have actually been to any of the games they are making spreads for. I've seen both these teams play and it will be an exciting game but feel like the spread is way off. Baytown has a very stingy defense accommodated by a powerful offense and special teams unit. Not sure Conroe can keep up.

Having played both of these teams last season. I can't see this being a 7-point game, but that's why they play them. Maybe this is Covenant's year?

jeffn86":2k68vp5g said:
Having played both of these teams last season. I can't see this being a close game, but I guess that's why they play them. Maybe this is Covenant's year?

So you think Conroe is going to take this one?
How did u fair against these team last year?

After watching both teams "up close", Baytown wins by 45. Baytown is hungry and are loaded compared to Conroe. Both good teams but I think Conroe is a little overrated. I think next year will be their year.

Baytown was on a whole different level last season. I have no doubt that Covenant is improved this year, especially offensively, but I wouldn't think they should be the favorite. I hope it's a good game

Looks as tho Conroe is getting no love in this game. The team is 8-0 with a higher strength of schedule. Could we all be overlooking Conroe?

jeffn86":2hufjgo4 said:
Baytown was on a whole different level last season. I have no doubt that Covenant is improved this year, especially offensively, but I wouldn't think they should be the favorite. I hope it's a good game

That entire district was unreal last year. From top to bottom was some hard-nosed, get in your face football.

Anyone of those teams last year would be state champs in any district. It was fun watching all the games I went to. Most I've watched 6man live since I started following 6man.

Several different opinions here. Anyone else seen baytown or Conroe play? Some saying 45 baytown, some saying covenant has a chance.

My first post. Decided to after scouting BC last Friday. My take,,,

Baytown pro's:
Experience, Division 1 district champs 2x, semis 2015, beat state champ at full strength last yr
Coaching / System
Size and speed

Conroe's pro's:
Size
Ability to make plays this year
Seems like kids are buying into their program finally. Seen them play once already. They are hungry.
Underdog, opposed to 6man's grading system. This is way off. Should be Baytown +30.
Momentum

Look for a good game here. Not a blowout like BC fans have been boasting about like the one at their homecoming last week. I give momentum to Conroe. BC hasn't lost a district game since 2013, so they may take this time of the year for granted.
Conroe's large ends don't let much by them in previous 7 games. BC should not block them well. Containment is key here.

Sounds like good insight...
Baytown may have issues with being the smaller opponent.
#50 was their main guy on Conroe but I think he got hurt or had grade issues.
Regardless they had 2 kids in the Brazosport game in the 30's that were solid d-ends!
Maybe 34, and 31 or 33... Can't rem but they were solid

Mr. Jones if you are picking Conroe by 30 based on your scouting of both teams your team must be 0 -8 this year. This should be a good game and a great test for both teams. The critics for both teams should be answered.
Either Baytown is legit this year or
Either Conroe is legit this year

Cougar1414":3vmics4o said:
Mr. Jones if you are picking Conroe by 30 based on your scouting of both teams your team must be 0 -8 this year. This should be a good game and a great test for both teams. The critics for both teams should be answered.
Either Baytown is legit this year or
Either Conroe is legit this year

I think it will be a decent first half. 6man should have Conroe as a 30 pt underdog. Sorry for the foggy info. 0-8... LoL

So jones you think it will only go a half?
Is Conroe that weak and why would you think baytown should be a 30 point favorite?
Six man spreads are usually not far off.

Put it this way. Conroe's #6 will not be totally silenced on Friday. He is definitely going to do his share of scoring. I believe Apple Springs is the only team to score on BC this season and #6 is a bit better and slipperier than AS's qb.
This one will not go the distance but will be BC's best test yet.
Yes, Baytown should be the 30 pt fav here.

They are both 8-0 for a reason. I think the spread is pretty close. What do you see that makes them that much better to be a 30 point favorite? Conroe has a SOLID run game. They stick to their guns and run the ball right at you. Baytown does the same.

Its no secret about BCA. They are a team on a roll for two years now three. They have a great offensive system put in looks like back in 2014 or so when their undefeated district streak started(max preps). Their defense is as good or better. Schemes they are crazy. Coaches there are always a play ahead of their opposition.
Conroe has never beaten BCA. I do see this as Conroe's year to massively improve on the big dog BCA. In 2012, a mediocre BCA 45'd a very young Conroe and the same result in 2013. Conroe is much better now. I bet these boys come out and play BCA hard this go around. All kidding aside,, This could turn out to be a new rival with the districts shuffled around and BCA moving to D2 as a dominant D1 team last year as a very small school.
Definately the district's game of the year.

No doubt they are no secret. They were in the mix in d1 for years.
I have not been digging up the past history on these 2 teams, but seems like good info.
Either way it will be a statement game for either team moving forward.
Winner proves they are for real. Loser.... they know where they stand moving forward.
I see this going either way.
Can BCA contain Conroes fast running game?
Can Conroe stop the hard running ground game of BCA?
Edge goes to BCA's defense for sure.

Weekly Spreads are made purely by comparing the power rankings of both teams. Conroe has 268.26 Baytown has 259.29 which is a delta of 8.97. Not sure why it rounded down to 8 but that's the reason why the spread is the way it is. Conroe has a higher power ranking because of their stronger strength of schedule.

If I had to pick based on the film I've seen, I would have to go with Baytown. Their defense is extremely tough.

I agree. 24 points in 8 games is pretty stingy.
Big question will be how well conroes big defensive ends deal with baytowns rb's.

Back