BC vs RS

Schwarzenegger

11-man fan
I know this game will never happen but I wish it would to find out who is the better team out of the two. I mean how good of a game would it be, you would have arguably the two best coaches going against each other and then by far the most discipline blocking and tackling teams I've ever seen. Me personally I think BC is the better team, I know they lost to Calvert and RS beat Calvert but that means nothing. Just a little example of teams playing a common opponent Baylor beat Iowa State and Tech lost to Iowa State but then Tech beat Baylor.

I would love to see the two teams who won yesterday's games play.
1st time I saw them this year and they were both very impressive.
On top of everything else they only missed 1 PAT kick between them.
IMO RS was the better team, but who knows what could happen?

The thing is this game could of been played at the beginning of the year at Bordens tournament. They also have another common opponent in Paducah which both teams dominated RS won 58-0 and BC won 55-0. However though I watched both of those games Paducah was able to move the ball on RS, nothing great but still they almost scored. Then when BC played Paducah I can't remember Paducah even getting a first down.

I am not from Richland springs, but I have to say people even questioning who would win is funny to me. Richland is more dominate in every aspect (this having seen both teams play multiple times.) The game would be over by halftime/start of the 3rd. &I I say this with no bias, just honesty.

SixmanFootballFan1":3dqr6bol said:
I am not from Richland springs, but I have to say people even questioning who would win is funny to me. Richland is more dominate in every aspect (this having seen both teams play multiple times.) The game would be over by halftime/start of the 3rd. &I I say this with no bias, just honesty.

We're all entitled to our own opinion. I happen to disagree with yours. RS may win, but half/3rd?

gohorns40":28kj11gc said:
SixmanFootballFan1":28kj11gc said:

We're all entitled to our own opinion. I happen to disagree with yours. RS may win, but half/3rd?

Well I mean Borden County is a great football team, they are the D1 State Champions, but if they were put in the D2 east they might not have made it out the 2nd round. They went double OT with BV who just moved up from D2 this year. Richland Springs is a whole different beast I don't think BC could even last a full game with, no offense to BC. I am from the west and support teams around my area, but these guys are something else.

Crazy to think RS could beat BC going away. I don't know who would win but I watched both play at Jerry's world and here is what I saw, RS has Tippie doing it all on both sides of the ball and he is in the game from start to finish, amazing athlete, Balmorhea has less than average defenders on the ends with bad speed so they play extra wide to try and turn all runs back inside they are easily outrun, they can score but mainly on passing plays. Now for BC they have an outstanding defense with very good speed, they had a tough stretch in playoffs with 2 of there best on D out or very limited with injury in 2nd and 3rd round games. On offense they score and sub 3 at a time in backfield every other play. So I would say BC beats Balmorhea fairly easy and would be in a good spot to beat RS with only one threat on offense and he would be worn down late in game.

".........So I would say BC beats Balmorhea fairly easy and would be in a good spot to beat RS with only one threat on offense and he would be worn down late in game."
Keep on thinking that RS only has one threat on offense..........

Coyotes Pyotes, neither of these JVrs were the top six-man team in the state.
Your going to hear it first right now, and you can stick this truth in the bank
and draw two per cent interest for life---the greatest six man team in the greatest
state in the greatest nation on the planet, in the year 2016 was the Zephyr Junior High Bulldogs. :)

A distant second was Tippey, followed by BC.

Seriously, when was the last time we saw a player the caliber of this lad?

BC is the more athletic team and would win by at least 2 tds. Now if you were going to combine BC and RS to form an 11man team, I would rather see them play Refugio then Bremond. That QB from Bremond is one bad dude!

Schwarzenegger":2us38cyq said:
BC is the more athletic team and would win by at least 2 tds. Now if you were going to combine BC and RS to form an 11man team, I would rather see them play Refugio then Bremond. That QB from Bremond is one bad dude!

Real similar to number 7 Thompson of Calvert. Maybe not quite as good speedwise as Calvert.

Johnny South":2inr7l46 said:
Schwarzenegger":2inr7l46 said:

Real similar to number 7 Thompson of Calvert. Maybe not quite as good speedwise as Calvert.
I'm sorry to say man but there's no comparison in those two players. Roshauud Paul had a handful of division 1 offers and is committed to Texas A&M so he has to be an elite athlete for colleges to be after him like that. I mean that kid from Calvert is good don't get me wrong, even in my dreams I still wouldn't be as good as him. Yet like I said there's no comparison Paul went 47-0 as a starter, 3 state titles in a row and had multiple offers.

Schwarzenegger":2p68nxwp said:
Johnny South":2p68nxwp said:
Schwarzenegger":2p68nxwp said:

I'm sorry to say man but there's no comparison in those two players. Roshauud Paul had a handful of division 1 offers and is committed to Texas A&M so he has to be an elite athlete for colleges to be after him like that. I mean that kid from Calvert is good don't get me wrong, even in my dreams I still wouldn't be as good as him. Yet like I said there's no comparison Paul went 47-0 as a starter, 3 state titles in a row and had multiple offers.

I have not seen this Paul play, but I can tell you the only advantage he has is his being in an eleven man program and perhaps a little more height.
Jaquan Thompson is limited only by the fact that he had three coaches in four years of varsity play, and four different coaches counting junior high. That is a handicap and a crying shame. But that is life.
Good is Good no matter where you play, no matter the size of the school. Don't count tds and yardage, look for skills and the ability to make plays no one else makes. That is the true measure of ability.

Speaking of Good. I have to acknowledge the undeniable truth that the best six-man program in the contiguous United States is located in Richland Springs, Texas, and coached by Jerry Burkhart.
Congratulations to everyone who made the state championships of course.
Good job Jerry and coaches. Good job Don, teachers, trustees and parents of the RS Coyotes. You have provided the rest of us a super example of how a top notch, second-to-none program must look if you want to be the best.
Going for nine just blows my mind.

Back