Aquilla Oakwood matchup

David1995

11-man fan
Sorry but I got tired of posting on an Abbott rabbit thread. I hope that the aquilla coaches take Shay's knee injury serious. You guys got a young man who filled in quite nicely this past Friday in Penelope. Make sure you guys don't over do this shay's time on the football field if his presence isn't needed. I'd hate to see him get hurt in a game you guys could let him rest another week and get him 110%. I don't see the rabbits going as far as Aquilla so play your cards right and we are hoping for the best for you guys. Heck I'll even go against my sworn hatred for Abbott and wish them luck too. GO D1-14!!!

Aquilla
i wish you good luck and hope for the healing for those that you have injured... Please remember that a team that works and fights for each other can never be defeated... play one play at a time 100 %then move on to the next.. the one that you can count on is the one that is on either side of you.. good luck into the playoffs
kb joe

Good luck Cougars! I'll be in my usual spot cheering you on. Keep playing as a TEAM. It's gotten you into the playoffs, and it can take you all the way. Y'all have the ability to make the finals if you give it 100% every play of every game.
Make history by being the first Aquilla team to play for the championship title.

how is it that everyone is just assuming oakwood is going to lose? better record... higher ranked... predicted to win... healthy.... I just dont understand it. I think Oakwood makes it to the semis easy and plays throckmorton. From there idk...

@ David....hmm lets see why everyone is asummeing that Aquilla will win 1) DEFENSE, they had held their opponents to 170 points up until their last 2 district games when thy lost one of their main players to an injury and still are only allowing 24.7 points a game with their 2 way starter out! 2) Their whole team will be back in full force against Oakwood, and the only game they lost all year was without their 2 way starter, he is NOT their whole team but the Cougars have excellent team chemistry when he is in the game. Three Seniors return from last years Semi-Finalist team and they are 2 way starters. 3) Oakwood has played No One except Milford, which the Cougars beat alot worse than Oakwood did and Aquilla plays in what quite possibly is the toughest district in the state, plus they beat State ranked Calvert, and very good Lometa and Abbott teams. 4) The Cougars are just too fast and strong, they dominated Oakwood in the scrimmage in pre-season and Aquilla is alot better than they were then and Im hoping Oakwood is as well. 5) Aquilla is coming off a heartbreaking loss to a very good Penelope team, they are pissed off and have a point to prove!!!

The list could go on and on, and although I don't think it will be a blow out like last years Bi-District matchup, I do think Aquilla will be victorious. Rankings....don't mean squat, last years Semi-Finalist team was never ranked higher than 12th, so the players don't even pay attention to that, they leave it all on the field and this week is the only week Oakwood moved ahead of them. The LAST AND MOST IMPORTANT REASON the Cougars will probably win on Thursday, their focus has been getting another shot at Throckmorton in the State Semi Finals, they feel like they have something to prove!

Im hoping for a good game on Thursday, but one thins is for sure....THE COUGARS ARE FAST AND FURIOUS AND DEFINITELY A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH!!!!

sixmanfan3 is right. The Cougars are out to prove themselves. #10 is a big playmaker, but more importantly, he is an on-field leader. Aquilla's loss to Penelope reminded them to never underestimate an opponent.

Oakwood beat coolidge a lot worse than aquila what does them beating another team have to do with playing eachother? its all about matchups. oakwoods offense hasnt been stopped by anyone. not even close. Ive been to almost all there games. never punt never have turnovers just score. idc if u average 2 points a game oakwood put up minimum of sixty. milford said they had a good defense and oakwood put up sixty five.
Oakwood 63-aquila 45 mark my words...

The game against Milford was mentioned because that is the ONLY ranked team Oakwood has played. I would be carefuly guaranteeing anything you have no control over, unless of course your on the field, and still these are high school kids and anything can happen. Im sure I won't be the only one that expects to see you back on this board eating "crow" if your "gaurantees" don't happen as planned, lol...

Good Luck Aquilla & Abbott....Represent Dist 14 well!!!!!

i think aquilla will pull this one off in a close game. but if #10 gets reinjured, i wouldnt be surprised to see oakwood come out with a win. aquilla by 13 IF #10 stays healthy

Oakwood proves tonight that it is definetly the real deal. 79 to 52. look a few posts up and i believe u will see a post saying oakwood wins 65 to 43. guess what instead of 22 it was 25. Guess i dont have to eat crow afterall huh sixmanfan3. lol. And dont talk about number ten getting hurt. they lost that game cause they couldnt stop oakwood.Oakwood had one possesion of idk like 13 or 14 that didnt result in a touchdown. the ball was picked off. like i said oakwood to the semis. idk if they have what it takes to beat throckmorton but i know they better not look over oakwood to the state finals.

o yah if oakwood stays healthy and play as good as they did tonight if not better they will difinitely go to at least the simi finals... i do beleive lometa isnt gna have a chance against them

Yes, oakwood won, but look how the scoring went before Aquilla's backs were injured. Oakwood does have some talented players, but they could not have handled a healthy Aquilla team.

sorry cowboy i do beleive they could have. thats just my opinion.. but now thats its over we will never know. things happen.. i kno what its like to have a injury and not be able to play. thats y im not playing college ball again this year. a broke ankle can really mess it up for you..

cowboy p quit being a sore loser. Oakwood was stopped one time on offense! OUT OF LIKE 14 POSESSIONS!!!! u are blaming ur running backs for the loss? u kidding me? even with all the starters playing oakwood had a few stops. Oakwood put them to fourth down prolly ten times. Oakwood never faced a fourth down! couple more things go right for oakwood and aquilla is getting and early ride home and lost by 45 or more. get serious. U knew ur running back was injured going into the game and yet u still picked them to win. u cant come back now and say if he was healthy we win. that dont make since. good team aquilla but not good enough to stop oakwoods offense.

I'm not a sore loser. My team was out last week. And I also believe Aquilla had control of the game until the injuries. Yes, everyone knows it is part of the game. So is being a winner with class and not rubbing it in, but that seems to have escaped this weeks winner. I would pick Aquilla over Oakwood again if they were playing again next week, and the week after etc. The big talkers who lack the class to win gracefully never go far, so its just a matter of time before Oakwood is done anyway. I'm foreseeing 1 more win in the near future. And then they are done.

All of yall know that if the roles were reversed, Aquila would have went for the touchdown with 30 seconds left. Not only did Oakwood beat Aquila but they also beat those one-sided refs. They didn't call anything against Aquila, and they only kept Oakwood motivated to work even harder to win.
Aquila only had ONE injured player at the beginning of the game, #10. He wanted to get in, and he got hurt. All of the other players on Aquila were healthy.

Well Oakwood beat those Cougars! Both teams played a great game but theres no doubt in my mind that if all those players that got hurt wouldnt have got hurt then it wouldve been an even better game but Oakwoods defense was tearin' them up every chance they got.!
Yu see when there was 30 seconds left in the game we may have tried to score but we didnt. That is not unsportsman like conduct. I have no doubt in my mind that if the tables wouldve been turned Aquilla wouldve tried to score as well or they wouldve tried to 45 us...
Also Aquilla only had one player that was unhealthy and that was #10 if im not mistaken. everyone else was in a good condition to play, Oakwoods defense just took them out..
-It was a great game and both teams played a good game

Back