Aquilla Oakwood matchup

EastTXNewbie":4afzcflk said:
Think Oakwood needs to look into "Hooked on phonics". Haven't read a single post from an Oakwood fan that I didn't have to decipher!
No kidding.................................. "YU NOW WUT IM SAIN" lol

Went to a small parochial school where they opted to teach the ‘Carter Method’ of spelling (phonetically). Take a bunch of nuns with German accents and couple that with a West Texas twang and ….. oh well, all I can say is ‘aint no nuns got no biddniz a trying to lurn me to spale…. undt dat is duh troof’ Fifty years later and I’m still trying to overcome that learning disability.

PopeBurford":flupag37 said:
Went to a small parochial school where they opted to teach the ‘Carter Method’ of spelling (phonetically). Take a bunch of nuns with German accents and couple that with a West Texas twang and ….. oh well, all I can say is ‘aint no nuns got no biddniz a trying to lurn me to spale…. undt dat is duh troof’ Fifty years later and I’m still trying to overcome that learning disability.
had to read it twice "i keeps gitin lohst"

pojocrusader":3t6jy3uk said:
EastTXNewbie":3t6jy3uk said:
Think Oakwood needs to look into "Hooked on phonics". Haven't read a single post from an Oakwood fan that I didn't have to decipher!
No kidding.................................. "YU NOW WUT IM SAIN" lol

I'm from Oakwood, and if you read my post again.. You didn't have to 'decipher' anything. Just because y'all are mad or whatever, doesn't mean y'all have to diss our school. Maybe you need to go back to school and learn how to grow up.

Nobody has answered my post yet. How can everyone say that Aquilla lost the game because #10 got hurt? Oakwood scored a touchdown on 13 of there 14 possessions? Aquilla lost last night because there defense couldnt even get Oakwood to a fourth down. We are the ungraceful winners that need, "Hooked on Phonics"? WOW! I bet that i can read all of your posts talking trash to Abbott after u barely beat them. Aquilla is a good team. They just got beat by a better team. On a different note Abbott vs. Leveratts Chapel tonight in Oakwood. Time to take a peek at the likely quarterfinal competetion. Ill be on the home side cheering on leveratts chapel even if they are visitors. Get over it, and get over Aquilla losing.

david_rantala":fgd5zkcm said:
Nobody has answered my post yet. How can everyone say that Aquilla lost the game because #10 got hurt? Oakwood scored a touchdown on 13 of there 14 possessions? Aquilla lost last night because there defense couldnt even get Oakwood to a fourth down. We are the ungraceful winners that need, "Hooked on Phonics"? WOW! I bet that i can read all of your posts talking trash to Abbott after u barely beat them. Aquilla is a good team. They just got beat by a better team. On a different note Abbott vs. Leveratts Chapel tonight in Oakwood. Time to take a peek at the likely quarterfinal competetion. Ill be on the home side cheering on leveratts chapel even if they are visitors. Get over it, and get over Aquilla losing.
BLAH,POST,BLAH,RANT, blondie go to class......Mr.Rantala your team won, have dignity and move on. Your team was better do you want a free t shirt or something. your not gonna sway anyones opinion from aquilla , you live to play one more week

Wow...
Either way we still won the game last night and thats all that matters.
Oakwood beat Aquilla, were moving to the next round their not and thats all there is to it... Aquilla is a good team and they had a great season. But the game between Oakwood and Aquilla is over with. So why be a sore loser about it, if whats done is done. . .

pojocrusader":3i0qiin5 said:
david_rantala":3i0qiin5 said:
BLAH,POST,BLAH,RANT, blondie go to class......Mr.Rantala your team won, have dignity and move on. Your team was better do you want a free t shirt or something. your not gonna sway anyones opinion from aquilla , you live to play one more week
get the hell over yourself.

blonde_girl44":qk95b0xy said:
pojocrusader":qk95b0xy said:
david_rantala":qk95b0xy said:
get the hell over yourself.
Ok im over it now what

Congrats David and the Oakwood Panthers...you guys have definitely improved from the scrimmage, you have a very good team. Just be careful on your "guarantees', they worked for you this game, but they may bite you in the butt eventually. I do have to agree with Cowboy on one one thing, the game might have been differently if we had not lost all 3 RB's to injuries. Aquilla's number 18 had no problem moving the ball and scoreing the whole first qtr when Aquilla had a 15 point lead. But we can talk all day about shoulda, coulda, woulda's, the game is over and you guys came away with the win. I do not think you will have any trouble reaching the Semi-finals, but your coach needs to get a hold of a couple of the guys on the team (#2 especially) that make alot of bad decisions on personal fouls, if you get an officiating crew that is "flag happy" it could hurt you! Good Luck on the rest of the playoffs!!!

P.S. you cant say you have never had a turnover, lol....had to point out one positive for the Cougars! I AM VERY PROUD OF THE 9-2 AQUILLA COUGARS!!!

I thought I would be done posting about this game, but after reading a couple of posts, I can't keep quiet any longer! Blonde girl, where you even at the game? You all keep "referring" to the injury of #10, he wasn't our RB in that game. Our RB was #18 and he had 200 plus yards and 4 TD"S and a 20 point lead when he went down, so you had NOT conrolled ANYONE at that point. When he went out, #10 who had been out for a game and a half, went in because we had noone else. He was in for maybe 2 series and left with his knee, and he was replaced by #1 who hasn't played RB, he is a receiver and he stayed left the game with a concussion.

The game is over, but Aquilla was clearly in control of the game until #18 went our and YES the Oakwood offense who had supposedly NEVER been stopped was stopped with an interception. Maybe this whole "winning a playoff game" is new to you guys, but learn to do it with class! A couple of you run your mouths a little too much like a couple of your players did and wound up with sevaral personal fouls. I hear where LC out of your district got it handed to them last night and still showed "class and sportmanship" maybe a couple of you Oakwood fans need to learn from them!

Wow sixmanfan3. u r way behind everybody else. The game has been over for two days now most people arent even thinking about it anymore. The winning team is thinking about next week and the losing team is thinking about next year. I was at the game. That one interception oakwood threw is the only time in the entire game that Oakwood got the ball and didnt get a touchdown. they got the ball fourteen times. U cant blame a running back for a total lack of ability to stop the opposing teams offense... If im correct number ten is the starting running back and when he was in they were put to fourth down five times and stopped twice. they also had a couple more stops when the last running back came in. Quit being delusional... U lost and even with all ur players they still were stopped a few times. Oakwood never even played a fourth down. U notice that? aquilla played 10! u r kidding urself if u think that game was even close.

If you had bother to read my post DAVID you would see you are the one "a little dillusional'!!! I posted after the game and planned on never writeing another post concerning Oakwood, but considering anytime someone posted a comment about the game, a rude unfactural post was written by someone from Oakwood. If your going to write a post, be sure your facts are straight, the only fact that is true is Oakwood won the game. Number 10 has not played on offense in the past 2 games, so you are mistaken stateing he started the game, it was #18 who had 285 yards to be exact against Oakwood before going out of the game midway through the 2nd qtr, the Cougars had the lead by 20 at that point. So your Bu**SH** statement that the game was never close is a joke, Oakwood was totally being dominated at the point because the game NEVER became close until halftime, where at that point 2 RB's had been injured.

It doesn't matter if Oakwood had subs in or not when they scored in the last minute, what amazes me is that Blonde girl stated that the "coach" told them NOT to score they just did it anyway....just another example of the "lack of discipline" they demonstrated throughout the game, they more personal fouls than I have ever seen thrown and there were several that had late hits and didn't get flagged. I will no longer waste my time or breath on you or any other Oakwood fan, but if you are going to run your head state facts and not opinion...maybe you should watch some game film so you will know who was in the game and what positiion they played, and who went out hurt and what the score was when they went out before you reply to anymore posts! You are just confirming what so many on this board have already said about Oakwood....CLASSLESS!!!!

Back