Apologies to Gordon

bootleg33":a76iuyua said:
This is Jarratt Shipp, currently the head coach at Prairie Lea. As a few of you already know, I recently accepted an assistant coaching position at Gordon I.S.D. In light of recent events, I feel it necessary to reassure the community that I WILL be honoring that commitment. It seems to me that Gordon just dodged a huge bullet and I've honestly never felt better about my decision to become a Longhorn. I'm sure the kids are upset and they have every right to be, but I couldn't be more excited to work with Coach Sizemore and pursue the opportunities that lie in front of us.
Our goals remain the same.

-Coach Shipp
How's this for a recent event?
Should there be a "Greener Grass" clause in all contracts?
jus sayin'.

Dogface2":1z88vlas said:
bootleg33":1z88vlas said:
This is Jarratt Shipp, currently the head coach at Prairie Lea. As a few of you already know, I recently accepted an assistant coaching position at Gordon I.S.D. In light of recent events, I feel it necessary to reassure the community that I WILL be honoring that commitment. It seems to me that Gordon just dodged a huge bullet and I've honestly never felt better about my decision to become a Longhorn. I'm sure the kids are upset and they have every right to be, but I couldn't be more excited to work with Coach Sizemore and pursue the opportunities that lie in front of us.

-Coach Shipp
jus sayin'.

Curious if anyone has ever wanted to just start something on their own? I never wanted to coach apowerhouse or continue a tradition. I've always been the odd-ball that wanted to start something on my own. I always wanted to take a program to the next level and see what I could do with my own schemes. Too easy to maintain something already there. Much more fun fun to build.

Dogface2":3dvj9w5g said:
bootleg33":3dvj9w5g said:

-Coach Shipp
jus sayin'.
Apparently, there shouldn't be a contract at all! It obviously has no meaning.

coachsatcher":179o82p8 said:
Dogface2":179o82p8 said:
bootleg33":179o82p8 said:

-Coach Shipp
jus sayin'.

Curious if anyone has ever wanted to just start something on their own? I never wanted to coach apowerhouse or continue a tradition. I've always been the odd-ball that wanted to start something on my own. I always wanted to take a program to the next level and see what I could do with my own schemes. Too easy to maintain something already there. Much more fun fun to build.
I sure would!!(build)
But,
that's not what's been talked about.
The general concern is over men going into interviews
promising anything,
"telling them what they want to hear"
getting the job, signing a contract
then backing out cuz they think they got a better deal/$ somewhere else.
Screw the kids.
Getting a job at a school that's never played 6man and building a program from scratch
that's what you're talking about and I agree,
that would excite me a great deal!!!!!!
Unfortunately,
the start up school usually believes they need a larger-than-life character
to do it,
instead of a humble carpenter.

coachsatcher":1tfld5e2 said:

I feel the same way you do. I've stated a few times on this board that coaching Veribest would be one of my dream jobs.

topher80":rhxmyfvl said:
coachsatcher":rhxmyfvl said:

I feel the same way you do. I've stated a few times on this board that coaching Veribest would be one of my dream jobs.

So you want to be the very best coach?

I take it from that article that Veribest is not the place for a coach who teaches social studies 8-12.

And if I was certified I would apply at Bloomburg White Deer...or find a school that is considering the switch to six-man in 2014 and apply there now...Nueces Canyon maybe???

No sir Mr. Holder. You have his number. He applied for the Gordon job. Give him a call. I don't understand how you where so glad you dodged a bullet but yet you are so worried about Richland Springs. You just can't get over the fact it was a family decision. I understand you are very loyal to Gordon and that is great. Maybe you ought to fill one of the assistant coaching spots and show your talents instead of trying to put down others, after all you are a counselor. You should really appreciate Gordon for keeping your job . Many small schools are having to make cuts in these type of areas. I made the comment Gordon did nothing wrong except they have a very mouthy counselor that tries to keep things going by hiding behind the internet. I understand you have been at Gordon for many years. Maybe you need to quit riding the coat tails of Nelson Campbell. There have been numerous times you could have taken a coaching position at Gordon but you seem to shy away from that. Mr. Holder if you need to know anything about Richland Springs please feel free to call me at 325-203-0815. Gordon will be fine, they have a great kids, with a very good coach and great 6 man background. Richland Springs will be fine also. You say you are happy with how everything turned out, so move on and leave it alone.

Thanks

Coach Burkhart
Richland Springs Coyotes

Burkhart

Just for the record I did coach for 7 years here...I feel like I was very respected as a coach, I could be wrong but dont think so....As for my job I was asked to take this position, so do I feel lucky to still have a job, not really, but I do like my job and appreciate GISD for all they all done for me through the years. You are right....We will go on and have excellent kids and Coach Kostiha will do great...As far as being mouthy, I can be outspoken about things I am passionate about.

Richard Holder
Head of Student Services (Not Counselor)

Just a thought, Richland has their coach and Gordon has their coach. Put it to bed, Coach Burkhart made a mistake, he owned up to it and apologized like a man. Time to move on.

The Bottom Line":3ilmmy08 said:
Just a thought, Richland has their coach and Gordon has their coach. Put it to bed, Coach Burkhart made a mistake, he owned up to it and apologized like a man. Time to move on.

Ditto. I only knew one Guy who was perfect, and He got put up on a cross.

Well, there was one time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken ...

Back