Apologies to Gordon

olderelk":2n5os8u5 said:
In 1993 and 1994 in District 21-5A teams turned other teams in for using ineligible players. They did it at the end of the regular season and in both cases it allowed the protesting team into the playoffs. In both cases it was determined the protesting team had found out long before they actually complained and was using the knowledge only as an ace in the hole (I don't complain if it doesn't benefit me). This didn't involve star players, one year it only involved one district game and the other year two. My question is, who cheated?

We find in private schools, it's usually somebody on the inside who rats on their school ... usually because the new recruit(s) end up replacing a kid who has been there since pre-school.

freeagent":3bn0hz6d said:
olderelk":3bn0hz6d said:
In 1993 and 1994 in District 21-5A teams turned other teams in for using ineligible players. They did it at the end of the regular season and in both cases it allowed the protesting team into the playoffs. In both cases it was determined the protesting team had found out long before they actually complained and was using the knowledge only as an ace in the hole (I don't complain if it doesn't benefit me). This didn't involve star players, one year it only involved one district game and the other year two. My question is, who cheated?

We find in private schools, it's usually somebody on the inside who rats on their school ... usually because the new recruit(s) end up replacing a kid who has been there since pre-school.
Didn't you see the notice above? This thread is being hijacked!

oldfat&bald":3f5znv32 said:
If a cow or a pig didn't die, it's not a meal.
As a Baptist preacher who consumes both beef and pork I will have to disagree chicken (fried) is a proper meal also. More chicken on Sunday!!!

pecospete":gbimf7z0 said:
oldfat&bald":gbimf7z0 said:
As a Baptist preacher who consumes both beef and pork I will have to disagree chicken (fried) is a proper meal also. More chicken on Sunday!!!
Last night I had fried chicken, mashed taters, gravy, and corn on the cob. And I didn't save any for you!

pecospete":23yyrb08 said:
oldfat&bald":23yyrb08 said:
Us Methodists always beat the Baptists to the cafe so we can get the white meat............

CowboyP":2dhhra7y said:
Watch it amigo. I'm a baptist.

As I was once told, wherever you see four Baptists, you'll see a fifth.

Hey, I was raised Catholic. The closest we came to temperance was closing the beer booth at the church festival during the Saturday mass.

CowboyP":4psadgyt said:
pecospete":4psadgyt said:
oldfat&bald":4psadgyt said:
Last night I had fried chicken, mashed taters, gravy, and corn on the cob. And I didn't save any for you!

No special dispensation for you! You should have sent the first fruits of your harvest at at least saved 10% and sent it.

Back