A little something.

thunderjake

11-man fan
I'm 23 years old. Wasted a good amount of time being content with the job I had gotten once i graduated from high school. I've had a pretty intense year of heartache and tragedy. But man, once those lights come on, when you can smell the grass, hear the school's bands bass drum in the far distance...you know that everything will be okay. I love this sport. It's a major lifeline for me. There's this something about the six man game that is different from the other types of football. This coming year, I plan on going to college to earn my teaching degree to do my part in helping others love and appreciate the game for the life lessons it holds within. I've struggled with depression for a while, but with the escape I get watching the games and with the help of the good lord, I'm going to reach for one of my greatest goals of coaching high school football. I just wanna thank Granger and everyone for the posts on here, I remember first coming on here when I was high school, I've seen a ton of posters on here with a ton of knowledge and I appreciate that. I wanna reach out to any coach willing to take me under their wings. This is an amazing website. Thanks for everything you guys do and post. I hope the good Lord blesses all of our boys in the next coming years. Good luck to the remaining teams left in the playoffs!

P.S. MelaniB, I like you and your posts, so don't fret on the silliness that you post too much. Keep em coming! :)

Prayers for Jake....Our God is a redeeming Savior...he takes sorrow and shame and turns it to blessings and hope...we will be staying tuned....

My advice....major in your teaching field (preferably science, math, or english) and minor in kinesiology. You will be hired as a "teacher first" and history and pe are flooded at the moment.

Thanks Pop...<3 I'll return the favor.

Thanks Texman, I'll take all the advice i can get. English has been my forte, so I'll definitely look into thay.

ThunderJake I love you already in Christ Jesus. I will be praying and thanking our Lord for taking you on this Journey. I know he will guide you all the way. You have everything straightened out the way you should go. He opened your ears to hear the bands,fans, all of the sounds of 6man football. He did that because that's where you belong and there are several fantastic Coaches that I'm sure will be happy to take you under their wing. As far as heartache, God knows how you feel. He has a plan for your life. He is laying out the road your to follow. So be close to Jesus and you will be a winner in 6man football. I will be watching for your post so my message to you is these guys have not hurt my feelings one time. I did. So post more often and read some of Bearkats post and you will begin to understand more about 6man football. I'm glad your here so bring on the post. You already have a lot of good Christian People pulling for you.

Haha, you guys never let me down.

Thank you very much for the encouraging words Melani, I am thankful for everyone's kindness in my time of need. I feel sooo much better after posting. It's awesome that everyone believes in me! I really needed this. I'm so thankful for this forum and the amazing people in it.

Jake there's lots of wonderful people on this website. Granger has been so gracious to have this site for us. He's very educated in 6 man football also. Bring you post on and you can be serious or feeling silly and we all join in. This site is like your family.

Do a science or math degree and a kinesthology minor. Become a knuckle dragging geek teacher/coach.

There are not enough of us knuckle dragging geeks, though I am of the engineer variety, not the teacher variety.....

T-Jake, we done tried all that ejucation, it anit all its cutout to be. If you wanta join up with us bums just become a entrepreneur.......

T-Jake, you sound like you're getting it together and that is awesome. Listen to the advice on your degree, my son coaches at Savoy and teaches science, and minored in kinesthology. It has been something that has made a well rounded young man out of him. First and foremost is the fact that you need to put the good Lord first and after that things will take care of themselves. Good luck young man.

If you can get a kid to learn to read, write, and count - you are a teacher. Doing anything other than those three, and you are just part of the propaganda machine that is hell-bent on destroying the fabric of this great nation.

Sorry - I digress.

Shorter version: Read what OBK wrote twice. The world is in dire need of more knuckle-dragging geeks.

Back