61 straight home wins

cowboyfan40

11-man fan
On this date, October 26, 2001, was RS last home and district loss. That comes to 61 straight home wins, 47 straight district wins, 10 straight district titles. Has any other school come close to those stats?

R U Ready
Post subject: Re: Motley County Matadors
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:09 pm

Replies: 56
Views: 3910

West... good thing your mighty coyotes well be ready cause they havent played a smash mouth physical team like MC...gar-ran-teed!!!!

Sorry for the " weak schedule", but your team was the best we could schedule. "76-28"

Really? Never schedule a tough opponent? Seeing as how they have won a "couple" of state titles, I don't think they really need to "schedule" tough ones because they will end up playing them in the play offs anyways. Jealous perhaps?

Taking nothing away from Richland Springs because they have been a powerhouse over the years for good reason...Having the talent and well coached... But I do agree that it seems they dont schedule any tough games.... And if they played someone in D1 they wouldnt meet them in the playoffs....

Richland Springs needs to schedule Strawn for a home and home schedule for a few years and see how that works out. All streaks end, ask Alabama.

texaslonghorn75":21m0v1tj said:
Richland Springs needs to schedule Strawn for a home and home schedule for a few years and see how that works out. All streaks end, ask Alabama.
I may be mistaken, but I didn't think the scheduling process was an arbitrary process. Don't both schools have to agree? Kinda easy to say somebody should do something because you want it to happen................................................

texaslonghorn75":1w17z80c said:

Takes two people to agree to schedule a non-district game.

Maybe when Jerry calls, the other guy doesn't answer the phone?

I'm talking competitive games. Both schools would be better with more competition. As far a setting the schedule, the coaches can make that happen. I'm seeing so many games where the losing team is 45'ed by halftime. Otherwise no competition until the playoffs.

Trouble is, Longhorn, about half of the sixman games are going to end by the 45 point rule. I've followed that stat for 9 years and it just hasn't budged outside of a range from 44% to 53%.

We won nine of our ten games this year by the mercy rule ... a lot at half. And some folks thought maybe we had an easy schedule.

But then I looked at the teams we played (all private schools). Of our 10 opponents, six made the playoffs.

And those six teams had an overall record of 37-19. And remember, six of those 19 losses were to us.

That's not all that bad.

I don't think that Richland Springs needs me to defend them on this board, but sometimes this harassment begins to irritate a normal person. You say that if D1 teams were scheduled, that the opposition would prevail through four quarters of play. LOOK AT THE SCHEDULE! Scrimmages with Valley, Throckmorton, Zephyr, Rochelle. D1 teams May, Gustine, Walnut Springs, Gordon (who, by the way, defeated Strawn). Enough said!

I know Cherokee has been down the last few years but their state champion teams were more impressive than the Richland Springs teams. More speed, more defense, just ask the old timers.

I am one of those"old timers". I was fortunate enough to have seen Cherokee in their glory years. You're correct in some aspects of your argument but one of the biggest advantages Cherokee had at that time was coaching.
I believe that Roddy could take his and beat yours or take yours and beat his. Richland Springs has established a dominant program over the last few years and deserves every bit of the accolades they receive, just as Cherokee deserved the credit they received.

texaslonghorn75":24dx4cg0 said:
I'm talking competitive games. Both schools would be better with more competition. As far a setting the schedule, the coaches can make that happen. I'm seeing so many games where the losing team is 45'ed by halftime. Otherwise no competition until the playoffs.

How much better do you think Richland Springs needs to get? They 45'ed every team in the playoffs including the state game last year and all but one the year before. That being a classic David and Goliath game with Richland Springs defeating Calvert 66-58 in what was no doubt the State Game. I think you must be one of the few that "really" want them better.
You don't see people signing up to go to a Football Clinic at Eden.
By the way I see you like the Chicken Fry at Mary's. Shoot I haven't eaten one of them in 3 weeks. Maybe we will meet you team in the playoffs. You think that would make us both better? Maybe?...........

Johnny South":f5wxib5m said:
Sure. And the older they get, the bigger the story gets. I know most of those old-timers!

You mean like, "When I was a kid, I walked to school in the snow, uphill both ways, ten miles. And we liked it! Next year, it'll be eleven miles. "?

I walked 12 miles and liked! With that being said I know that in 06 Blum asked R.S. to play them and they refused! Coach Talifuse told me this himself! Now we went on to play R.S. in the simifinals that year and they beat us! But why would'nt they play us in non district?

Back