6 man History

OBK send me an email to ct6mfl at gmail do com and I will forward you all the PSAA articles I have.

I know all these played 6 man
Copperas Cove (5A) Previously mentioned
Pflugerville (5A) Previously mentioned
Jarrell (2A)
Milano (1A)

I still have not made it to the Temple Archives yet, but it looks as if the Temple Library has all the papers from 1918 and after on microfish. Sounds like a good saturday outing for me. haha

there are several more...if you want to make that list complete I suggest going to the UIL and getting official UIL distritc lists for 6-man 1938-present...that's what I have...a lot faster than reading old newspapers on microfilm...trust me on that one...been doing that for over 4 years now

The 1941 Savoy Cardinals 6 man team. District 12B champs

8337804709_b19662c340.jpg

From the Amarillo Daily News 9/2/45

Farwell Six-Man Team Seeks Games

Jack Williams, coach of the Six-Man football team at Farwell, has a team ready for any Six Man club
in the Panhandle, but no schedule.

Farwell is seeking a game for Friday, Sept. 21 and would like to schedule one each Friday thereafter.
Schools interested have been asked to write or telephone Williams at Farwell

oneday":39899nov said:
how in the heck do you use the archive website...I've been trying for an hour and got nothing...my searches never turn up anything!

I use the "Exact Phrase" in the search engine for "6 man football", or the name of a known 6 man school with "football" as an additional search criteria in the next spot. And I limit it between September 1 and November 30.

Patience Grasshopper.......

Here some others, i tend to stay away from exact phrases. To each his own though....

six
sixman
six man
schoolboy
school boy
gridiron
PSAA
UIL
The school Mascot

The district, such as "8B" or "District 8B" you could also use "8B race" or "District 8B race" I noticed the National Archive does not recognize numbers by itself, i.e "8 B". It would just search for "B"

The county name, such as "Navarro County"

It really depends on the column writer at the time. In gatesville the sports column writrer always used the term "sixman".

Oh yeah...also "Oglesby six", "Jonesboro Six", "Turnersville Six"

Happy hunting.....

Back