2022 early predictions

Abbott and Gordon are both undefeated and virtually untested. I guess Abbott has more fan appeal at this time. If they do meet I'm predicting Gordon to win.
Gordon has a lot of young talent; looking forward to see what they will accomplish the next 3 seasons.

That said, If this year's Gordon boys can "rise up" against opponents like Gordon has done against Strawn in their Rivalry, they could go deeper in the playoffs than expected. May be an upset or two.

Hook 'em Horns!!

Last edited:
Gordon has a lot of young talent; looking forward to see what they will accomplish the next 3 seasons.

That said, If this year's Gordon boys can "rise up" against opponents like they have done against Strawn in their Rivalry, they could go deeper in the playoffs than expected. May be an upset or two.

Hook 'em Horns!!
I’ve always said the worst thing that can happen is to let a young go deep into the playoffs. Look at 2019 Motley Co. with those sophomores they had. If Gordon makes it to turkey day football (or further who knows) then D1 might be on notice next year.

I’m not going to disagree but Benjamin has a huge target on their back. Every team they play in the playoffs is going to go all out to beat them. A lot of the teams they have already played just wanted to get the game behind them. I wouldn’t bet the farm either way.

I mean you can say the same thing about Strawn and RS during their runs. Barring any injuries I still think Benjamin will play Cherokee in the final in D2. Balmorhea is really good too though, so that game will be the biggest test for them imo.

I’ve always said the worst thing that can happen is to let a young go deep into the playoffs. Look at 2019 Motley Co. with those sophomores they had. If Gordon makes it to turkey day football (or further who knows) then D1 might be on notice next year.
Pretty sure Coach Reed knows what he's doing & his #1 Son is among those Freshman on the team, but just curious, what happened to Motley County in 2019? Thanks.

One week of playoffs ✅
Didn’t get the 32 picks right on the pick’em but I got more than 3/4 right so it’s a small victory
Biggest bracket keeper: Irion Co. - I knew they would make it at least to turkey day ball. Hopefully they make it to Arlington
Biggest bracket changer: Bluff Dale - someone thought I was stupid for picking Calvert over them. Well, you were right and I’m ok with that.
Now there’s 16 games and 5 weeks left in the season

Attachments

• 775E6F15-EF92-47F4-A74D-DA4BBFA96ACE.jpeg
    775E6F15-EF92-47F4-A74D-DA4BBFA96ACE.jpeg
    377.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 8164431D-CCDD-457E-9D81-E1F2C0B94FC3.jpeg
    8164431D-CCDD-457E-9D81-E1F2C0B94FC3.jpeg
    178.1 KB · Views: 36
All the main picks that I made are still in with the exception of May, I was shocked and am still in shock with them being beat by IC. The one main take away is I believe it’s going to take some sort of defense to end up at Jerry’s world. I know this is Sixman football but at the end of the day if your giving up over 60 , 70 and even 90 points at some times and winning you better figure out how to drop that number in a hurry. I think teams with a strong defense will end up rising to the top at the end of the day but it sure is getting interesting without a doubt.

Biggest bracket changer: Bluff Dale - someone thought I was stupid for picking Calvert over them. Well, you were right and I’m ok with that.
That was me. It's ok. Hopefully you'll get on the region train with us now. ;-)

Edit: I commented and then looked at your bracket. Choo Choo.

Last edited:
All the main picks that I made are still in with the exception of May, I was shocked and am still in shock with them being beat by IC. The one main take away is I believe it’s going to take some sort of defense to end up at Jerry’s world. I know this is Sixman football but at the end of the day if your giving up over 60 , 70 and even 90 points at some times and winning you better figure out how to drop that number in a hurry. I think teams with a strong defense will end up rising to the top at the end of the day but it sure is getting interesting without a doubt.
Against teams outside their district, they give up an average of 36 points. However 91 is definitely concerning especially with the teams that they’ll have to play

I believe that district 7 is going to is the best district in D1 which is unfortunate for everyone else in Region 2 (and region 1 for the semifinals). Don't get me wrong, Westbrook will be good and is in a very competitive district, but will they match up against the district 7 runner-up.
With Benjamin, they'll be good. The only problem is that they're in Region 2 with all of those teams. Honestly, I would consider it a coin flip between them and whoever they play in the first
Against teams outside their district, they give up an average of 36 points. However 91 is definitely concerning especially with the teams that they’ll have to play
Yeah I understand that, but look who they played other than May…… that’s my point they finally played a top tier team and gave up 90 but again they have some talent but better learn how to play some Defense.

Yeah I understand that, but look who they played other than May…… that’s my point they finally played a top tier team and gave up 90 but again they have some talent but better learn how to play some Defense.
I believe it would’ve been best for them schedule tougher opponents and potentially take a loss. Better to be 14-1 and state champions then 14-1 and be state runner-ups

Another week of playoffs complete✅✅
Division 2 didn’t want to play nice and Division 1 didn’t quite play out how I thought it would
Biggest bracket keeper: Bluff Dale - They know how to score and I think that’ll be the key against Oakwood
Side note: the Bluff Dale coach was on Bally Sports which I thought was pretty cool

Biggest bracket changer: Cherokee and Jonesboro - it’s not that they lost, it’s that they ALMOST lost that made me change the bracket. Could it just have been a bad week? Maybe. Loraine and Irion County doesn’t care and want to be the team going into December playing football

Attachments

• AC39B9BB-2224-4026-8F41-2695CA225FB9.jpeg
    AC39B9BB-2224-4026-8F41-2695CA225FB9.jpeg
    224.7 KB · Views: 34
  • CF6C91F5-17DB-4EB7-8434-D0F069191395.jpeg
    CF6C91F5-17DB-4EB7-8434-D0F069191395.jpeg
    191.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
I think I heard all 6 starters and then one more of the sidelines scored
Sounds right from what I remember. It was close, with the last starter getting the last TD.
People have been sleeping on Bluff Dale from everything I've been reading/seeing, so it is nice to see @jamwash picking them to win on Friday. I guess that's a side effect of being a relatively new program. They have a lot of weapons, so they just need to play balanced, like they did this last Friday. If they can do that, I'm confident they will win on Friday.

Back