2021 Coaching Changes Thread

While it is definitely a surprise, you cannot blame the guy for wanting to make more if that is indeed the case. For now, everyone has the right to capitalize on their talents in the best economic way they see fit. I wonder if Texas 6 will be moving to Aquilla as well? Either way, I am a big fan of Lee and will root for Aquilla this year.

PS. Some school should throw a bunch of money at Coach Cervantes and see if they can get him to leave Lee's side. While the guy is a beast Defensive Coordinator, very few played the spread back position better than him. Don't believe me? Go watch some 2006 and 2007 Gustine Tiger film. There aren't many assistant coaches with a resume like that!

I'm surprised that Coach Cervantes didn't want to try on the head coaching job for size at Strawn? Some of these assistant coaches need to step out on faith. He certainly knows the neighborhood and the talent. Just leaves more chicken fried steak for me at Mary's..

Sounds a lot like the Burkhart to Gordon and back to RS. Can't blame Lee. Sometimes it takes this level to get things done. Is it fair? No, but that's the reality of it.

Strawn made it official yesterday on their Strawn ISD Facebook page. Coach Lee is the lone finalist for the Strawn ISD superintendent's position.

Texlonghorn75 said:
Strawn made it official yesterday on their Strawn ISD Facebook page. Coach Lee is the lone finalist for the Strawn ISD superintendent's position.

Gotta love it!! He will make sure Strawn continues to excel on and off the field

Has anybody filled the position at Chester?

Ray Woodard left earlier in the spring to take a administrative position at Groveton.

Well i am new to posting. Just finished my 30th year. Prob need to retire myself but i never got to coach 6-man. Played it but never got to coach it. As a principal myself, I can tell you but the problem is not probably with the principal but with the superintendent. Most have a weak spine and just want to protect their salary. It’s a real shame but that’s what it’s come to.

I "heard" this last week-end that Shannon Williams has taken the Aquilla job. If this is true, they have still hired one of the better coaches in the state.

yes Coach Williams is the new AD/ HC. Hopefully he is bringing a big broom with him. My advice, start at the front door and work your way back, otherwise you will need eyes in the back of your head.

Back