Will Throck win state?

Football god":s7szror3 said:
Wasn't your team suppose to be good and they got beat the first round or something like that. And throcks still in it? So why are you hoping Throck gets beat by the west
Im really glad that question was at Cowboy because you were really starting to scare me there for a second

Football god":3adhlj1c said:
Wasn't your team suppose to be good and they got beat the first round or something like that. And throcks still in it? So why are you hoping Throck gets beat by the west
Thanks ryry. I overlooked this post.
My team did get beat in the first round. They started that game with 3 injured starters on the field, one injured player on the sideline, and they were still up 20 points when the back up RB, an untested freshman, went out with a sprained ankle. The back up safety took over as RB until he went out with a concussion. They still only lost by 27. No team, east or west, has enough depth to overcome that many injuries.
Also, I never said I hoped Throck got beat. I simply said a healthy west bracket team would have the advantage.

CowboyP":2317q9i7 said:
ryry":2317q9i7 said:
Football god":2317q9i7 said:
what planet are you on? Go back and read some of your questions you asked prior before you go and post somthing like this thats makes you look incapable of reasonable thought. IM FROM IRA or do I need to put it in gooberish
That's an insult to Goob.
Oh,
I don't know.

Having a whole language
named after you
is an honor in most smaller countries.
Kinda like the new and improved word for Cool is:
Granger.
6man nation baby!!!!!!

Whomever beats Throck this year will have to out score them. Could become a problem...just saying. Ask Valley, they didn't get it done in week 0. In the east, a Lometa and Throck matchup might prove very interesting. Neither plays the best defense around and both offenses are more than potent.

To be accurate, Valley scored more touchdowns than Throck.

You are going to have to score every time you have an opportunity to beat throck, and shut them down a few times. Extra points are critical.

Valley did everything they were supposed to do to win - except kick extra points.

Blue Bird":26qc8yax said:
Whomever beats Throck this year will have to out score them. Could become a problem...just saying. Ask Valley, they didn't get it done in week 0. In the east, a Lometa and Throck matchup might prove very interesting. Neither plays the best defense around and both offenses are more than potent.
Lometa's defense has improved dramatically. Has it improved enough to stop Abbott and then Throck? We'll find out soon.

rainjacktx":3hyn08i2 said:

You are going to have to score every time you have an opportunity to beat throck, and shut them down a few times. Extra points are critical.

Valley did everything they were supposed to do to win - except kick extra points.
Dang I hate agreeing with rj, but he's right about this. If Valley would have made all PAT attempts, they would have won.
At this point in the year, mistakes will cost you the game. The teams that make the fewest will move on.

Early in the year, both teams made a lot of mistakes. heck most of the teams there for the classic made a lot of mistakes. Despite the mistakes it was an exciting game to watch.
The thing that concerns me about Throck is their unconcerned approach to games. Call it confidence, emotionless, whatever. It also appears that Throck would just as soon trade TD's and wait for the other guy to make a mistake. Sooner or later the other guy is not gonna make that mistake.

Blue Bird":2uw39m9c said:
Whomever beats Throck this year will have to out score them.

Last time I checked, this is true for every team and every game of football.

"Coach, what are you going to have to do to win this week?"

"Score more points than the other team."

Throck will win state, they already have. no team in the west has a chance. Oh mighty Throck!!!!! Geezzzzz give me a break. ask a stupid question and get a stupid answer. in abilene on Dec 10th, the winner of that D-1 state championship game is ur winner!!!! there u have it folks.

rainjacktx":3u1dx59d said:

Didn't T-roc beat Valley
at the Hico classic
while 6 of their starters
were benched for discipline reasons?
Or was that last year?
I think most coaches would have caved and gone for the W.

Dogface":gte2t1cq said:
rainjacktx":gte2t1cq said:

Didn't T-roc beat Valley
at the Hico classic
Or was that last year?

That was last year when Throckmorton played Follett at Hico.

Dogface":2hvtiya3 said:
rainjacktx":2hvtiya3 said:

Didn't T-roc beat Valley
at the Hico classic
Or was that last year?

You're off by about 52 weeks.

rainjacktx":2jph587y said:
Dogface":2jph587y said:
rainjacktx":2jph587y said:

Didn't T-roc beat Valley
at the Hico classic
Or was that last year?

You're off by about 52 weeks.
Ooooops.
Missed it by....that much.

Granted Throckmorton has talent and should be at the State game if they get past Abbott, but who have they played this year aside from week 0 that has really challenged them as a team? Nothing against the East teams or bracket or whatever but it's just been the weaker side This year! It's easy to say you have depth when your talent isnt equally matched and yet teams still score on them significantly. The West has been a battle field of top ranked equally matched teams that has FOUGHT their way to be at the State Championship game and the right to be called Champions! So no I do not believe Throckmorton TRock whatever will win State this year!

Back