Why The Silence?

Where do you see popups? I turned the advertising over to an ad agency but I specifically told them I didn't want popups on the site. Also, when you're logged in you should actually see less ads than folks who aren't logged in. I definitely don't want to hinder the member experience too much but you're only the second person to say anything about the ads since I switched companies. The other one was The Wesp and I assumed he was mostly joking.

I definitely don't do this for the money. It could be another few years before I break even on everything I've spent, and we won't even talk about the time I spend working on this site on a daily basis, especially during the football season. I just now, this year, got back what I paid to Granger for the site, not counting the monthly expenses I pay for the site server, mail server, off-site backup storage, spam prevention, and software licensing fees.

Anyways, I only say all this because I don't want people thinking I'm some greedy douchebag who is sitting back, collecting a check, and getting rich off of this site, because that's simply not the case. The last several years it's pretty much made enough to pay for my fuel when I do go to games and for my week at the state championships.
FWIW I do not see any pop ups. I use mobile all the time but never had any issues with pop ups. I don’t even see ads really. Just fyi

Boring/slow?
Yes!
Not a lot to talk about this time of the year.
I few good teams and 1 or 2 great teams. Most games are going to be extreme blowouts and this will likely continue well into the playoffs.

I see these two pop-ups every time I visit this site, the Hulu ad takes up the bottom part of the page and the protein ad is always on the right. The worst part is once you close them out and click on a message board topic, they both pop back up again.

I'll send this to the ad company and see if they can get rid of that video as but that lower one isn't really a pop-up. It's a static ad that just sticks to the bottom of your screen. Honestly, that's pretty standard on sites with ads these days.

FWIW I do not see any pop ups. I use mobile all the time but never had any issues with pop ups. I don’t even see ads really. Just fyi

You have a Supporter membership so you won't see any ads.

I'll send this to the ad company and see if they can get rid of that video as but that lower one isn't really a pop-up. It's a static ad that just sticks to the bottom of your screen. Honestly, that's pretty standard on sites with ads these days.

You have a Supporter membership so you won't see any ads.
Ohhh I got ya! I didn’t even really look at the “benefits”, I just wanted to chip in to help. So that’s the easy solution, everyone chip in a little bit and problem solved! 🤷🏻

Does it expire one year from when I take out subscription? How do I join?
Yes it’s good for 1 year from the date you pay. On mobile you will open your account stuff, by clicking your icon at the top, then there is a section for account upgrades. I’m not sure how to find it on a laptop/computer as I’ve always just used mobile for the site. I would think it would be found somewhere close to that same area with your account details etc.

Yes it’s good for 1 year from the date you pay. On mobile you will open your account stuff, by clicking your icon at the top, then there is a section for account upgrades. I’m not sure how to find it on a laptop/computer as I’ve always just used mobile for the site. I would think it would be found somewhere close to that same area with your account details etc.
That was so easy. Thanks again.

The fact that Gordon is going to 45 every opponent for the next 2 years has certainly removed the excitement from Div 1. It's hard to watch a movie when you already know the ending, so we won't have much intrigue until the 2026 season.
I've never followed Div 2 very closely, but Rigdon kept me interested.
They will have to face a very physical Jonesboro, Abbott and May teams! They won't 45 everyone this year! Mark my words! I'll stick my own foot in my mouth if they! It will Be Westbrook vs one of those teams at Jerry's World! Mark it, Stamp it whatever you want to do! #AOE

I've said it all along...the easy fix for the financial issue, use DraftKings interface and call it MikeKings. Use "The Toy" for spreads and accept CashApp or Bitcoin as paid in / out betting. I will take a 3% cut finders fee.

I'm joking of course, kinda. lol

They will have to face a very physical Jonesboro, Abbott and May teams! They won't 45 everyone this year! Mark my words! I'll stick my own foot in my mouth if they! It will Be Westbrook vs one of those teams at Jerry's World! Mark it, Stamp it whatever you want to do! #AOE
Gordon played a "very physical" Jonesboro,Abbott,& Westbrook team last year and were still taking victory pictures in the 3rd quarter. They lost ONE starter on defense. They are basically the same team with one more year of experience. IF they stay healthy I don't see anyone taking the state title from them for the next 2 years. Just my humble opinion.

Gordon played a "very physical" Jonesboro,Abbott,& Westbrook team last year and were still taking victory pictures in the 3rd quarter. They lost ONE starter on defense. They are basically the same team with one more year of experience. IF they stay healthy I don't see anyone taking the state title from them for the next 2 years. Just my humble opinion.
You can't compare last year to this year! This is a different year! Now hats off to Gordon! I. Not taken nothing away from Gordon! They won kicked our butt! We took it and we were still humble about it! All I'm saying is teams change year in and year out! They will be in a war when they face those teams. Adversity is part of the game! You cant be free from it. That being said, i hope and pray for safety all the way accross the board. And If they do 45 everyone we'll congratulations. At the end of the day, Gordon makes it Westbrook makes it! Those 2 teams are still the two top teams in State of Texas no matter what! And we will be Humble about it win or lose! Just my Humble Opinion! #AOE Love talking football! Goodluck to all!

You can't compare last year to this year! This is a different year! Now hats off to Gordon! I. Not taken nothing away from Gordon! They won kicked our butt! We took it and we were still humble about it! All I'm saying is teams change year in and year out! They will be in a war when they face those teams. Adversity is part of the game! You cant be free from it. That being said, i hope and pray for safety all the way accross the board. And If they do 45 everyone we'll congratulations. At the end of the day, Gordon makes it Westbrook makes it! Those 2 teams are still the two top teams in State of Texas no matter what! And we will be Humble about it win or lose! Just my Humble Opinion! #AOE Love talking football! Goodluck to all!
Different year - Same team!!! (Maybe better)

Back