Who's in it to win it?

exaltHIMfirst

11-man fan
Just wondering if any of you number crunching, ranking watching, rumour hearing gurus of the sixman board would care to give speculation and inject your wisdom on the following for Div II:

Who's leading in the districts after week one?

Who's ahead in the race to District Championships?

Who's the strongest from one to ten?

Are the rankings accurate based on your knowledge?

What special or "inside" knowledge is there about any teams out there that would help catapult them in the rankings over the next few weeks?

Where the heck is Waldo?

Oops sorry for that last one.

Anyway, your thoughts?

District 3

Arlington Fellowship 4-2 (1-0)
Brownwood VLA 4-3 (1-0)
Wichita Christian 1-4 (0-0)
Joshua Christian 0-6 (0-1)
Wichita Notre Dame 1-4 (0-1)

District 2
Tyler Street 3-3 1-0
Christway 3-3 1-0
Balch Springs 2-4 0-0
Waco Parkview 0-6 0-1
Heath Fulton 0-6 0-1

Tyler Street has some good looking athletes, #7, #10 and the QB #8 especially but may be a year a way, but never count out Coach Favors he is a winner. Christway has #3 at running back and he is a blur, he makes Coach O'Connor look good(haha). Balch Springs has another Kloyd brother at running back so they have a special athlete to run the ball(I wonder if he is the last one?). I don't know much about Waco and Fulton except that they are very young. All but Christway have a new coach this year. Balch Springs could be the surprise in this disrict.

District 4
Brenham Christian is the class of this district. Coach Headly has his young men just rolling over people as they are 6-0. The rest of the district is fighting for 2nd.

District 5
Best let Lifegate handle this district. But I think everyone knows that the "Ship" has his team at the top and they will stay there thru district play. There is going to be a good team miss the playoffs from this district.

Distict 1
There are two strong teams from out West and they are Amarillo Heritage Classical and Christ the King. They should finsh as the top two and if you believe the rankings Amarillo has the advantage. They also have a kid named O'Dell #13 who is a truck from what I have read, 6'2 225 and can run or throw. CTK should do very well in the playoffs as they have an experienced coach. Jesus Chapel should get the third spot as Plainview has just too many things to overcome at this time. But you never know!

This is just some info I have gathered from reading thru this board and looking at all the stuff Granger puts together for us. This was not ment in anyway to unfairly place, or talk about anyone, it was fun to read and research each district and go to some of their websites.
This is going to be a fun year to watch.

District 1-
Christ The King- That coach is top five in wins in the history of six-man in Texas. Sixmanfootballcoachesassociation. He is there. Pretty solid district though.
District 2- Christway is strong. Alot of people think Tyler Street may get 2nd which is very possible. I'm picking Balch Springs to get 2nd. 3rd Tyler Street.

From Coach Joshua E. Johnson

I resent that statement. First of all we are not AFRAID of competition. We have scrimmage and played teams like Christian Life, Willow Park, Clearlake Christian, and HILL SCHOOL!!!!!!! Hill School who has played very solid throughout the TCAF district. If you honestly have seen Brownwood and like them in this district that is fine. I respect that! Lets not jump on the bangwagon yet unless you have seen a team. Finally, we are not scared coach Rodricks I played you guys last year when I was the DC last year at Glenview. It was over quick. This whole coaching staff has seen Brownwood VLA play and they are very solid. Coach Peters, Coach Harris, and I have all played your teams.

Slow down, boys. Most of us have no idea what you guys are talking about? And obviously you do so you might want to talk nice nice to each other and resolve this before throwing dirty laundry on this board. You've seen how well that usually goes.

This was a post to see what teams might have a chance for district and beyond.

brownwood victory only has one athlete. #22 is all they have. he is extremely shifty so watch his middle. you also have to watch out for #18 he's tall, has a huge stride and has extremely good hands but is only thrown too when he is WIDE open. check him at the line. Their passing defense is suspect so air it out. Brownwood Exposed!!!

Thanks for info......
Arlington Fellowship
Coach Johnson

I know they will be ready for us. There were at least two or three teams scouting us Saturday night. They were one of the teams. I remember that number 22 last year when I was at Glenview. He has alot of speed.

Normally, it's the KIDS who have to be told to play nice. This time, it's coaches.

Let the games be played on the field and the Christian faith that your school stands for control your comments on the board.

I haven't said anything on here out of line. I started my responses from a direct quote made about our school. Rodricks, I do teach classes, I was responding to a comment made by you about my school.

If you don't want someone to read a post, why post it.........that was kind of a stupid statement?? (referring to Roddricks questioning why your post was being responded to).

"I think Brownwood Victory wins District 3. They seem to be playing well of late and aren't AFRAID to play anyone."

Peter, Where in that post do I mention Fellowship????????

"that was kind of a stupid statement?? (referring to Roddricks questioning why your post was being responded to)."
txrranger16, what is that above post?????

you were inferring us. you know you were! now I can get on here and tell the story as to why we canceled against your team if you want me too, but I'm trying to save you the embarrassment. btw, it is peters not peter. thanks

Back