Who's in it to win it?

this is actually pretty funny, i must admit. but, to simplify this. Ive seen both teams play. Fellowship has come a LONG way with their program. i think they have a good chance of going deep into the post season. they are very well coached defensively. now, Nazarene is pretty good, but will most likely finish 5TH in their district. so, im not sure where the trash talk is coming from, but it sure is funny. lol

Below is the schedule for Brownwood: I know that there have been differences between Fellowship and Nazarene but this is not the place for them. Let's not forget players read these posts as well. That being said I do believe that Coach Rodricks meant no malice in his comments. I have talked to him in detail and what happened earlier in the year is over with. I think sometimes we should take a post for what it says and not to read into it. If you look at Brownwoods schedule below you will see they played public schools the first five games of the year. These teams had an average rating at the end of 2007 of 138.65 based on Granger's system. That is a tough schedule for a team that DID NOT win one game last year. I have great respect for both schools, Fellowship and Nazarene, both have come a long way this year and nothing should be taken away from either one. I also believe we should take a moment before we post and think who might be reading these. I personally do not allow trash talk from my players, but i would not have a leg to stand on if one of my players saw me trash talking other coaches on a message board!!

Brownwood Victory Life's Schedule

Date Opponent Time
0 Fri, Aug 29, 08 at Irving Universal Academy 4:30 PM
1 Fri, Sep 5, 08 at Brookesmith 7:30 PM
2 Fri, Sep 12, 08 vs Iredell 7:30 PM
3 Fri, Sep 19, 08 at Star 7:30 PM
4 Fri, Sep 26, 08 at Coolidge 7:30 PM
5 Fri, Oct 3, 08 vs Blanket 7:30 PM
6 Fri, Oct 10, 08 vs WF Notre Dame * 7:30 PM
7 Fri, Oct 17, 08 at Joshua Christian * 7:30 PM
8 BYE
9 Fri, Oct 31, 08 vs Arlington Fellowship * 7:30 PM
10 Fri, Nov 7, 08 vs Wichita Falls Christian * 7:30 PM
* district game

james111,

"Ive seen both teams play. Fellowship has come a LONG way with their program."

I couldn't agree with you more,Coach Harris has done an outstanding job over there at Fellowship,and will have them prepared and ready to go come playoff time. Coach Harris has established himself as a solid six man coach, it showed when he was at Glenview.

not getting worked up but seeing the disrespect Coach Rodrecks has for me is ridiculous. I consider what Rodricks did earlier in the year to me and my coach disrespectful. I'm not even going in to specifics. Coach Baker I respect you and what you stand for. heck, we even attended school back in tha day together. as far as posting more responses to Rodrecks, I agree that our kids might read these and think what a couple of schmucks we are. anywho, well said Coach Baker. I'm out!

Boys, behave. I got a delete key and I know how to use it ...

Gees, I don't follow the board for a couple days and all heck breaks loose.

WOW!!!

All I wanted to know was who was in it to win it. This was a like a private school sixman soap opera.

Let's see:
"As the Football Turns"
or
"The Two-a-Days of our Lives"
or
"All my Athletes"
one more
"One Game to Live"
How bout them apples?

I happen to like apples...

John, s-l-o-w-l-y move the finger away from the keyboard... ... ... That's good. Now, release the hostages... ... ...

Back to the thread:

One of the truly fun things about schools that have enrollments in the "Div II" range is the rollercoaster ride that can happen throughout any seasonal sport. Smaller schools historically rely on one or two talented players (because that is all there might usually be in the school). So if even one player is sick, hurt, ineligible, or - simply - out of town for the UT v A&M game, the whole District standings-thing can change overnight.

In addition, as has been stated before, games are played on the field not on paper. On any given Friday night (sounds like a good title for a movie) or Saturday morning/afternoon one play, one mistake, one slip --- you get the idea --- and the favored team goes home with a "L."

All that said -- and only having the comments from this board :?: :!: plus "paper" stats to go on -- it appears that the champions for 2008-2009 will have to go through Fredrickburg. There is a fair possibility that Duncanville will have a lot to say about that, as well.

Regardless of the circumstances or the outcomes, if we would remember to put Christ first :D , remember that our kids are watchnig and listening to everythiong we say and do :oops: , and remember that we want our kids to have even greater successes/memories in their lives than a sport's championship to share with their own children and grandchildren :mrgreen: , then every game will be fun and exciting and have the potential to be glorifying to God. Afterall, isn't that what we really desire??

Coach Sobey

Coach Sobey,
Good to hear that you are still alive and kicking!! I see you still haven't lost your sense of humor.How is life out west treating you? Hope El Paso is treating you well! Amen to your above post and you are absolutley right that the road to the title runs through Fredricksburg! It's been that way for the past 5-7 years under Coach Shipman. How are you guys doing in district this year?

God Bless, Coach Brian Rodricks

Well Boys, the time has come :!:

It is now December -- well, as of midnight :D

It is Fredericksburg Heritage vs. Duncanville Christway :wink:

Look back and see who said what :lol:

Hope to see you at the game.

May Christ be glorified -- (and GOOOOOOOOOO Eagles - hahahahaha :lol: )

Back