Who will win district?

CowboyP

Six-man expert
Please give opinions based on how good you think the team is, not on your favorite team.
My opinion
1) Aquilla
2&3) Bynum & Abbott
4) Penelope
This is my guess based on what I've seen/heard so far this season. Aquilla could be knocked out of the top spot if they underestimate Abbott or Bynum. Both have quality teams that are proving themselves each week.
Penelope will have to step it up if they plan to compete with any of the other teams in this district.

1 & 2 could be either aquilla or abbott
3 bynum
4 penelope

i think that first and second will be decided between who wins the abbott-aquilla game, but i wouldn't be too terribly surprised if bynum shocks either aquilla or abbott or both of them.

aquilla
toss up between abbott and bynum...comes down to who wants it the most...abbott with the most experiance or bynum under a great coach direction that gives them the desire to win but needs to start working on the finishing strong
penelope

The great oracle SmokeyJosephus has peered into his crystal ball and predicts that whoever wins the most games within the district will take the trophy.

With half of the season played my picks are as followed:

1. Abbott
2. Aquilla
3. Bynum
4. Penelope

That is if Abbott is injury free come district play.

I love that everybody has written us off this year over in Penelope. We are getting our chemistry back so I hope you guys do underestimate us. After this past week against Coolidge it looks like the ball is starting to roll in the right direction.

I would say this is the most evenly matched district in the state. I believe Aquilla is the team to beat, but not by much. I don't think anyone has written Penelope off, I sure haven't. No easy wins for anybody in district play. I pick Aquilla to win it, but wouldn't be surprised if any other team takes it either. Whichever two teams make the playoffs will meet again in the Regional championship.

hornkeeper12":2z74tm23 said:
I would say this is the most evenly matched district in the state. I believe Aquilla is the team to beat, but not by much. I don't think anyone has written Penelope off, I sure haven't. No easy wins for anybody in district play. I pick Aquilla to win it, but wouldn't be surprised if any other team takes it either. Whichever two teams make the playoffs will meet again in the Regional championship.
I completely agree. Aquilla is the team to beat, but one misstep could keep them out of the playoffs.

Abbott was supposed to be the best last yr and they're before. Last year you rabbits talked so much crap it the stingy drifted out of the west and covered Penelope. Thank goodness Rusty Garrett blew us in a northern. And once again you guys claim to be the best and more than likely it will be aquilla and Penelope in the regional finals pounding it out again. Bring your binky's and napkins to wipe the tears of 3 district losses this year and support the real teams in D1-14.

Back