Who's #1?

Johnny South":3gedezv9 said:
OffensiveJuggernot":3gedezv9 said:
Who is the best player in Sixman this year?
If you could give the 6man heisman trophy to any player this year who would it be?

Well pardon me Jugg. I sure thought that you asked for opinions here. Why didn't you just make your statement and leave it at that?
OffensiveJuggernot":3gedezv9 said:
No body is better than #7 from Calvert, or #1 from Milford
Your right Johnny South

Just to name a few and in NO particular order.

Adrian Espinoza - Valley
Corbin Sumners - Borden County
Marcos Mendoza - Balmorhea
Hayes - Crowell
Happy - Colton McCarley
Happy - Karson Bryan

Robert Robuck - Jonesboro
Walker Tippie - Richland Springs
Milford - Spreadback
Calvert - JaQuan Thompson
Gabe Nelson - Union Hill

Anyone with a brain would figure if the right person got to Union Hill, He'd be in football heaven.

Why do you ask?

Union Hill is next to Gilmer Texas. 3A/4A POWER HOUSE with athletes.

Shane Mallory may of found 6 man heaven EAST

Kramer":dugnkljd said:
Anyone with a brain would figure if the right person got to Union Hill, He'd be in football heaven.

Why do you ask?

Yeah, kinda like Richland Springs being close to that powerhouse San Saba...........

Kramer":2sj9icxt said:

Why do you ask?

Location isn't everything. Buckholts is 10 minutes away from Cameron who we all know is an 11 man power house. Then it's about 15 minutes away from Rogers who often always makes deep play off runs. Then still only about 30 minutes away is Temple which is a 6A I believe, and as of recently they have been doing really well. Buckholts has not been doing well as of lately. I honestly feel it's the other way around. It's hard to keep exceptional athletes at such small schools, they most of the time want to take their talents to a bigger school.

Location isn't everything. Buckholts is 10 minutes away from Cameron who we all know is an 11 man power house. Then it's about 15 minutes away from Rogers who often always makes deep play off runs. Then still only about 30 minutes away is Temple which is a 6A I believe, and as of recently they have been doing really well. Buckholts has not been doing well as of lately. I honestly feel it's the other way around. It's hard to keep exceptional athletes at such small schools, they most of the time want to take their talents to a bigger school.[/quote]

Maybe that's why the west tends to be stronger than the east since, most west Texas towns are more spread out then maybe this forces athletes to stay at small schools because the commute would be too far.... just a thought.

4thandlong":eakjcjsc said:
OffensiveJuggernot":eakjcjsc said:
Jonesboro shut the spreadback from Milford down... Milford only had 16 points
well, Borden county seem to shut #7 from calvert down as they were close to 45ing them at halftime before there starters got hurt... Milford has only lost 4 games in the two years #1 has been spreadback, and has never been down by more than 18 points in that time span either.
You need to check your information. I was at the Calvert/BC game, and none of BC's players left the game injured.

CowboyP":3f9rgnw6 said:
4thandlong":3f9rgnw6 said:
OffensiveJuggernot":3f9rgnw6 said:
well, Borden county seem to shut #7 from calvert down as they were close to 45ing them at halftime before there starters got hurt... Milford has only lost 4 games in the two years #1 has been spreadback, and has never been down by more than 18 points in that time span either.
You need to check your information. I was at the Calvert/BC game, and none of BC's players left the game injured.
Almost there whole starting lineup left with cramps.....

B6MF":3q7t4en8 said:
Location isn't everything. Buckholts is 10 minutes away from Cameron who we all know is an 11 man power house. Then it's about 15 minutes away from Rogers who often always makes deep play off runs. Then still only about 30 minutes away is Temple which is a 6A I believe, and as of recently they have been doing really well. Buckholts has not been doing well as of lately. I honestly feel it's the other way around. It's hard to keep exceptional athletes at such small schools, they most of the time want to take their talents to a bigger school.

Maybe that's why the west tends to be stronger than the east since, most west Texas towns are more spread out then maybe this forces athletes to stay at small schools because the commute would be too far.... just a thought.[/quote]
You really think kids leave Buck cuz of athletics?

OffensiveJuggernot":k9hyjaip said:
CowboyP":k9hyjaip said:
4thandlong":k9hyjaip said:
OffensiveJuggernot":k9hyjaip said:
Almost there whole starting lineup left with cramps.....

Since when are cramps an injury? Next thing you know there will be crying in Football.

You really think kids leave Buck cuz of athletics?[/quote]
Not all of them, but I do know of a few who have. I'll say when I was in high school I almost left, after a terrible freshman year. Then we got good coaches/teachers who did extremely well in the classroom and on the field. I ended up staying in Buckholts mainly because of athletics.
Another interesting thing, My freshman year we had a 1-8 season. After we got good coaches in the next season we improved to 8-3 with the same people. Coaching/Teaching is more important than location. One thing a lot of coaches don't do is focus on building their younger players, they tend to focus on their current varsity starters. If you focus on building your younger players just a much as your starters, than I believe that's how you begin a dynasty! (I personally believe that's why Richland springs is so good year in and year out, the coaches work on building their young players just as much as their experienced players.)

Back