Who else could win division II?

Red Baron

11-man fan
I'm just wondering is there any other teams that could possibly challenge or win state, besides the 3 teams that appear to be the front runners so far (Brenahm, Seguin Lifegate, and Tyler Street)?

Red Baron":1a6te16f said:
I'm just wondering is there any other teams that could possibly challenge or win state, besides the 3 teams that appear to be the front runners so far (Brenahm, Seguin Lifegate, and Tyler Street)?
Nope! Looks like it Might end up Being Dallas Tyler Street vs brenham in the title game in moody... and im wondering why it is the early title game this year d2 is always the night game but this year its at 12pm

every year TAPPS alternates who plays the 1st game and who plays the 2nd game. This year DII plays afternoon game, DI plays night game.

Come on Gentlemen, surely there has to be another team somewhere in the state that could possibly challenge these front runners! I'm simply asking because I'm new to this site and to six man also. Would love to hear from some of you guys, who are well versed in six man football. Thanks.

Right now, I believe the winner between Lifegate and Brenham will be state champ. Injuries and grades may have something to do with it later, but if all stays the same, it will be one of these two teams in my opinion.

RRCAsports":w6xbwd01 said:
every year TAPPS alternates who plays the 1st game and who plays the 2nd game. This year DII plays afternoon game, DI plays night game.
well D2 has played at night for the past two year lol i guess they decided to switch it up this year

tepryde":c05ivg30 said:
Right now, I believe the winner between Lifegate and Brenham will be state champ. Injuries and grades may have something to do with it later, but if all stays the same, it will be one of these two teams in my opinion.
And i agree with tepryde! But wouldnt be surprised if Tyler Street sneaks up and win it either.. lol i know yall getting tired of me saying this but.. Aaron Whitacker and Jd Spencer Knows what it takes to win the title.. They are 1-1 in title games they have all the experience!

What about Fredericksburg? They won hands down 2 years ago then disappeared last year. They seemed to have a super coaching staff, did that change? If not I would say they have a shot at winning the district. They seem to have played a tougher schedule then Lifegate so far, so the records won't tell the story. I haven't seen them play and no one has mentioned them. Any insight?

Box Dad":2rc9n6cz said:
What about Fredericksburg? They won hands down 2 years ago then disappeared last year. They seemed to have a super coaching staff, did that change? If not I would say they have a shot at winning the district. They seem to have played a tougher schedule then Lifegate so far, so the records won't tell the story. I haven't seen them play and no one has mentioned them. Any insight?
Well they did have a bad year last year but I do not expect them to win that district anymore! Seguin owns that district now not freddy!

Box Dad":2s3w4z79 said:

Same folks at Heritage as in the past years, but I think they'd even admit they don't have the numbers or the hosses they had a couple years back. A couple of their better athletes transfered to nearby public schools and I think that some of their classes coming up had more girls than boys, a reverse of a few years back.

Such is the life of a small private school.

But they ain't chopped liver either. Should be a good game in Seguin on November 5th.

Box Dad":kki8sfbj said:

I saw one of the fredricksburg games. They play hard but lack numbers and a true game changer. The game i watched they dropped alot of passes. Those are some of the differences I saw. The are not to be underestimated however. Better put the game away if you have the chance early. They don't know the meaning of the word quit. Their coaches will have them ready to play come Seguin.

Let's start talking up Heritage.

Coach Shipman is really a lonely guy and very depressed that no one is on line telling every one how great his team is doing ...

I am a long time six man fan and have finally decided to get an account and post. For the last few years i have been going to the top TAPPS teams games because i enjoy the christian factor and fans. That being said I have seen Dallas Covenant play both Tyler Street and Brenham. Unless Tyler Street was missing their stars in that game, they don't belong on the same field as Brenham. I also saw that Lifegate team play their homecoming and against Bastrop. These guys are pretty good and i'm not sure why but they really score every two plays when all their starters are on the field. But they put in the younger players ALL THE TIME!! it makes them hard to watch. but their starting defense stays in most of the time and its almost impossible to score on these guys. every one of them was a ball hawk. So to answer the question on who else could win, nobody. Brenham and Lifegate will be the best game of the season in this division unless somebody on their team gets injured.Both these teams have lots of speed. Lifegate hasn't played as tough of games as Brenham but it seems to me that everybody brenham has played also wasn't as good as we first thought. My pick is lifegate beating brenham by 23 and beating tyler street by 45.

7thman67":2h3320os said:
I am a long time six man fan and have finally decided to get an account and post. For the last few years i have been going to the top TAPPS teams games because i enjoy the christian factor and fans. That being said I have seen Dallas Covenant play both Tyler Street and Brenham. Unless Tyler Street was missing their stars in that game, they don't belong on the same field as Brenham. I also saw that Lifegate team play their homecoming and against Bastrop. These guys are pretty good and i'm not sure why but they really score every two plays when all their starters are on the field. But they put in the younger players ALL THE TIME!! it makes them hard to watch. but their starting defense stays in most of the time and its almost impossible to score on these guys. every one of them was a ball hawk. So to answer the question on who else could win, nobody. Brenham and Lifegate will be the best game of the season in this division unless somebody on their team gets injured.Both these teams have lots of speed. Lifegate hasn't played as tough of games as Brenham but it seems to me that everybody brenham has played also wasn't as good as we first thought. My pick is lifegate beating brenham by 23 and beating tyler street by 45.
Ouch, them boys in the north ain't gonna like you at all....BTW Pine Drive /Brenham game maybe a good one...gotta love the underdog here......I don't know if you noticed a #26 for Lifegate...if you did, did you think he plays dirty? Just asking because of some comments made (plural )by some winning
coaches and parents before and after a couple of our games.

robt78155":18hdfn9v said:
7thman67":18hdfn9v said:
Ouch, them boys in the north ain't gonna like you at all....BTW Pine Drive /Brenham game maybe a good one...gotta love the underdog here......I don't know if you noticed a #26 for Lifegate...if you did, did you think he plays dirty? Just asking because of some comments made (plural )by some winning
coaches and parents before and after a couple of our games.

I have noticed his number. Is he aggressive? yes. very. so are 19, 27, and 21. Is he dirty? not in the least. i have only seen two games but he makes great hits between the whistle as far as i'm concerned. thats just me though. i've never coached but i'm sure if i did i would want players like him. Pine Drive is doing good this year but they are no where near brenham's level sir. let me put it to you this way. Number 7 is one of the best players i've seen in this division and he will make sure pine drive's number 21 does nothing. they will be shut out until the back ups come in for brenham. I'm more excited about the lifegate geneva game. This will be a wake up call for one of these teams. I have lifegate "running away" (no pun intinded) with this one. geneva has ZERO defense and lifegate is averaging 60 a half. i can't wait to see brenham and lifegate.

and "freddy" as yall call them on here have no chance at this district. i'm going on a limb and saying they lose to castle hills and lifegate. castle hills is the second best team in this district (watched them play earlier this year). i'm not sure how they lost to believers or town east but i do think 99 out of 100 times they wouldn't. very fast team. as a matter of fact. if they go on tyler street's side of the bracket, i have them going to state.

again though brenham is one of the best teams i have seen in a long time. i WILL be at that semifinal game

7thman you lost all credibility with the Castle Hills comment. 2nd best team in this district??? Heritage will 45 them most likely by halftime.

GSB":f6xvtmq4 said:
7thman you lost all credibility with the Castle Hills comment. 2nd best team in this district??? Heritage will 45 them most likely by halftime.

My bet is that Lifegate and Heritage will both be 6-0 in district when they play in November.

Geneva finishes third and then the rest will be a grab bag between RC Believers, Town East and Castle Hills.

The advantage that Lifegate has with three solid offensive threats is that they can be successful with just two of them. They can use some of the young kids (five freshmen, and at least one new to football kid) to fill a role and at least a couple of them have found a place on the squad.

Back