Thoughts for next year in Division II?

Anyone have any thoughts on next year for this division? I know its a long way away, but its always fun to look ahead.

Does TAPPS divide Division II into two different divisions next year or keep it one?

Who will the front runners?

Who will fall off?

Who will stay in the middle of the pack?

Anyone.......

NDCS is losing a very talented senior class and one of the most dynamic spreadbacks in the state. I don't think you can necessarily replace that kind of talent in an off-season, but it will be interesting to see if the Knights can retool their offense to stay competitive. Especially if Div. III is eliminated.

Which also makes me wonder? Before all the teams that cancelled their seasons dropped out during the summer and at the beginning of the year, what was the plan for the playoff format in Div. II?

Really??

Only the Knight from ND has any info! Come on QB, Go Kitty, Mr Jones,pup, John Holmes, SFA, Game traveler, non of you guys have any insight for next year. I know with you private school guys there can sometimes be kids who leave, kids who show up before practice begins, kids who show up from anywhere in the world, but lets get some football talk started here.

I will take a shot with my limited knowledge of this division II, or whatever it will be next year.

Fred Heritage - looks like they could be back in full form next year. I dont think they are losing much to graduation and their coach is a dang good one. Look for them to be back next year and a force to be dealt with.

Bulverde Living Rock - Not sure about these guys but they played well at times this year and have a good young coach so I hear.

Notre Dame - will lose one of the best all around athletes this year to graduation and not sure how athletic the returners will be. They do have a coach that has been to the dance the last two years.

Baytown - Looks like they lose 7 seniors. Will this be a one and done or does baytown regroup and make another showing next year?

Cedar Park - Believe they were very young this year, I look for them to be in the mix next year. Good Coaching goes a long way at this level.

Wichita Christian - their name always seems to come up and they are generally ranked up higher in the division. Dont seem to play great D but tend to score points. Dont know what they lose but im sure they will be up in the rankings when the season starts.

Granbury NCTA - who knows who will show up for these guys. They seem to be able to score, but can they play any D. Dont think they lose much to graduation so we shall see.

San Marcos Hill Country - the coach there seems to have got the thing going there. I expect them to be back next year and play the physical football they are known for.

New Braunfels - i believe the WR returns and it will be tough to stop him if he is. I know they throw the balll all over the place and that can create issues for a lot of teams.

Waco Live Oak - been there the last 3 or 4 years and got them one this year. Not sure what they are losing but do know the spreadback will be back next year. That along with some good coaching will do well for these guys again next year.

This is not a ranking of any kind, just my opinion.

Adios for now

"You got any mustard biscuits?" LOL I loved you in Slingblade BillyBob!!!

Man I have been out of pocket this year. I think I am missing Davey Boy.....

I see you have said nothing about Seguin or Longview teams. You are correct that one will never know what a TAPPS school will have before the season. Also, you never know what the "youngin's" at TAPPS will do about playoffs.

Prickly

Game traveler, glad to see you back among us. I do love some mustard on my biscuits!!

I did leave those two teams off, but not because I dont think they are good teams or programs. I got lost in all the DII and DIII crud that I inadvertently left them off. So here goes...

Seguin - Coach Rabon always seems to reload every year. Im sure, as always, the falcons will have great team speed and will play that smash mouth defense they usually play. I always look for those guys to be in the mix. I would have loved to have seen their 'full' team play Baytown.

Longview Christian Heritage - They had a great year for a first year program. Dont know a lot about them but do expect to see them again come playoff time.

Longview Trinity - I have heard that this was a rebuilding year for the Titans. They had a great year and if my sources are correct they had some injuries that hurt them in the playoffs. I look for them to be back in the mix of things as they seem to always be.

Who know what the playoffs will be like next year in TAPPS. Its a crap shoot every year.

Anyone seen ol Davey Boy??

I heard through the grapevine that Dave is down in College Station somewhere doing....whatever Aggies do!

It will be interesting to see what the ole Texas Association of Pets and Party Supplies does for the playoffs next year. I vote just take every body and seed them based off the rankings on this site. Might as well, cause they have done it every other way.

billybobthornton":1eu94w9h said:
Really??

Only the Knight from ND has any info! Come on QB, Go Kitty, Mr Jones,pup, John Holmes, SFA, Game traveler, non of you guys have any insight for next year. I know with you private school guys there can sometimes be kids who leave, kids who show up before practice begins, kids who show up from anywhere in the world, but lets get some football talk started here.

I will take a shot with my limited knowledge of this division II, or whatever it will be next year.

Fred Heritage - looks like they could be back in full form next year. I dont think they are losing much to graduation and their coach is a dang good one. Look for them to be back next year and a force to be dealt with.

Bulverde Living Rock - Not sure about these guys but they played well at times this year and have a good young coach so I hear.

Notre Dame - will lose one of the best all around athletes this year to graduation and not sure how athletic the returners will be. They do have a coach that has been to the dance the last two years.

Baytown - Looks like they lose 7 seniors. Will this be a one and done or does baytown regroup and make another showing next year?

Cedar Park - Believe they were very young this year, I look for them to be in the mix next year. Good Coaching goes a long way at this level.

Wichita Christian - their name always seems to come up and they are generally ranked up higher in the division. Dont seem to play great D but tend to score points. Dont know what they lose but im sure they will be up in the rankings when the season starts.

Granbury NCTA - who knows who will show up for these guys. They seem to be able to score, but can they play any D. Dont think they lose much to graduation so we shall see.

San Marcos Hill Country - the coach there seems to have got the thing going there. I expect them to be back next year and play the physical football they are known for.

New Braunfels - i believe the WR returns and it will be tough to stop him if he is. I know they throw the balll all over the place and that can create issues for a lot of teams.

Waco Live Oak - been there the last 3 or 4 years and got them one this year. Not sure what they are losing but do know the spreadback will be back next year. That along with some good coaching will do well for these guys again next year.

This is not a ranking of any kind, just my opinion.

Adios for now

Fredy- I believe you may be wrong about them. They were fairly senior heavy, however they have an amazing coach and I believe they will make a run as they do every year.

Bulverde Living Rock- Losing a very good spread back and not sure what else they have returning but I think they only had 8-9 players suited up all year.

Notre dame- losing arguably the best overall athlete in D2. Can they rebuild put pieces together and make a 3rd straight trip to the state championship?

Baytown- Many thought they were down movers to start the 16 season as they lost many seniors last year. Losing the same amount this year. They proved to be solid after beating Fredy, Seguin, and ND.

Cedar Park- Had a not so good year last year but I believe they can make a splash next year with returning players.

Wichita Christian- They played a good game against ND in the playoffs but didn't seem to impress throughout the regular season. Barely helped off a lower ranked plainview team. I see them being in the same position next year.

NCTA- Always have the ability to collect some transfers, and have a solid #8 returning. He's only a sophomore and super quick. This kid has the ability to be the all state running back next year. They do lose their solid fullback that does set the edge for him.

SMHC- Losing several key players that have been there for a while but they always seem to be competitive and until proven otherwise I do not expect that to change. Great coaching and hard hitting program.

NBCA- This team will be returning everyone! They were beaten by a solid Live oak team and had a very impressive team. I see them as being the favorite to take it all next year.

Waco Live Oak- Always have a great program and great coaching staff. They will be losing a large core of their team but with that many kids in the sidelines Im pretty sure they will have a wide selection of athletes to compete with.

Conroe- This team is very under rated. They played NBCA very close in the playoffs and very easily could have been the team playing Waco in the finals. They lose their elusive rb but have another waiting not he roster. They return all but their rb. Very big and physical. Look for them and NBCA to clash again in next years playoffs.

Back